15+ Year Old Account

Buyer Type: The Sad Sap

So if you have made more that a couple dozen transactions of any kind you will notice the type of buyer they are. Some are no-nonsense what's it gonna cost, good, let's get it done buyers. While others are the haggle every last copper, but how about we cut the price a little more if I give you item x'ers. The absolute worst I have found, and they are abundant, is what I refer to as The Sad Sap. I'm sure you have crossed paths and likely didn't complete a transaction with The Sap. These buyers are the the type that won't attempt to haggle your price down, or even really make an offer... No my friends that takes far to much work. Instead you receive a tell asking for the price if not already provided. After answering with the price they respond with the saddest lowball amount you have ever seen. So low that you consider giving them a couple copper in pity. If you are like me, you just move on without another word to The Sap, because as every business man worth his salt knows that time is money.

After a minute or two of silence between The Sap and you, he will likely send you another tell apologizing for the offer and clearly stating that all The Sap has for gold is his offer+not to damn much. Ahhh, now we have found his "haggle" if you could even call it that. I myself would consider it to be a guilt trip to help out a down and out player. Is your heart bleeding for The Sap and his down and out ways? Will you shoot yourself in the foot just to "help" him out? Does helping him spread the Sap virus to you, because you my friend were just conned?

Hell NO, you don't give them an inch. Tell them they are shit-out-of-luck and go back to Scrooge McDuckin' your way through your mountain of gold.

From the thread title I thought the sad sap meant a player that you could rip off.

You seem too emotionally invested in the business of trading. Rule of thumb, don't make any business transaction due to emotional reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    kind of the same but i hate people that whisper you " wow way overpriced for that item no one will ever buy it"

love the one that first tell you off that you will never sell your "shit" for that amount of gold and that your mental for scamming the ah and then turns around trying to haggle with you.....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    You seem too emotionally invested in the business of trading. Rule of thumb, don't make any business transaction due to emotional reasons.
    Where exactly amongst my ramblings of telling the Sap to basically piss off did my post come off as "too emotionally invested"?

10+ Year Old Account
    What exactly is the point of this self-absorbed drivel?
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    What exactly is the point of this self-absorbed drivel?
    Well isn't somebody a big ball of sunshine today.

Quote Originally Posted by Evián View Post
    Where exactly amongst my ramblings of telling the Sap to basically piss off did my post come off as "too emotionally invested"?
    The whole post was emotional rant. Seriously, reread it.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Lol that is kind of funny. Me personally I don't buy shit. Meaning gear and such, I'm from the old school when gold was hard to come by. Pretty much anything over 5k is something I won't have. The rest of my crap I buy from the AH and there is no haggling there. I did give a friend 10k gold when he came back to wow and was poor but I only have about 40k gold. I don't farm, I don't PvE, pretty much it all comes from honor.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    The whole post was emotional rant. Seriously, reread it.
    Seriously.

"I want to make more than this is worth, so I don't suggest a starting point, despite what happens in the real world. Then, I go on the internet and make fun of people who dare ask what I want for something instead of knowing what I wanted to make on it in the first place."