Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    Because crap literally hits for trucktons of damage in Inferno if you have no decent gear, so resist all is there to lessen the blows. Not to mention, arcane sentries hit freaking hard even on normal.
    I now elect trucktons my new favourite word ever

Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    I now elect trucktons my new favourite word ever
    I prefer defenestrate

But uh, yeah. Resist's very good for survivability, as a bunch of people've pointed out already.

Quote Originally Posted by hapylol View Post
    This is so false. I just pleveled a barb with friends(8 hours to 60), spent 5.6 mil on the AH, and had enough gear to tank act3 skipping act1/2. I don't completely dominate the mobs like in act1, but I can take a beating for a good 10 seconds. You probably don't stack enough LOH to survive.

Would the legendaries you listed help? Yes. Are they necessary to successfully tank mobs? No.
    For starters, I don't need to stack anything more to survive, because I'm doing just fine farming whimsyshire on my Demon Hunter, which is my main. And second, yes, Act 3 is totally possible without legendaries. But if someone is having issues, a string of ears is the quickest way to fix that. Act 4 is quite a bit tougher though, and if you recall I mentioned that in my post as well. That is the gear someone should be shooting for if they want to progress though. I was just trying to be helpful.

And yes, while life on hit caps at around 900, it's completely possible to get a 900+ life on hit weapon with a socket. Meaning you can get a max of about 1500 life on hit on your weapon assuming a Radiant Star Amethyst.

Resist all includes your Physical Resist, which is used to reduce the damage of white swings. Knowing this, Resist All is a catch-all defensive stat much like armor, except the two do not share Diminishing Returns with each other. Essentially, when you are stacking Armor along with Resist All, you are creating two separate Armor values that each play off each other. Stacking individual resists is another story entirely.

Edit: To clarify, if you were to stack high armor value items that had +armor affixes, you would get less damage reduction than stacking high armor value items and +resist all affixes because of Diminishing Returns.
    Last edited by Ryanlol; 2012-06-05 at 06:09 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    For starters, I don't need to stack anything more to survive, because I'm doing just fine farming whimsyshire on my Demon Hunter, which is my main. And second, yes, Act 3 is totally possible without legendaries. But if someone is having issues, a string of ears is the quickest way to fix that. Act 4 is quite a bit tougher though, and if you recall I mentioned that in my post as well. That is the gear someone should be shooting for if they want to progress though. I was just trying to be helpful.

And yes, while life on hit caps at around 900, it's completely possible to get a 900+ life on hit weapon with a socket. Meaning you can get a max of about 1500 life on hit on your weapon assuming a Radiant Star Amethyst.
    I get that you are a DH now but when you are saying you need legendaries to effectively tank act3 that is false. Your first sentence says that you need them and went on to list 4-5. I get where you are coming from, I just don't want people getting the wrong impression that it is harder than it is.

All that said, I just wanted to clarify that barb is not as hard as people seem to be making it.

Deleted
    People skipping act 2 and then saying they have no probs with barb

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmot View Post
    I spent millions of gold (roughly 20 million)
    How the heck have you managed to get that amount of money together when the game hasn't even been out for 3 weeks?! I have 12 million (and I play most days) and thats ONLY because I found a green set piece put it on the AH for 5 million didn't expect it to sell and it sold. How have you done it?

Quote Originally Posted by Gemdust View Post
    How the heck have you managed to get that amount of money together when the game hasn't even been out for 3 weeks?! I have 12 million (and I play most days) and thats ONLY because I found a green set piece put it on the AH for 5 million didn't expect it to sell and it sold. How have you done it?

There are a lot of methods you can use. You can easily get up to 5 million a day if you farm hard enough/long enough.
    I myself manage to get around 2-5 million per play session if I focus on farming only.

THREE examples would be:-
    Note: You can search youtube for more videos & methods, or you can check diablofans.com as well. They have quite few guides for gold farming.

Happy hunting mate
    Last edited by Lucifer Morningstar; 2012-06-05 at 07:13 PM.

Wait, if Resist All also affects physical damage mitigation, then what does the Resist Physical stat do...why would there be 2 seperate ones if one stat over lapped the other...?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Julian View Post
    Wait, if Resist All also affects physical damage mitigation, then what does the Resist Physical stat do...why would there be 2 seperate ones if one stat over lapped the other...?
    It does the same thing as Lightning Resist or Cold Resist or Fire Resist...it ups the Physical Resist stat only.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Doesn't Life on Hit on weapon have a maximum roll of 959 though?
    around that yeh but i've seen like 450 loh on neck, theres some on rings.

so u can heal for well over 1000 hp a hit, get some attack speed and u got like 3k hp regen while hitting.