Getting blue buff as Kennen

I don't play ranked, mainly because I'm not 30 yet, so the games I play aren't cutthroat serious. So with that said, am I wrong to get the blue buff as Kennen? Every time I get it (and I'm not stealing it from people, I usually get it when no one else is nearby) some asshole like a Teemo or Ziggs or pretty much anyone else says I don't need it. Am I wrong to get the blue buff as Kennen? It increases my energy regen and lowers my cooldown, and anyone who has ever played Kennen with the blue buff should know how much easier it is to move around and survive when you have it. And it's not like these are ranked matches. Should I stop getting the blue?
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    Teemo shouldn't be raging. Teemo doesn't need blue buff.

BUT, basically why they rage is because they're champions who use mana, a very slow regenerating resource unless you spend gold on items to increase it.

Generally though, at level 30, you're only going to have one AP carry in a game, and he'll be mid, so after a certain point, depending on the jungler, all blue buffs go to that person, but as a Kennen blue buff isn't as important for you as it is for mana users.

So basically what I'm saying is, for Kennen, blue buff is a little bonus, for other AP carries, it is a HUGE advantage. You may be wrong to take it from some AP carries, but you're not wrong to want blue buff. Hell even on some AD carries I enjoy having blue buff because it's helpful, but it's about who has priority and who will gain the most out of having blue buff. Unfortunately Kennen isn't very high on the priority list.

Deleted
    It's not like it's bad, but... If there are any mana-users nearby, especially early game, then you REALLY shouldn't take it. Maybe from teemo :P.

I think it increases your energy regen with what, 1.5%? That's absolutely nothing if you think about it, and it's completely wasted during laning phase for Kennen, and much more beneficial for say, Jax, Ziggs, Irelia, or maybe even your jungler (Most junglers will jungler faster if they have the blue buff).

In teamfights, and you're fed, then i'd say it's perfectly legitimate to give you blue for the CDR only. It's like blue on vlad or morde later in the game, it's awesome. Especially because most CDR items have either: Mana or Mp5, so blue buff is one of the few alternatives for CDR on non-mana characters.

It's definitely not just 1.5%. It feels so much faster with blue buff.

It goes from like 5 energy per tick to 8 (I'm not sure about the numbers, but it's something like that). 5 per tick to 8 per tick is like what, 60% increase from blue buff. Which is insane.

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    As you said, not ranked or 30, it's a toss up really.

There are a couple of important factors to consider. The first being whether or not you have an AP carry (Cassio, Morgana) that wants it. Being pre30 they might not even know what it is or does. Another being whether or not your jungler could use it more effectively, again being pre30 you might not even have one. Aside from that take it to prevent the enemy team from having it. However, as Kennen the energy regen and some CDR is great although too much CDR on Kennen is a bad thing. If you find yourself able to get Blue, and from my perspective even without it, make sure to not build CDR items.

I recently started playing Kennen so take my advice with a grain of salt. Before I started playing him I found this guide helped out quite a bit.
    Grammar- It's the difference between knowing your shit & knowing you're shit.

Your team should be synergising with you better.

Kennen doesn't really need blue buff, so why not pick a blue reliant jungler like Fiddlesticks or Amumu, when you have a Ken mid?
    Cho’Gall: Cairne Bloodhoof is dead? Did we kill him?
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.
    Cho’Gall: How do you accidentally kill someone with an axe?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    It's definitely not just 1.5%. It feels so much faster with blue buff.

It goes from like 5 energy per tick to 8 (I'm not sure about the numbers, but it's something like that). 5 per tick to 8 per tick is like what, 60% increase from blue buff. Which is insane.
    Quote from LolWikia: This unit regens 25 flat mana regeneration per 5 seconds and 0.5% of their maximum mana (or energy) per second and has 20% cooldown reduction on their abilities. If slain, this buff transfers to the killer.

0.5% of their max. energy per second, so that translates into 1 more energy per second... Which is very little if you look at the bigger picture .p
    Last edited by mmocd37cb64f78; 2012-06-04 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by athanasios View Post
    Quote from LolWikia: This unit regens 25 flat mana regeneration per 5 seconds and 0.5% of their maximum mana (or energy) per second and has 20% cooldown reduction on their abilities. If slain, this buff transfers to the killer.

0.5% of their max. energy per second, so that translates into 1 more energy per second... Which is very little if you look at the bigger picture .p
    ...go play right now and look at it. Of course it's not a direct equivalent from mana to energy. Basic math. I get 5-6 energy per tick without blue, 8-9 energy per tick with it. That's not .5% of max energy per second. Go do it.

Edit: I'm not saying Kennen is best to have blue, I'm saying it's not as bad as you think it is. It's not .5% energy per per second, that would just be silly.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2012-06-04 at 05:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    ...go play right now and look at it. Of course it's not a direct equivalent from mana to energy. Basic math. I get 5-6 energy per tick without blue, 8-9 energy per tick with it. That's not .5% of max energy per second. Go do it.

Edit: I'm not saying Kennen is best to have blue, I'm saying it's not as bad as you think it is. It's not .5% energy per per second, that would just be silly.
    Uhm... my source is directly from LolWikia... i'm not wrong .p

10+ Year Old Account
    then Lolwikia is wrong, because i know for a fact it's not .5% max energy being regened on top of the normal rate...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Then LoLwikia is wrong. I know for a fact that it ups your energy gain by at least 3 energy per second, having played Lee Sin, Kennen and Shen quite often.

Deleted
    I just checked the buff ingame.. It's 0.5% of your maximum energy, aka 1 more energy per second. REMEMBER: It's per SECOND. And not per 5 seconds...

This translates into 5 energy per 5 seconds...

But after a bit of investigation a lot of people seem to say they go from 50 to 65 on the character sheet, which translates into 3 Energy per second...

But that must mean the description of the buff is wrong
    Last edited by mmocd37cb64f78; 2012-06-04 at 06:55 PM.

Probably has to do with someone like Ziggs having higher mana costs on spells and longer cd's, Kennen is an AP who has very short cd's on his spells compared to a lot of other mana-using AP's. Basically shorter cd's on some AP's (for example Veigar) means more bursts during teamfights, and they won't run out of mana in case you win the teamfight and you need a fast baron kill or clear waves fast using spells, a Kennen without blue buff will do more damage in teamfights, but not that much more burst, and Kennen without blue buff is still able to do his dmg on baron or clearing waves because he is not limited to mana.