Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Man, you guys are crazy. Never thought a shaman would be able to do some of these.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSA View Post
    Man, you guys are crazy. Never thought a shaman would be able to do some of these.
    TBH Shaman soloing is very underestimated. It's hard though because you have to figure out everything by yourself, since there are no videos or guides around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Ah, totally missed it the first time I was reading through the thread. Can't wait to try out the strat tomorrow!

But agreed, Shaman soloing is very fun and for the most part, pretty viable. With our Maelstrom Weapon mechanic, I'm really surpised that there aren't as many enhance soloers out there, at least on youtube.

Decided I'd try to solo a few raids, something I've never done before. Also leveled a free trial acc to lvl 10 so I don't have to bother other people to group with me.

I did:

- Hyjal, trying to get the Claws. I had never stepped into Hyjal till this lol, the raid is pretty cool and brings back memories. I started playing by the end of BC and my pc couldn't handle 25 man raids (I attempted Gruul once) so I was limited to KZ and ZA. Made almost 2k gold, no joke.
    - Malygos.
    - The Eye. Everything was simple, made about 1k gold. I almost killed myself when Kael mind controlled me in my first attempt, I stopped using Earth totems for my next try and it was ok. Very annoying to solo, the fight takes a while with the amount of walking involved, but easy nonetheless.
    - Attempted 3D Sarth, because I desperately need a different mount on this toon (stuck with the anual pass one). Got him to 30% at my best attempt =(. Not sure I can do it, I spec for as much dps as possible, used pre pots, went to AV to get all buffs, etc, and there's not much room for improvement, you just need to dish insane dps.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

Something I haven't seen in this thread yet is Sarth 25 (+0). Solo'd this yesterday, cleared the trash and mini bosses as well, including Shadron (which is a little bit of a dps race). Black temple cleared 8/9, Reliquary of Souls was just impossible. Naxx 13/15, just Patchwerk and Razuvious too hard atm. What finally wasn't mentioned so far is Lady Deathwhisper in 10 man ICC, it's pretty easy. Gunship and Saurfang impossible cause of mechanics though, didn't try more yet.

I'm curious if anyone has solo'd the Mu'ru/Entropius fight in SWP? Got him to the Entropius part, but didn't spend that much time on it.

Also, Northrend Beasts in TotC 10? Got Gormok down, but then I'm lacking cd's for the worms it seems.

Finally, thanks to the person mentioning Focused Insight, overlooked this talent for some reason so far!
    Last edited by Shammywan; 2012-07-06 at 11:02 AM.

<Mod Note> - I've merged the Enhance WotLK Solo Thread into Shaman Raid Boss Solo thread since they're both active and dealing with the same subject

I'm not sure if someone mentioned it, but Naj'entus is also soloable without any gimmicks or pets.

You "just" need to burst him down *cough* Tarecgosa probably required *cough*
    I remember an elemental shaman posting that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shammywan View Post
    Also, Northrend Beasts in TotC 10? Got Gormok down, but then I'm lacking cd's for the worms it seems.
    I don't think that will be possible before MoP. You have to use to many CDs on Gormok to be able to survive the worms after.

---------- Post added 2012-07-06 at 12:38 PM ----------

If I recap what everyone has been able to down yet:

Molten Core : Cleared
    AQ40: All but Twin Emps

Karazhan: Cleared
    Magtheridon's Lair: Cleared
    Gruul's Lair: Cleared
    SSC: All but Vashj
    TK: Cleared
    Hyjal: Cleared
    BT: All but Reliquary
    SWP: Felmyst, Sacrolash & Alythess, Kil'Jaeden

OS10/25 : Cleared
    Malygos 10: Cleared
    Naxx10: All but Razuvious and Patchwerk
    Naxx25: Sapphiron
    VoA10: Archavon, Koralon, Emalon
    Uld10: All but Council and Algalon
    ToC10: Jaraxxus, Faction Champions
    ICC10: First two bosses, Rotface

If I forgot something, point it out!

If the OP could write this in his post it would be great, but I think he's not active anymore.
    Last edited by sarasun; 2012-07-13 at 05:05 PM.
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

You can add a few more. Today I killed Rotface 10 man normal, and yesterday Lord Jaraxxus and Faction Champions, both on 10 man normal as well. Another boss that seemed possible was the Twin Val'kyr, but it seemed to depend a bit on luck with which special things you get, and that you don't get melee'd too much during the shield phases by the other twin. Didn't try for long, though.

From what I read, one enhancement shaman has killed Viscidus by using frostbrand daggers, and then switching to windfury and blowing all cds after to shatter it. Not tried myself yet though.

edit: Forgot Sunwell Plateau, solo'd Felmyst, Sacrolash & Alythess and Kil'jaeden there.

Ow and I see you typed Naxx instead of ICC

edit 2: C'Thun has probably not been solo'd yet, unless I missed it, and you don't have VoA in the list yet, Archavon there has been solo'd and I've read somewhere that a shaman got Koralon down as well. Also Onyxia's Lair not in the list yet, it's easy to solo as well.
    Last edited by Shammywan; 2012-07-06 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shammywan View Post
    You can add a few more. Today I killed Rotface 10 man normal, and yesterday Lord Jaraxxus and Faction Champions, both on 10 man normal as well. Another boss that seemed possible was the Twin Val'kyr, but it seemed to depend a bit on luck with which special things you get, and that you don't get melee'd too much during the shield phases by the other twin. Didn't try for long, though.

From what I read, one enhancement shaman has killed Viscidus by using frostbrand daggers, and then switching to windfury and blowing all cds after to shatter it. Not tried myself yet though.

edit: Forgot Sunwell Plateau, solo'd Felmyst, Sacrolash & Alythess and Kil'jaeden there.

