Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Enhancement Soloing WotLK raids.

Hey, I'm just wondering how far other people have got soloing WotLK raids as enhancement shamans.

So far i've defeated (all on 10 man):
    Vault of Archavon - Archavon
    Obsidian Sanctum - Vesperon, Shadron, Tenebron, Sartharion (no drakes up).
    Eye of Eternity - Malygos.
    Naxxramas - Plague Quarter, Arachnid Quarter (except Maexxna, though i've heard its possible with an item that cures poison), Sapphiron, Kel'Thuzad.
    Ulduar - Flame Leviathan, Razorscale, XT-002 Deconstructor, Hodir.

I couldn't beat Patchwerk and Razuvious so i've yet to try the rest of the bosses in Naxx. Could Ankh to get past Razuvious I think though.

So, what have you managed and have you got any tips for those trickier fights?
    Last edited by mmoc1372b6dc4b; 2012-06-03 at 10:35 AM.

Apart from those you've mentioned, I've done:

VoA - Koralon (took loads of attempts and a bit of luck though)
    Sarth + 1
    Naxx - Gothik & 4HM (use invisiblity potion to skip Razuvious), Maexxna (again, took ages and a bit of luck. You need to get out of the stun, be at full health, push her to enrage, blow everything and kill her before the next stun while staying alive through the massive damage).
    Ulduar - Ignis, Kologarn, Mimi to P4 (but you can't get enough DPS on the head to finish it). Council is unbeatable as fusion punch does way too much damage, and while I think Auriaya might be possible, it's frustrating as hell and I gave up. I'd worked out a strat for getting the cats dead without too much trouble, but the sonic screech, adds and fears just made it very hard to overcome. I couldn't get to Freya because it wasn't possible to solo the flower trash packs, and I don't think Thorim is soloable because of mechanics.
    Onyxia - P2 takes ages as you don't have very much time at all to damage her inbetween dealing with adds, the constant stream of whelps, and avoiding deep breaths, but it's not too challenging if you have the gear.

The only one on your list that I've not done is KT; I thought he froze you even if you were there alone?

I'm happy to expand on strats for any of the bosses you've not done if you've not been able to find a way to do them.

Deleted
    Ooh, I completely forgot about invisibility potions, that'll help a lot. I thought Ignis, Kologarn, Auraiya and Koralon did too much damage to outheal, but i'll give them another shot now. Are you killing the adds on Ignis or fighting in the water? What sort of gear and spec do you use? I'm i392 with points in elemental for better interrupts, but I'm considering moving them into resto for better heals. As for KT, I think he might've been the easiest boss i've done xD I let my earth elemental tank the 2 adds in phase 2 and was able to interrupt more than half of his frostbolts. He didn't seem to freeze me or my wolves/elementals

Can't post links yet, but here's my armoury: euDOTbattleDOTnet/wow/en/character/stormreaver/Kourak/advanced, and yeah, the gear does make a huge difference on those fights where you take massive damage. My secondary spec is what I use for soloing, the talents in resto are the only way to survive the damage output of the harder-hitting bosses.

Regarding Ignis, he gets a damage buff for every add that's alive, so you have to aim to kill the adds as soon as possible. As soon as the add has spawned, just stand in the fire (it does very little damage) until it's molten, get it to water instantly without letting it hit you, shatter it, and just repeat that until he's dead. Rotate through defensive CDs whenever he has an add up, because he does noticeably more damage, plus you're getting hit by the add and the fire.

For Kologarn, what will kill you is if you let him cast petrifying breath (wwwDOTwowheadDOTcom/spell=62030), which he only does if no-one is in melee range. Simple enough, however it seems that his melee range is considered shorter than what you'd expect - even though you can hit his body from underneath the arms, his melee range only seems to cover the small semi-circular cut out where he stands. Stand within the area dpsing his body, and just run from one end of the area to the other repeatedly when he uses his eye lasers. You'll get a couple of ticks at each end, but it's not that bad.

Mimron is doable.

Shaman Raid Boss Solo thread

Didn't see one of these in the first 3 or 4 pages of the Shaman Forums, and since I"m an avid solo-er I'd like to know what is Possible at 85- when mop comes I'll update to 90 and add new info. I'm actually going to switch mains from DK back to Shaman come mop. Shaman was my first toon to 60 in nilla and did up to bwl before switching to Mage. Mage till Wotlk- switching to DK. Dk has gotten stale and I want to go back to my roots.

