Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Wow, has no one figured this out or is it really this easy to make money?

I buy thousands obsidium ores for the ridiculously low price of 22g/stack on my server, prospect them, send them to my xmute master alch and turn all the green gems in to shadowspirit diamonds, and put them on the AH for FAR lower than market value (so they sell quickly). I also sell the blue gems I get from prospecting.

Even selling the uncut meta gems at 75% their market value, I still make a massive profit. (Reason is because at that price 200+ metas will sell quick)

Deleted
    Everything that has to do with the Auction House varies from server to server.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildsoul View Post
    Everything that has to do with the Auction House varies from server to server.
    Well, the ore price apparently got drove down by bots, and bots are everywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or hang on to them until MoP launches and price for materials skyrockets in price with a ton of people newly leveling professions..

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I posted in another thread that on my server ore prices are still at 60 per stack and upwards - so may I say "anecdotal evidence"?
    Sorry. I didn't know. My server is also extremely populated, so that could be a factor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I posted in another thread that on my server ore prices are still at 60 per stack and upwards - so may I say "anecdotal evidence"?
    Same here. It's nice for you that ore prices are low and you are the only one making use of it, but give it time and others will join and prices settle again. Unless you are on a very quiet server, but even then you'll probably run into the problem that the market gets saturated with gems by you putting them up for cheap and you have to keep lowering the prices or simply sell nothing cause there is no demand. But I'm happy for you that you're making money late in the expansion, not everybody is that lucky

Quote Originally Posted by Genooo View Post
    I buy thousands obsidium ores for the ridiculously low price of 22g/stack on my server, prospect them, send them to my xmute master alch and turn all the green gems in to shadowspirit diamonds, and put them on the AH for FAR lower than market value (so they sell quickly). I also sell the blue gems I get from prospecting.

Even selling the uncut meta gems at 75% their market value, I still make a massive profit. (Reason is because at that price 200+ metas will sell quick)
    it's called the elementium shuffle (or in your case, the obsidian shuffle). I've made over 2 million gold doing this. Though I don't bother with meta's since I'm on a low pop server and ppl have really slowed down gearing up. I sell the hell out of cut inferno rubys. Cut and DE the good rings/ necks and then just turn all jasper gems into rings and vendor the green ones and either DE or sell the blue's. I also 2 box so prospect on 2 toons with the press of 1 button so I mass produce gems.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Same here. It's nice for you that ore prices are low and you are the only one making use of it, but give it time and others will join and prices settle again. Unless you are on a very quiet server, but even then you'll probably run into the problem that the market gets saturated with gems by you putting them up for cheap and you have to keep lowering the prices or simply sell nothing cause there is no demand. But I'm happy for you that you're making money late in the expansion, not everybody is that lucky
    I've made over 60k in the past week. Ever since I started WoW in vanilla I've had shit luck with money, feels good to finally hit the economic jackpot.

---------- Post added 2012-06-04 at 07:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    it's called the elementium shuffle (or in your case, the obsidian shuffle). I've made over 2 million gold doing this. Though I don't bother with meta's since I'm on a low pop server and ppl have really slowed down gearing up. I sell the hell out of cut inferno rubys. Cut and DE the good rings/ necks and then just turn all jasper gems into rings and vendor the green ones and either DE or sell the blue's. I also 2 box so prospect on 2 toons with the press of 1 button so I mass produce gems.
    Cut infernos take time to sell though. The thing I love about this is how damn quick those metas sell, like within 15 minutes. All I do is spam trade with WTS SHADOWSPIRIT DIAMOND x 300 ON AH, ALMOST HALF THE PRICE OF ANYONE ELSE. Soon my chatbox is flooded with "a buyer has been found"
    Last edited by Genooo; 2012-06-04 at 07:24 PM.

http://i49.tinypic.com/2uz4gg7.jpg

Welcome to the AH, you must be new?

and put them on the AH for FAR lower than market value (so they sell quickly)
    Don't do that. This is wow, not real life. If someone needs something, they are going to buy it regardless of price (barring that its not 500% market value). No one shops for sales on the AH, you are just making yourself lose out on profit. Undercut by 1c always, unless its ridiculously over market price

Quote Originally Posted by Krowz View Post
    Don't do that. This is wow, not real life. If someone needs something, they are going to buy it regardless of price (barring that its not 500% market value). No one shops for sales on the AH, you are just making yourself lose out on profit. Undercut by 1c always, unless its ridiculously over market price
    Read my last post. If I sell them at market price, I get undercut and they take forever to sell. With my super undercutting, they sell fast as hell.