Ow and I see you typed Naxx instead of ICC

edit 2: C'Thun has probably not been solo'd yet, unless I missed it, and you don't have VoA in the list yet, Archavon there has been solo'd and I've read somewhere that a shaman got Koralon down as well. Also Onyxia's Lair not in the list yet, it's easy to solo as well.
    Thanks! C'thun is insanely easy to solo if yo don't kill tentacles. Takes 1+ hour though. i'll update it

Just another to add to the list since i dont think Ive seen people here say it already,
    I soloed sapphiron 25man from naxx today. 10 man is a joke but 25man can actually be a bit tricky

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    Decided I'd try to solo a few raids, something I've never done before. Also leveled a free trial acc to lvl 10 so I don't have to bother other people to group with me.
    I thought trial accounts didn't allow you to invite ppl to a group or join a group with toons over 20?

The most undervalued part of a Shaman's repertoire for soloing is their Elementals. I guess I shouldn't say undervalued, people know how good they are, but they give us options some other classes have no chance at. Like soloing Illidan is extremely easy compared to any other class because you can plop your Earth Elemental right on one of the glaives and not have to worry about it enraging (I've found it to be much harder on my Rogue.) I find a lot of it has to do with gear and practice.
    "Knock the world right off it's feet, and straight onto it's head."

http://http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Elargee/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Staticus View Post
    I thought trial accounts didn't allow you to invite ppl to a group or join a group with toons over 20?
    Nope. The char doesn't even need to be level 10. The one I use is level 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seen alot of mages solo alastrazor!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascendant View Post
    TK 100%, I've soloed the whole place as enhance several times, Loot Reaver can only be an issue if you're unlucky with timings and have really bad gear. Kael'thas can be a bit off a pain in the ass due to various mechanics, I recommend using a PVP trinket for this encounter, it's especially useful on conflag in p1+3 and disorient in p4.
    Don't use your wolves in p4, if they (or your totems for that matter) resist the disorient (yes totems can resist that and pull aggro) you will get Mc'd and the fight resets. It's extremely frustrating to have that happen but luckily it doesn't happen very often.
    I guess doing p4 totemless is possible but it's going to take a little longer.
    Though personally I want to get p4 over with as quickly as possible since it's in my opinion the hardest phase as Enhancement.
    I finally killed him tonight, and found I could exit p4 without him pyro-ing if I chanced it with the totems down (hero at the start and trinket the 1st disorient). At this gear lvl I didn't need Ragewyn's method, sticking Capernian near the door and the others at the diagonally opposite corner was sufficient. Made p3 a bit trickier (run away from Thaladred after you kill Capernian/Telonicus until the remote toy wears off), but p4 so much easier (no time lost waiting for him to reach Al'ar's room, hence no pyro).

Quote Originally Posted by thegempolice View Post
    Nope. The char doesn't even need to be level 10. The one I use is level 1.
    It does need to be level 10 to convert the group to a raid, but otherwise it works fine.
    Last edited by mmoc33659a5ac3; 2012-07-08 at 11:42 PM.

I finally killed him tonight, and found I could exit p4 without him pyro-ing if I chanced it with the totems down (hero at the start and trinket the 1st disorient). At this gear lvl I didn't need Ragewyn's method, sticking Capernian near the door and the others at the diagonally opposite corner was sufficient. Made p3 a bit trickier (run away from Thaladred after you kill Capernian/Telonicus until the remote toy wears off), but p4 so much easier (no time lost waiting for him to reach Al'ar's room, hence no pyro).
    Don't really see the point though because pyros hit for like 40k with shamanistic rage on.

Deleted
    It does need to be level 10 to convert the group to a raid, but otherwise it works fine.
    Actually it doesn't. Taken from the hunter solo thread:

Quote Originally Posted by megabeat View Post
    FYI,

Use this macro for lvl 1 trial alts to make them ablo to join raids

/run SetAllowLowLevelRaid(true)

So you dont have to lvl them up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sarasun View Post
    I don't think that will be possible before MoP. You have to use to many CDs on Gormok to be able to survive the worms after.

---------- Post added 2012-07-06 at 12:38 PM ----------

If I recap what everyone has been able to down yet:

Molten Core : Cleared
    AQ40: All but Viscidus and Twin Emps

Karazhan: Cleared
    Magtheridon's Lair: Cleared
    Gruul's Lair: Cleared
    SSC: All but Vashj
    TK: Cleared
    Hyjal: Cleared
    BT: All but Reliquary
    SWP: Felmyst, Sacrolash & Alythess, Kil'Jaeden

OS10/25 : Cleared
    Malygos 10: Cleared
    Naxx10: All but Razuvious and Patchwerk
    Naxx25: Sapphiron
    VoA10: Archavon, Koralon(?)
    Uld10: All but Council, Thorim, Yogg and Algalon
    ToC10: Jaraxxus, Faction Champions
    ICC10: First two bosses, Rotface

If I forgot something, point it out!

If the OP could write this in his post it would be great, but I think he's not active anymore.
    Hi !

Yogg 10 with 4 keeper is soloable, and indeed fairly easy in terms of stuff : i have done it some months ago, ilv390 if i remember correctly

video :

edit : cannot post link yet ... youtube dot com/watch?v=zhn2Xi5iKxQ or search "yogg'saron solo-enhancement shaman"

requires a bit of luck with the debuffs in phase 1, wich can be very frustrating ... bad gameplay on this video i know, cause i was bored at first and thought it would be another wipe ...

surely doable with 3 keepers, but I have not found the motivation to return since this kill

And sorry for the horrible language - i'm french !