What I/we Know so far (edit on 6/5/2012)

Vanilla:
    MC- 100%
    BWL - Razergore is Iffy because of Mechanics Issue
    AQ20- 100%
    AQ40 - 80%- Cthun and Twin Emps because of Mechanics

BC:
    Kara: 100%
    Mag: 100%
    Gruuls- 100%- Ele and Enhance no problems
    TK: 75%-50%: VR poses a problem do to Silence and Keal is Gear Depende
    SsC: 80-90% Lady Va'j & Karathress because of Mechanics
    BT: 80-90% Certain Mechanics make it impossible- Reliquary of Souls
    Hijal: Unknown at this time

Warth:
    Nax: 50-100%- somefights like Raz or Patchwork will be impossible or Close to it because of damage or mechanics
    Maly: 50%- 10man do-able
    Ony: 50% - 10man do-able
    Uld: Unknown
    VOA:25% only Archavon
    ICC: Unkown (forgot the name of it)

Cata:
    Dungeons: Stonecore + Vortex pinicale Normal: Mount runs.
    Raids:0% at this time- DK/Hunters have been able to do Omnitron and a very skilled druid was able to do Ala.. giant firebird at one point.
    Last edited by Ichy; 2012-06-25 at 03:47 AM.

Mmm... Well there's alot of stuff that's soloable. I'd imagine everything in Vanilla and TBC is soloable except for a few exceptions where mechanics mess you up.
    Like Warlord Naj'entus in Black Temple, or the Twin Emperors in AQ40.
    Asides from that i imagine Enhance being able to blast through most bosses. We got a decent amount of self healing and damage and we can even cc a little bit.
    You can bring most bosses down if you put in the time to devise a proper strategy i'd imagine. Look at some of the funky kills some people have gotten. Think i saw a Shaman a while back that even got Illidan. Killed Shadow Demon with Wolves iirc.

Deleted
    Adding to the list, from ele pov:
    Gruul: doable, HkM: just pop both elemetals+bl and burn down the adds
    Maggy: 100%
    SSC: Karathress not doable, because of bolt thingy
    Hyjal: 100% quite easy
    Maly(10): doable, (25) no way
    Ony(10): doable, (25) no way
    AC: 25% only Archavon; heard of enhac, who did kora
    TK: VR not doable as ele, cause of silence, easy as enhac
    Also Stonecore+Vortex Pinnacle nhc for the mounts
    Last edited by mmoc6e62bf1f62; 2012-06-04 at 11:30 PM.

Adding to the list as enhancement

Gruul: 100%. For High King Maulgar, I popped Wolves, lust and earth elemental totem and zerged down the healer first and then the lock. Next the other 2 adds and the boss last.
    Kara and Magtheridon should be on the list as well though neither should pose a problem.
    TK can be done completely but you need decent gear for Kael.

@urs: you should be able to do void reaver as elemental with the weapon from Kael that prevents silences but you'll need to be fast because it despawns.

Not a raid but normal stonecore for the mount is soloable as welm. VP should be doable as well but haven't tried that yet.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Malygos and Marrowgar (first boss of ICC) are doable as ele on 10m. Malygos just with a shield and self-healing/damage reduction talents from resto, Marrowgar with significant kiting.

Tried Yogg for a bit, didn't have much luck. Probably doable, but not in 1 night of tries and I haven't bothered to re-try. I barely play that shaman.

Adding lots to the list here.

SSC: Karathress is possible with a very specific strategy that I discovered. For Vashj, I can easily reach p3 with 50ish stacks, but the damage is too high. Not entirely impossible IMO.

@Takolin: Void Reaver is easy as enhancement. If you kite him around, there are small "holes" where you are not silenced.

Ulduar: This gets interesting. So far, I'm 10/13NM, still have Council, Thorim and Yogg to go. I got thorim down to 7% (You're forced to pull him in HM if you're solo), would likely be possible with full heroic gear. Never tried Yogg, but i can see it being possible. Gotta down Thorim first though.

OS: Easy in 10-man. Earth elemental can tank the third drake as you go in the portal.