I've made over 60k in the past week. Ever since I started WoW in vanilla I've had shit luck with money, feels good to finally hit the economic jackpot.

---------- Post added 2012-06-04 at 07:22 PM ----------

Cut infernos take time to sell though. The thing I love about this is how damn quick those metas sell, like within 15 minutes. All I do is spam trade with WTS SHADOWSPIRIT DIAMOND x 300 ON AH, ALMOST HALF THE PRICE OF ANYONE ELSE. Soon my chatbox is flooded with "a buyer has been found"
    Well ifyour on a high pop server that'll work, but I'm on a low pop one so yeah meta's don't sell nearly as well as cut infernos. Between horde and alliance I sell around 50 a day at 100+g each. And with prospecting on 2 toons it takes maybe 30 minutes to make 50 reds (from prospecting and taking carneliance to transmute into infero rubys).

Read my last post. If I sell them at market price, I get undercut and they take forever to sell. With my super undercutting, they sell fast as hell.
    The people who buy your 'super undercut' items are just going to flip them and make more gold off you. Undercutting and getting undercut is part of the AH, post for 12 hours, check every so often like between instances, use an add-on to make it easier like Auctionator or auctioneer or both. You will make more gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Krowz View Post
    The people who buy your 'super undercut' items are just going to flip them and make more gold off you. Undercutting and getting undercut is part of the AH, post for 12 hours, check every so often like between instances, use an add-on to make it easier like Auctionator or auctioneer or both. You will make more gold.
    So what if others make money off of me? Good for them, they'll keep the market price up so I can continue profiting.

So what if others make money off of me? Good for them, they'll keep the market price up so I can continue profiting.
    /facepalm
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahippo View Post
    We are gunna use some dust brown to paint some happy little tornados here, and one more here. Then we are going to use some white to paint happy little wind blasts here. Just dab the brush along the base of al akir, and there you have it. THE GAYEST FIGHT EVER

That's not how it works...

If you want to make less gold, then continue what you are doing. But I promise you'll make more by 1c undercuts and paying attention to the listings. Requires more effort on your part, but you will make noticeably more profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciah View Post
    /facepalm
    What? I don't care what other people make, I only care about my profit. And if other people profit off of my profiting, then... win-win?

lol when everyone one your server starts doing this and undercuts you. honestly, i thought the cheap ore> green gems>epic/meta gems was the standard money maker for many people since wrath...my server has always done this anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    It works so well because lazy people like myself just get a new piece of gear with 3 red sockets and go to the auction house and buy 3 brilliant inferno rubies for 200-300g each because we don't want to farm our own, have them cut, etc. We just want our gear socketed so we can move on with life.

I don't play the auction house, but just by doing normal stuff I do (dailies, vendoring crap, selling the occasional drop), I make more than enough money to buy all the gems I need and still have my gold supply increase. So yeah, I might grunt when I see those prices of gems creeping over 300g, but I'm still going to buy them. No, I can't afford to drop 10k-20k on pieces of gear on the AH, but why bother? I can get as good or better just by doing basic content.

Enchants, however, I use my own mats and get a guildie to enchant. Get plenty of mats from doing heroics and whatnot, so whenever I need something I definitely use what I have rather than pay 500-1500g for an enchant.

Deleted
    What? I don't care what other people make, I only care about my profit. And if other people profit off of my profiting, then... win-win?
    Oh my god, if you really cared about your profit you would take 5 seconds to post at a 1c undercut - people only care what's at the top of the list when it comes to the auction house, you may as well maximize your profit.