Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I'm 25 and I find myself to be way better in games than before.

I care a lot more than I did in the past tho, so other way around from most people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same here. I used to be a pretty decent pvp'er, especially in my GW1 days.
    Was never a to raider in wow because I preferred to just raid with friends casually, but I was at least a very competent healer.

Lately, with having a job, trying to get in shape, etc. I just stopped caring about gaming, and my skills have just gone down the toilet.

Maybe it's best to just take a break. I haven't been playing games all that much lately (a bit of D3 is all I've done in the last few weeks).
    Instead I've been reading, jogging, and want to get into playing squash again. And go out a bit more on the weekends again
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted
    Given the state of the gaming industry at the moment, I doubt that I'll get as deeply into gaming as I once did during the PS1 and PS2 era. For starters, the sort of games that truly pique my interest are becoming very few and far between. Then again, I've always heavily favoured the survival horror and RPG genre, with a few exceptions. The cost and reliance on 'optional' content doesn't really sit well with me, either.

In turn, I've mostly just shifted to putting half the effort I used to in the games I play frequently. I'm hoping Guild Wars 2 changes that, however.
    Last edited by mmoc454417f773; 2012-06-14 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    I have got to say yeah, it happens. When I first started gaming online at 12-13 or so, I was so dominate. I didn't realize it at the time, but in the early to mid 90's, I was in the REAL minority. I was generally playing men, around 30ish or so. Just due to how computers were back then, the cost, the understanding, most children didn't know shit about computers. Though I was a HARDCORE nerd.

Needless to say, I learned the ropes far more quickly then the old guys did. I was faster, had more patience, and A LOT more time. I was then playing Diablo 1 and hacked the shit out of BNet to the High hells. Then shortly after, I moved to Ultima Online, which then took most of my time.

PvPing was godly fun in that game. I was so much ahead of the curve that I dominated PvP. I was the nerd that camped houses or people, robbed, pillaged, and had literal mobs of players out to get me. If I was spotted, on the Shard Catskills, I was a KOS target and had a 200k gold bounty on my in game head. 200k could buy you anything you wanted it, was like insta gold cap in WoW.

Made people rage quit and the GM's actually banned me for 3 weeks for excessive abuse of power, I had made around 15 people unsubscribe their accounts. I know personally, that there was an actual bounty out for my personal information. So someone could come to my house and kick the shit out of me.

It wasn't until late in the T2A and the Rise of Trammel, I stopped playing. It just wasn't fun anymore, not only that, people just chicken shitted out and just hung in Trammel the WHOLE TIME. Had a cable modem, I moved so much faster then most people on the server, that walking on foot was generally faster than most on horses. Forget it, if I was mounted you were dead. It got pathetic, it just wasn't sport anymore.

After that, I didn't play any MMO's until WoW came out. By then I was in my 20's, still fast but I just started notice, I wasn't AS fast. Now I'm almost 30, and just isn't the same. I can't compete with you kids anymore.

I had my glory days, and now I past my torch to you youngins. Make me proud and grief the shit out of us old nerds. We need the reminder that we caused this issue. Make me rage quit, I need to start getting a different hobby anyways.
    Looks like we have a Dread Lord in the house. I'm right there with you except I was on Atlantic. Your story could easily be mine though, it's quite uncanny.

Im 29. Still pretty good at getting headshots and in FPS games in general. Not as good at WoW or any other types of games mostly because they are knowledge games more than skill games and I lost interest in getting up-to-date.

I don't think age comes into account at least before you are something like 45.

---------- Post added 2012-06-14 at 04:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    Well, you see, the games you've listed aren't really that skill dependent.
    BF and CoD are striking examples of the modern take on shooters - they sacrifice gameplay in favor of illusion of realism. They not only try to look life-like, but also enforce a lot of semi-realistic gameplay rules like low healthpool combined with hitscan weaponry and slow movement. This actually may provide the picture of real battlefield, but hinders the gameplay - players die from a couple of shots, explosives create insta-killing blast zones, automatic weapons are capable of landing headshots, etc. The result of a gunfight depends only on who saw the other first, there's little to no chance to fight back or flee from combat.

And WoW and Diabo are RPGs - the type of games that relies heavily on character skills, rather than player's skills. Games like these are very hard to balance, and there are always under- and overpowered classes, abilities, enemies, etc.
    Hear hear. I miss playing RtCW so much. Back when you needed 3 headshots to kill an enemy. When youwere both good it was still the case of who saw the other first but still, you felt indestructible joining PuG servers and doing 40/0 K/D ratios.