Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    25? Probably nothing except Flame Leviathan. Bosses have way too much hp and too much damage. Don't think I've heard of anyone soloing many 25 man bosses yet.

Edit: Only occured to me after I typed that that you may have meant in mists. Can't give an estimate yet as things are still being shaken up a bit to even try, not to mention I can't seem to access the PvP gear vendors or anything on the Beta atm.

I was indeed referring to MoP.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    I was indeed referring to MoP.
    I would wait and see on the mists side of things as far as soloing goes. As I said, things are still being shaken up, everytime they deploy a new build they could be changing something drastically (just look at CotE talent and the removal of its effects on MTT and such for resto). It's definitely looking brighter for enh solo'ers in mists, but 25 man ulduar still may be a stretch.

Deleted
    Not a raid as such, but they certainly have the same kind of difficulty: I cleared Grim Batol tonight (the rest I did at ilvl 392 a few months back), and all bosses except the 2nd require Thorim-level gear plus the raid-buff substitutes - Umbriss is a straight zerg and is the hardest (again got a double KO), Throngus I did at ilvl 392, Dragha requires CD timing with the fire adds hitting you (though you can kite them for a bit and it is possible to burst them on the edge of melee range without them exploding), and Erudax hits hard and needs luck as well as CD timing. So that means all the Cata normals are doable except for Halls of Origination (which is impossible due to the water guardian spamming the indefinite stun bubble on you).

As for Yogg...well, I dunno how the guy managed to do it but it seems impossible to get into the 1st brain portal without enough health, mana, sanity and full control of your character.

Quote Originally Posted by Staticus View Post
    As for Yogg...well, I dunno how the guy managed to do it but it seems impossible to get into the 1st brain portal without enough health, mana, sanity and full control of your character.
    Luck, Shamanistic Rage glyph. Pretty much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Kael'thas (TK) solo as Elemental

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbL-SwsQWK8

"legit", without using the whole instance and in my opinion a bit faster. Ilvl is about 400. Farming him since a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    Kael'thas (TK) solo as Elemental

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbL-SwsQWK8

"legit", without using the whole instance and in my opinion a bit faster. Ilvl is about 400. Farming him since a few months.
    Nice kill, but you know that using a PVP trinket would allow you to use your high level staff for your whole BL? Would help making P4 faster

(Use the legen staff for the first few seconds, swap to high lvl, BL, trinket the next conflag)
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    Any estimation on how much we'll be able to solo of Ulduar 25? I'm planning to get the legendary and it would be great if we could solo most of it.
    Just dinged 90 on my ele shaman in MOP beta, had ~369k hp with full free PVP gear (and a plain 450 trink/ring), no gems / chants at all. Maybe ilevel 478-ish neighborhood.

Solo'd OS10 3D, took about 5 or 6 tries. Gotta beat the 3rd drake down or Astral Shift (not off the GCD), so overall dps of about 62k hero + ascendance + fire elemental. Feels like Healing Tide Totem is off the GCD, not much else is. Will go see what I can do on ulduar 25 on wednesday. Kinda don't want to sully this up with beta though.
    Last edited by Sparkalark; 2012-07-17 at 03:37 PM.

Deleted
    Got Maexxna down just now with a straight zerg, with neat FS/LL spread timing when the first wave of adds came (bad timing on this probably cost me on the previous try which was a 120k wipe). Used Rage at the start (so it was up at the end during the enrage) and blew everything else after the stun, except for the agi pot which I took at the enrage (far more effective there with the increased dodge chance). Actually survived with ~80k hp (out of 173.7k with drums/runescroll), but I was probably quite lucky with dodges. (and ofc the heroic vial I got last night for full BiS helped too, which also made it possible for me to zerg Naj'entus in 52 secs last night)

Sarth+1 is easy if you leave Vesperon up, as I could kill him before he landed. Had a few goes at +2, but all failed due to Tenebron's enrage (zerg attempt) or the whelps coming out of the portal (normal attempt).

I don't think Yogg is going anywhere though, due to issues within the brain (choice of room, broken targetting) as well as outside of it.

Patchwerk should be doable at lvl 90 (7-8k melee with 11-12k hatefuls but very fast swings), got him to 47% on a single pull w/o buffs. Razuvious I'm not sure about (40k melee with 100k specials), but I thought I'd pull each one once just to see.
    Last edited by mmoc33659a5ac3; 2012-07-19 at 08:08 PM.

Got Maexxna down just now
    Maexxna was fairly easy with some poison cures you got from UBRS (or lower, can't remember). Without her poison this fight is very easy.

Deleted
    Do you mean the cure for the spider poison in LBRS? (the one that used to have a quest attached to it)

Do you mean the cure for the spider poison in LBRS? (the one that used to have a quest attached to it)
    Pretty sure it's that one. I never used it myself but saw it in a video. Immature venom sac

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5taecqWsnMc

Deleted
    Onyxia down...as someone said before p2 takes ages, but once you've killed the initial wave of adds it's fairly manageable (lightning shield is what gets you through, plus the odd cast). The start of p3 is tricky if you have a bunch of adds up, but as long as you pop CD's (for survivability) and kill the big one it should be ok. (I ignored the whelps, fight took me 16 mins in total)

Tried heroic SFK and gave up on the 2nd boss (healing debuff). Together with the trash hitting like a truck (8k/15k/23k depending on size which guarantees a wipe on packs of 3 or more), it means the heroics are definitely not soloable until lvl 90.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6147286884#9:

In general, enemies in raids and dungeons drop significantly more gold than outdoor foes, specifically because we are assuming that the gold is going to be split 5, 10, or 25 ways. As player power rises over time, it obviously becomes possible to complete old content with significantly fewer players, such that the gold rewards become disproportionately high.

In the past, our only solution was to drastically reduce the gold dropped by legacy content across the board (e.g., Magtheridon, much of Karazhan, etc.). In Mists, we have a new system in place that normalizes gold yield based on the number of players involved in the kill. If a Black Temple enemy drops 100 gold today on live, and you kill it with a 25-player raid group in Mists, it'll also drop 100 gold and each player will get 4 gold. If you solo Black Temple, that enemy will also give you 4 gold. If you do it with 4 friends, it'll drop 20 gold and each of you will get 4.

In other words, the gold obtained from killing raid or dungeon creatures no longer depends upon how many people you bring, or do not bring, with you. This system does not apply to anything in the outdoor world.
    Please, please go on that forum thread if you're in NA and contest this. It might be the dumbest thing they tried to do for MoP. If that goes live, I'll HATE having to get my gold for enchants/gems/whatever from farming, dailies or AH. This is a huge slap in the face :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarasun View Post
    Please, please go on that forum thread if you're in NA and contest this. It might be the dumbest thing they tried to do for MoP. If that goes live, I'll HATE having to get my gold for enchants/gems/whatever from farming, dailies or AH. This is a huge slap in the face :/
    Honestly, there are plenty of ways to make money in the game that are vastly more efficient than soloing old content for gold drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Honestly, there are plenty of ways to make money in the game that are vastly more efficient than soloing old content for gold drops.
    There are. But none of them are interesting to me. I started to solo old raids in 4.3 and before that, I NEVER had over 10k gold. (aside from that one time I farmed FL trash lol).

I can see where they're going with that nerf, since with MOP it will be incredibly fast and easy to get this gold, but I think the nerf was overdone. 96% nerf for 25-mans raids is..eh

Deleted
    Sounds like they want to force soloists into doing dailies instead...they should just let us choose between them (as I'm sure doing a ton of dailies will take a similar amount of time as soloing TBC/WotLK raids)

Deleted
    lana'thel (10 nm) seems absolutely doable with the ankh trick, dying just before the mc happens & repulling her immediatly ... but she tends to crit me just when I ankh ! >.< i'll second sarasun on the fact that a crit immunity capacity would be a blessing ...

Tested with another strategy to avoid being bitten, taking 2 of my characters (on the same account) in the room, pulling with one and immediatly switching on my sham, but it take away 30 - 40 sec of the enrage, wiped at <10% (focused insight spec)

After half a day of try (damn ankh cooldown) I ended up killing it with another character, to be able to work on lich king with my drood, no chance with sham sadly
    Last edited by mmoc845d3b4f34; 2012-07-26 at 10:10 AM.

Deleted
    Thanks ! This also allow me to work on lich king without the hassle of leveling engineer

And oops, taking, not tanking of course

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Soloing old school raids are also a brilliant way to get got my mind on my money.