Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Server First level 90 Warlock

Hey everyone, so as the title goes I'm going to go for a server first 90 warlock. I play on a high pop server (Kel'Thuzad). So it will prob be challenging. So my fastest time I have for leveling a toon to 85 was my Rogue Escalation on the server Kel'Thuzad-US. It took 3 Days 2 1/2 hours. (No RaF) Any tips/advice on to help me achieve this? All feed back is appreciated!

P.s. I do have beta and my best time from 85-86 is 2 hours.

Thanks! Jxt server Kel'thuzad (US)

Get friends to help you
    Know the best spots
    Buffs, as much as possible; flask, food buffs, all class buffs
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

10+ Year Old Account
    You're probably gonna have to speed up your leveling game just a bit. I leveled either my lock or hunter 1-85 in 2 days 12 hours /played (also no RaF). If you're determined, your best bet is to stock up on gems, flasks, pots, food with food buffs, and do every quest you can in the beta from 85-90 over and over again. Find a route with quests that keeps you constantly doing something. I'd suggest only doing each dungeon once (select them manually instead of randomly) to do the quests in it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GodHunter View Post
    It took 3 Days 2 1/2 hours.
    Is that with or without heirlooms? I usually do it in 2d 4-10h depending on class after the wrath content nerf.

Deleted
    Pratice, pratice, pratice. It's probably gonna get extremely boring towards the end, but you need to be able to do the quests without having to read the quest text at all, and you need to have pretty much every detail planned out in advance, because you can be sure someone is doing the same. Also you need to factor in that people will be doing the same quests as you, so you'll need to find a way to get infront so you don't get stuck in the pack of people doing the same quests as you, this is probably the most critical point when you're making a run for realm first on a high pop server.

Learn the quest progression of each zone, knowing which quests are optional, which quests will be a bottle-kneck on a largely populated area etc.
    Some quests from hubs are not required to complete to move on to next hub. Skipping these can get you ahead of the crowd and make it alot smoother when not competeing for spawns.
    Have at least a tank and healer at hand for quick dungeon runs (preferably a full group to run with).
    Keep a supply of enchants / gems / food / flasks / potions in your bags.
    Disable non-critical addons. By the time of launch most addons will be updated for the new stuff added in the pre-launch patch so broken / lua errors wont be a problem but, depending on your machine, loading times can be. An addon that auto-accepts / turns in quests, skipping all quest dialog is a nice thing to have.

outside of the game:
    snacks + drinks; sandwiches + OJ.
    A good playlist
    get on vent / skype etc with friends + guild. A bit of banter is always an exellent thing.
    Hope you aren't stuck out of the game for several hours due to login server issues while others can get on. This is probably one of the biggest problems you might face. Can remember cata launch, when I finally could login I did a /who and saw several folk already lvl82.
    Last edited by autopsy; 2012-06-04 at 07:20 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    1- It's very important to get ahead of the rest of people very early on.
    2- Find friends to help you. This is very important.
    3- Goes without saying that you should know your way from 85 to 90 with your eyes closed.
    4- Get a good sleep the night before and have all the stuff that you need to keep you going for hours ready.
    5- Consumables are very important (flasks, potions, ...) as well best available gear to start your run with.
    6- Pray for good luck .
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Hey everyone, so as the title goes I'm going to go for a server first 90 warlock. I play on a high pop server (Kel'Thuzad). So it will prob be challenging. So my fastest time I have for leveling a toon to 85 was my Rogue Escalation on the server Kel'Thuzad-US. It took 3 Days 2 1/2 hours. (No RaF) Any tips/advice on to help me achieve this? All feed back is appreciated!

P.s. I do have beta and my best time from 85-86 is 2 hours.

Thanks! Jxt server Kel'thuzad (US)

3 days is really fuckin slow

you have to try really hard to go above 1 1/2 days played for 1-85...

Quote Originally Posted by greenn View Post
    3 days is really fuckin slow

you have to try really hard to go above 1 1/2 days played for 1-85...

---------- Post added 2012-06-04 at 11:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by autopsy View Post
    Learn the quest progression of each zone, knowing which quests are optional, which quests will be a bottle-kneck on a largely populated area etc.
    Some quests from hubs are not required to complete to move on to next hub. Skipping these can get you ahead of the crowd and make it alot smoother when not competeing for spawns.
    Have at least a tank and healer at hand for quick dungeon runs (preferably a full group to run with).
    Keep a supply of enchants / gems / food / flasks / potions in your bags.
    Disable non-critical addons. By the time of launch most addons will be updated for the new stuff added in the pre-launch patch so broken / lua errors wont be a problem but, depending on your machine, loading times can be. An addon that auto-accepts / turns in quests, skipping all quest dialog is a nice thing to have.

outside of the game:
    snacks + drinks; sandwiches + OJ.
    A good playlist
    get on vent / skype etc with friends + guild. A bit of banter is always an exellent thing.
    Hope you aren't stuck out of the game for several hours due to login server issues while others can get on. This is probably one of the biggest problems you might face. Can remember cata launch, when I finally could login I did a /who and saw several folk already lvl82.
    Great stuff here! Loving all the feed back. So yeah, what is a good addon that auto-accepts/ turns in quests, skipping all quest dialog?

15+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2012-06-04 at 11:38 AM ----------

Great stuff here! Loving all the feed back. So yeah, what is a good addon that auto-accepts/ turns in quests, skipping all quest dialog?
    "Quest turn in" would be one. There is another one I can't recall. I'll edit this post when I do.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

The people on Kilrogg-US who hit 85 first were running dungeons from 80 to at least 82, which allowed them really good xp gains as well as avoiding the bottleneck of thousands of people in Vashjir and Hyjal.

Basically, avoid the places where other people will be taking mobs,drops, etc.

Deleted
    kripparian has very interesting things to say about this topic.

http://youtu.be/K9C6eO6mTcc

that's all you need to know.

Inb4 Intent get all realm firsts on our server, Lol
    I really don't know about geting realm first on KT
    Might be pretty hard with how many people are here

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    that's all you need to know.
    wat .

10+ Year Old Account
    Load up on daily quests and any lvl 85 quests you never turned in, I heard that helps
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have friends with warlock alts who are not going to care about server first, have them position them selves at quest hubs that take a little bit of time to travel to. Less time spent running and killing accidentally engaged mobs the better.

It seems like It only took me about 2 days after launch of cata to hit 85 on my dk. I missed realm first 85 dk by about 3 or 4 minutes.

One thing I can suggest, is once you level up and can go to the next zone, do so.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

buy alot of energy drinks :P

Kel'Thuzad is the 3rd highest pop, with nearly everyone being Alliance. You're going to have to team up with people, and have them support you throughout the leveling process. Analyze your competition by trying to figure out who got first level 80, and 85 on K'T if they're still around. I've noticed these people are usually in the top server guilds, so start there. It might be improbable to get if they have a guild supporting them(can usually tell if a bunch of people in that guild have realm firsts) so you'll have to figure out how to counter that.

edit: Did some checking for you, seems like Intent will be going for them. They have realm first 85, and some classes.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...7156963?page=2

Also found an old thread where they were hiring people to gank the competitors.

Going to be honest: You don't stand a chance w/o a guild supporting you.
    Last edited by Acry; 2012-06-07 at 09:49 PM.