Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

How can they justify Tyrael farming still not fixed?

Well, topic says it all. How can MAJOR exploit like this go without a hotfix for so long?
    All you need to do is get quest where Tyrael follows you(act 3,4), find any elite/champ pack, put MF gear on, die, go AFK 5 min, come back and pick up loot from elites Tyrael alone killed. I mean, they hotfix some chest farming, but let this go on?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenx View Post
    Well, topic says it all. How can MAJOR exploit like this go without a hotfix for so long?
    All you need to do is get quest where Tyrael follows you(act 3,4), find any elite/champ pack, put MF gear on, die, go AFK 5 min, come back and pick up loot from elites Tyrael alone killed. I mean, they hotfix some chest farming, but let this go on?
    Maybe a lot of people aren't bothering with it...I mean, if you're hardcore you can't use it, and those on softcore probably either haven't reached that far or just prefer to farm earlier, maybe easier spots to get to...

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenx View Post
    First off, have you tested how long it actually takes for Tyrael to kill some champ packs? I can't imagine it would be better than just fighting them yourselves with his help.

I completely agree that Tyrael should vanish if you die and the fact that blizzard is so slow on fixing these issues is astounding.

Because you're over exaggerating ALOT. He can help kill the mini bosses, but he is useless against most rare/elite packs. Since they love to charge and kite around and they regen more than he can damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hapylol View Post
    First off, have you tested how long it actually takes for Tyrael to kill some champ packs? I can't imagine it would be better than just fighting them yourselves with his help.

I completely agree that Tyrael should vanish if you die and the fact that blizzard is so slow on fixing these issues is astounding.
    I did, thats why i was surprised to see it is still working. Tyrael solo killed champion Soul Lasher with Extra Health before it even enraged, and from what i have seen in other atempt, he doesnt care about enrage either, mobs dont heal faster or anything while enraged. Tyrael has like 30k DPS.

Because you're over exaggerating ALOT. He can help kill the mini bosses, but he is useless against most rare/elite packs. Since they love to charge and kite around and they regen more than he can damage.
    I just personally watched him out dps regen of champion(yellow) mob with Extra Health in Act 3, its not overexaggerated in any way. Maybe this exploit isnt known as much as i thought, thats why it is unnoticed? I remember reading it like week ago and tested it today while doing Siegebreaker farm runs...im DH, so its much faster for me to kill any elites by ressing over and over, but this allows anyone to farm like that.
    Last edited by mmoc16a8f9d66b; 2012-06-04 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Maybe a lot of people aren't bothering with it...I mean, if you're hardcore you can't use it, and those on softcore probably either haven't reached that far or just prefer to farm earlier, maybe easier spots to get to...
    Pretty sure a whole bunch more people have reached it on softcore as opposed to hardcore.
    js

imo sounds silly, but i'm sure it'll be fixed eventually. Not quite as easy of a fix as reducing a number though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Funt Case View Post
    There's a video on youtube which shows the opposite.

So people use this exploit instead of playing? They are idiots if they use it, and are shit if they can't kill stuff themselves

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    The only mobs Tyrael can't kill are some very specific ranged mobs that flee too much, invulnerable minions (unless Tyrael somehow hits the right one), as well as Shielding+Extra Health (depending on minion) and Vampiric+Plagued.

He kills everything else without trouble.

No clue why it isn't fixed either. fixing it isn't hard - just make Tyrael deal less damage.
    Or make him disappear when you die? I don't mean to sound condescending but I think making him deal damage when you are dead is rather silly.

Do you just equip MF gear and die when you see elites or do you actually try and kill them? I am just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    They also haven't fixed the other glitch that lets you go into Act III/IV inferno without opening those quests (and without joining someone else's game).

I tried farming w/ Tyrael for a little while but the repair bill wasn't worth it for the gear that was dropping (almost all 60 blues, all garbage), even with about +80% magic find. I'll have to try him on some champ packs, but on the miniboss fights I was farming the mob would regen faster than he could dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Funt Case View Post
    Pretty sure you have no idea what you're talking about.

Yeah, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Tweaking a number in the coding to reduce the damage he deals is easier to put in place than a script for him to disappear when we die. Thats why people are suggesting it methinks.

Just have to tweak it to where he deals less than or equal to the self healing mobs have, while they work on making the many many lines of code to have him disappear upon death.

This being said from someone who kills mobs.

Sorry but what's MF gear?

I tried it, and after the first time I kind of laughed and left it. It's terribly boring and I usually end up spending more repairing than I'm making so I just went back to doing things the normal way. I agree though it should be nerfed/fixed.

Deleted
    how can half the uniques with +attack speed doesnt affect your attackspeed at all?
    its like the simpliest shit on earth to fix that and its highly retarted that bug appeared in the first place

Tyraels DPS is from him being a fallen angel.. OBVIOUSLY. :P

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lirnda View Post
    I tried it, and after the first time I kind of laughed and left it. It's terribly boring and I usually end up spending more repairing than I'm making so I just went back to doing things the normal way. I agree though it should be nerfed/fixed.
    How would you spend more repairing by dying once then risk dying multiple times? I am not suggesting to cheese Tyrael, but the amount of gold you would spend on 1 champ pack vs 1 death is a lot worse then dying multiple times. Add in the fact that you are wearing MF gear and the chance for the drop to outweigh the repair is vastly superior.

It's stupid if you just go in and suicide on everything. Act2 goblin farm or heck any chest farm or even act1 is probably a lot more lucrative than that.

How can you justify ranting and raging as much as you are, its a game that has bugs or things that need to be tweaked who cares. Your telling me you are doing this and disappointed that its not fixed yet? I'm sorry but I'm a barb on Inferno Act 1 and I'm farming Act 3 Hell with MF gear, going for Khosik Bridge to Seigebreaker and he runs along me but I do most of the dmg. I do that whole run and spend like 400g on repair and get a whole inventory full of Blues and like 5-10 Rares that takes me 20 minutes max. So your telling me you would rather DIE to a mob, go afk for 5 and go back to your rez point to run all the way back to loot and rinse and repeat? Sounds to me like that is a waste of time would take you 10 minutes per pack and there is around 3-5 packs in that whole stretch he's with you your wasting 30 - 50 minutes doing that instead of actually fighting you would be STUPID to do it that way. And your bitching about the slow way.. WAY TO GO!!