Edit: I'd like to start a discussion here so that we can help each other down new bosses. I for one, would like to talk about Thorim and Vashj, as i believe they both are doable in Cata. If you need advice for any of the bosses, we could use this thread for that purpose.
    Last edited by sarasun; 2012-06-24 at 04:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
    Didn't see one of these in the first 3 or 4 pages of the Shaman Forums, and since I"m an avid solo-er I'd like to know what is Possible at 85- when mop comes I'll update to 90 and add new info. I'm actually going to switch mains from DK back to Shaman come mop. Shaman was my first toon to 60 in nilla and did up to bwl before switching to Mage. Mage till Wotlk- switching to DK. Dk has gotten stale and I want to go back to my roots.

What I/we Know so far (edit on 6/5/2012)

Vanilla:
    MC- 100%
    BWL - Razergore is Iffy because of Mechanics Issue
    AQ20- 100%
    AQ40 - 80%- Cthun and Twin Emps because of Mechanics

BC:
    Kara: 100%
    Mag: 100%
    Gruuls- 100%- Ele and Enhance no problems
    TK: 75%-50%: VR poses a problem do to Silence and Keal is Gear Depende
    SsC: 80-90% Lady Va'j & Karathress because of Mechanics
    BT: 100% According to Tides

Warth:
    Nax: 50-100%- somefights like Raz or Patchwork will be impossible or Close to it because of damage or mechanics
    Maly: 50%- 10man do-able
    Ony: 50% - 10man do-able
    Uld: Unknown
    VOA:25% only Archavon
    ICC: Unkown (forgot the name of it)

Cata:
    Dungeons: Stonecore + Vortex pinicale Normal: Mount runs.
    Raids:0% at this time- DK/Hunters have been able to do Omnitron and a very skilled druid was able to do Ala.. giant firebird at one point.
    Ok, i kinda disagree with bt being 100% soloable, sure maybe 80-90% but the reliquary of souls Ive never managed to find a way to solo, ofc unless u have a perma pet to get the faces to run off to.
    Just to add to your list, alastrazor hc has been soloed by a shadow priest. Only class i cud think wud be able to do it because of huge dps requirement and they need alot of healing to kill the boss too.

Quote Originally Posted by delaxes View Post
    Ok, i kinda disagree with bt being 100% soloable, sure maybe 80-90% but the reliquary of souls Ive never managed to find a way to solo, ofc unless u have a perma pet to get the faces to run off to.
    Just to add to your list, alastrazor hc has been soloed by a shadow priest. Only class i cud think wud be able to do it because of huge dps requirement and they need alot of healing to kill the boss too.
    This thread is about shaman soloing -_-, read the title
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sarasun View Post
    Yes, although he has a point, so far I know, only full uptime pet classes have been able to solo Reliquary of Souls.
    I don't see BT being solo'd by a shaman as of now.

I'm quite sure most of Cata 5 man heroics are easily soloable with decent gear as Enha thanks to wolf taunt, there might be some exceptions due to mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by sarasun View Post
    I know but if you read the thread he mentioned a druid soloing aly so i was just mentioning it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
    100% easily doable, as Enhance atleast

SSC: Karathress is possible with a very specific strategy that I discovered.
    Care to share?

Quote Originally Posted by Weerra View Post
    Care to share?
    I discovered after a bunch of wipes that the tornado CAN aggro on your elementals, and leave you alone. What i do is leave earth elemental to tank all adds but the healer, burst down the healer (who also summons the tornado) using fire elemental on him and interrupting his heals. Hopefully, the tornado will go on your FE. Do not use any cooldown yet, the damage shouldnt be too high. Focus your EE and throw him some heals if needed. Make sure you don't use stoneclaw yet as it removes your earth ele (lol i do that way too much)

Once he is dead, back off far from the tornado, and remove both elementals. The fight is much simpler here, but the damage is high. Start off by killing hunter pets, then the caster boss, then hunter boss and finally Karathress herself. You will need to rotate cooldowns very well if you're to survive.

1: Shamanistic rage + Gift of the Naaru
    2: Wolves
    3: Heroism (use your tolvir pot here) + Shamanistic rage when it's back up

Hopefully after that only the boss is left, which is very easy.

MANDATORY: Focused insight spec, all consumables available, 395ish Ilevel

Edit: Don't use a flask. You will need a prismatic elixir to reduce the shadow damage from the bolt. Prismatic + Master elixirs

First boss of BT wasn't immediately solo for me. My ilvl is 389 as enhance. I only tried once before I realized that I couldn't break the shield solo. Has anybody else actually done him solo to open the rest of BT or just duo'd for the sake of getting to the other bosses?