1. #1

    Diablo Video subforum

    Hello,

    I've been making a lot of video guides for Diablo 3 where I go over detailed strategies and demonstrate techniques. I often get questions and requests for clarification, so it's nice to have a thread for discussion. However, in this forum all videos get confined to one thread, so you can't have a discussion about them that way.

    May I suggest that you implement a video forum instead of a video thread? That way each video can have some discussion if warranted, and the more popular videos would be easier to find.

  2. #2
    If they won't make a TERA forum or a Secret World forum, both of which have thousands of posts, then they're not going to make a Diablo Video forum.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    If they won't make a TERA forum or a Secret World forum, both of which have thousands of posts, then they're not going to make a Diablo Video forum.
    d3 forum: 80,000 posts
    tera thread: 7,006 posts (you could be generous and say that there 10,000 additional posts about it that were locked and told to post in the megathread and still not nearly close lol, but it is more than the minecraft forum!)

    Op, your problem is you are actually following the rules. just be like everyone else and make a thread about your video :P see:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...c-Farming-Spot
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...p-Farming-Spot

    But seriously, can't they just pm you or ask you questions on youtube?
    Last edited by bals; 2012-06-06 at 04:15 AM.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    d3 forum: 80,000 posts
    tera thread: 7,006 posts (you could be generous and say that there 10,000 additional posts about it that were locked and told to post in the megathread and still not nearly close lol, but it is more than the minecraft forum!)

    Op, your problem is you are actually following the rules. just be like everyone else and make a thread about your video :P see:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...c-Farming-Spot
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...p-Farming-Spot

    But seriously, can't they just pm you or ask you questions on youtube?
    I don't understand your point by linking those numbers. Are all those 80,000 posts about diablo videos? I don't think so. There's no WoW video forum, which has hundreds of thousands more posts than anything.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  5. #5
    At the very min, they should allow videos that are part of guides and tutorials to stay in their own thread. I get putting joke videos and kill stuff together because its all the same. But when someone spends hours putting together a tutorial and a written guide to go with it, throwing it into a video form which no one will see isn't really the best option. Especially when there are threads like, How can I farm as a Barb, I'm stuck in inferno etc, these tutorials would give people the info they need without having to make multiple threads about it.

  6. #6
    I think Videos would be great.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Starry101 View Post
    At the very min, they should allow videos that are part of guides and tutorials to stay in their own thread. I get putting joke videos and kill stuff together because its all the same. But when someone spends hours putting together a tutorial and a written guide to go with it, throwing it into a video form which no one will see isn't really the best option. Especially when there are threads like, How can I farm as a Barb, I'm stuck in inferno etc, these tutorials would give people the info they need without having to make multiple threads about it.
    Reangle it as a "Barbarian Guide" and put a proper write-up that explains everything the video explains (along the video) and the mods might not close it. If you just throw a video in your OP and you're done with it, mods will.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Reangle it as a "Barbarian Guide" and put a proper write-up that explains everything the video explains (along the video) and the mods might not close it. If you just throw a video in your OP and you're done with it, mods will.
    They still move them...

  9. #9
    Fluffy Kitten Cambria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rapture
    Posts
    9,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Starry101 View Post
    They still move them...
    No we don't.

    If you make a full post as a guide explaining everything and then add a video on the end it's fine. If you write up a full post on how to farm this or the best build and add a video on the end, it's fine.

    Writing a post 'I made this really cool guide look at my youtube', that's bad. Just putting your video and saying 'look here' is bad.

    If your post is obviously just there to show your youtbe it will be moved. If the video is just something to add to your guide it's fine. If you think it's borderline the best way to go about it is PM a D3 mod or me or any other Blue and ask.

  10. #10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •