Thread: Wizard dps

Deleted

Wizard dps

Ok that's the problem: I see on many forums that when ppl start inferno mode, they can pull 30-40 and 50k dps. WTF guys??? I am lvl 54 atm and still running on hell mode, but I am far away from this numbers. My health is 18k and I can pull only 3,7k dps with 2h weapon. If I switch, I'll go under. So? What is wrong?

Deleted
    Gear, plain and simple.

once you are lvl 60 go to AH and buy 700dps 1h for 20k and 50-200 source for another 20k, use magic weapon and glass cannon skills and you are sitting on 25-30k deeeps

you can do act1 and most of act2 without resist all gear, just buy cheap high intel+vital items

Quote Originally Posted by kargarias View Post
    Ok that's the problem: I see on many forums that when ppl start inferno mode, they can pull 30-40 and 50k dps. WTF guys??? I am lvl 54 atm and still running on hell mode, but I am far away from this numbers. My health is 18k and I can pull only 3,7k dps with 2h weapon. If I switch, I'll go under. So? What is wrong?
    Farm farm farm farm. It's the only way. Some peopl might have gotten lucky on drops, or on AH sells so they could buy better gear.
    The item quality between level 54 and level60 can be miles apart.

When I reached inferno I had about 1500-2000 dps as a Barb, and I got slaughtered. After I farmed some gear and cash in Hell act 3/4 I got miles better gear. I'm now at around 15k dps with 35k health, 5k armor and 300 physical resist (50% dmg reduction on lvl60).
    Besides, farming at level 60 with the Nephalem buff will get you tons of good drops and money.

So my advice to you is:
    - Keep an eye on the AH, do some low cash bids and hope you win a cheap item that others have overlooked
    - Get 60 asap
    - Farm Hell with Nephalem buff
    - Group up. This usually means faster kills, plus a higher chance of getting items, because each players gets their own loot.

Good luck!
    Originally Posted by Vaneras
    Soon™ ;-)
    https://api.lootbox.eu/pc/eu/Xni-230.../signature.png

Well I did Inferno Act 1 with 10 k dps and it wasn't that hard (wasn't specced for Glass Cannon / Magic weapon tho)

Now starting Act 2 with 18 k dps (pretty much just from respeccing to those two and a couple AH purchases) and so far so good going with hydra + blizzard kiting.

I doubt that many people _start_ inferno at 30 k dps :P Get there shortly, maybe. Or maybe they're just better at the AH than I am, haven't ran across 700 k dps 1-h weps for 20 k for sure QQ.

I farmed Hell Act 4 once, and Inferno Act 1 once. So it doesn't take that much grinding... so far...

10+ Year Old Account
    Get more dps, that's the most important thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Beat Inferno Belial with only 18k DPS, don't worry too much about it. Try to get more DPS but you don't NEED 30k+ to get through Inferno, it just makes it easier.

Deleted
    There is a massive difference between hell DPS and inferno DPS, and also a massive DPS between the DPS needed to start killing in inferno and to start Act 2/3/onwards/make zerg runs.

At 60 I went into inferno as a wizard with around 10-15k DPS and no resists at all and it was tough but I killed stuff and got money/gear to upgrade. Your weapon should probably be the first thing to upgrade and you'll be AMAZED how much difference it makes.

I don't think I got over 25k DPS at all the first time I beat inferno Act 1. You're always going to have low stats in the 50s compared to 60 also, a lot of the best gear in the game is available at level 60.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kargarias View Post
    So? What is wrong?
    ... nothing? You said it yourself, you're not on Infenro so don't worry about having Inferno gear and stats.

Besides, Act 1 Inferno is doable with 10-15k which you will easily get upon hitting 60. You certainly don't need 50k until Acts 3/4 and you're a looooong way away from that.

Just make sure to save up gold for level 60 purchases.