Final tweaks for build?

Hello everyone, I'm almost done with my build I just need a few advices on anything that I can change in this build

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($169.99 @ Microcenter)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus CPU Cooler ($22.99 @ NCIX US) already bought
    Motherboard: Asus SABERTOOTH Z77 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($234.88 @ NCIX US)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($52.99 @ NCIX US)
    Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($67.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Hard Drive: Crucial M4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($116.00 @ B&H) already bought
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Video Card ($479.99 @ Newegg) already bought
    Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I ATX Full Tower Case ($128.21 @ NCIX US) already bought
    Power Supply: Corsair HX750W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($124.99 @ Newegg) already bought
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS524-06 DVD/CD Writer ($21.98 @ Newegg)
    Monitor: ViewSonic VX2453mh-LED 24.0" Monitor ($195.99 @ Mac Connection)
    Total: $1616.00
    (Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-06-05 07:57 EDT-0400)
    Last edited by Tuma; 2012-06-05 at 12:05 PM.

Deleted
    you dont want an IB cpu?

Quote Originally Posted by mmocomment View Post
    you dont want an IB cpu?
    Not much difference from Sandy Bridge plus IB runs hotter and I live in hot climate so I prefer to go with SB

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    Looks like a good build.

I would however suggest one small change. The RAM you have selected is a higher profile and can be a pain with installing the CPUHS.

Two suggestions for low profile are G.Skill Ares or Mushkin Blackline. The other advantage of one of these is that they would be a bit cheaper also.

Also, would you really need all of the features on the Sabertooth? If not, you can save ~$80 and go with the ASRock Z77 Extreme 4.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Idrinkwhiterussians View Post
    Looks like a good build.

I would however suggest one small change. The RAM you have selected is a higher profile and can be a pain with installing the CPUHS.

Two suggestions for low profile are G.Skill Ares or Mushkin Blackline. The other advantage of one of these is that they would be a bit cheaper also.

Also, would you really need all of the features on the Sabertooth? If not, you can save ~$80 and go with the ASRock Z77 Extreme 4.
    Going to mirror what Russian said. The Sabertooth offers no gaming performance and cheaper motherboards have plenty features for the average gamer.

For RAM, you could also look at the Gskill Sniper series as well as the two Russian said above.

Quote Originally Posted by hapylol View Post
    Going to mirror what Russian said. The Sabertooth offers no gaming performance and cheaper motherboards have plenty features for the average gamer.

For RAM, you could also look at the Gskill Sniper series as well as the two Russian said above.
    Actually it's a low profile corsair vengeance, I guess I chose the wrong RAM lol

As for the motherboard, is Gigabyte ZA-Z77X-UD5H as good as ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 for gaming?