2nd ideal profession?

I want to lvl another prof but what would go good?

main char has max alch/herb (working on mute master)

Alt with max mining

Quiet server

Gay AH

2k to spend

I think your best bet would probably be JC or Inscription. JC and Alchemy go well with each other.

Since you already have mining maxed out, you will hardly be using the AH at all unless for certain bottlenecks but it is perfectly viable to level JC primarily through mining. You will have to mine like crazy though, so be prepared for it. Check out wow-professions.com and follow their JC guide. I would not really recommend JC on a dead server if you don’t know what you are doing trying to make a profit of the profession.

If you don’t feel like you can manage farming Ores and Prospecting them or simply hate doing dailies for JC tokens, Inscription is really cheap to level and you are a herbalist already. Follow the same guide and farm all those herbs needed and mill them. You don’t need to do any dailies to level Inscription and can pretty much be levelled with minimum amount of gold. Inscription also should do well in the next expansion now that Scribes will be crafting BOE shoulder enchants.

I'd agree with Jewelcrafting or Inscription. Perhaps Jewelcrafting because it's a solid moneymaker and quite useful across all characters regardless of patch.