Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I think alot will end up like the Guardian Cub and WoW. Everyones said that would ruin the game because you could spend real money for in game items (including epic armor etc via selling the guardian cub) and it really did not do anything in the long term.

I would not be too worried until we see it play out.

The RMAH will change d3 completely.
    People thinking that a good legendary will sell for 20 bucks?
    Get real.
    More like 2.
    There are so many people playing this game that there is so much loot out there its mind boggling.
    And add to that the already mentioned point of selling gold.
    100k will be worth 50cents after the first day.
    Prolly 20cents after 3 days.

Imagine its like wow after a major content patch.
    What happened was that X amount of players prepared themselves with topnotch items that everyone wanted after patch release and then sold em for 5+ times what they invested.
    Always happened after every popular patch.
    At the end of the first day markets would have crashed and become over saturated causing prices to fall drastically again and in some cases end up lower then what they originally started at.
    That was with a good 30k people.
    Your local AH/RMAH is shared with millions of people.

---------- Post added 2012-06-06 at 11:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post
    I think alot will end up like the Guardian Cub and WoW. Everyones said that would ruin the game because you could spend real money for in game items (including epic armor etc via selling the guardian cub) and it really did not do anything in the long term.

I would not be too worried until we see it play out.
    There is one major difference.
    The 'cub thing' allowed players to buy something for an fixed price and sell it for a changable amount.
    Now people can sell their gold for actual cash.
    Gold is rather easy to come by, especially if your sole purpose is farming it, so of course its going to crash.
    It has to crash in order for the RMAH to work.

Imagine 100k selling for 10 bucks.
    There are certain farmspots/gearsetups etc that award 400k+/hour with ease already (and note that the game has been out less then a month) so you could in theory earn 40bucks an hour from just farming in diablo.
    Who here makes that an hour at their dayjob?
    I sure as hell dont.
    Last edited by Mascotte; 2012-06-06 at 11:01 AM.

Deleted
    the value of in game gold goes down anyway because its always being made by people farming, its not limited

IMO GAH will be for lvl 1-59 gear plus mediocre lvl 60 gear. uber stat lvl 60 gear will be all stacked at RMAH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not touching either gold seller or the RMAH. Why? Because in the first case, i might get hacked. And in the second, Bliz keep having problems with the gold AH, why would i put of my money in there? :P

Deleted
    The RMAH will be a failure. Mark my words. Very few people will use it. And those that will, will be the goldsellers that will now use Blizzards own way.

10+ Year Old Account
    The gold AH is going to crash alright. Maybe not as fast as some people think, but gold is an unlimited resource in D3. More and more is created every day by the thousands and thousands of people playing the game. Gold will become like grass, just like it was in D2, and the items that have any actual value will be found on the RMAH.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

I am really excited about the RMAH. I wont use it and I probably wont play D3 for much longer than a few weeks, but how the RMAH influences the game and the gold auction house is really really exciting. but my guess is it will be postponed much longer. the game is too insecure right now to pulll that off.

Its the end of the world as we know it! No...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    The RMAH will be a failure. Mark my words. Very few people will use it. And those that will, will be the goldsellers that will now use Blizzards own way.
    I will be remembering this when the RMAH will prove to be a success.

Apparently you haven't watched the AH slowly collapse over the past few days.

It will be completely dead when the RMAH goes live. Mediocre to good items are dropping meanwhile good to great items are skyrocketing.

The good to great items will be moved to RMAH upon release as everyone wants to cash those 10s of millions into real life cash and as such, Gold AH will continue to drop. Then you'll only use it to place bids on level 60 magic items to salvage...assuming they fix BS somehow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    This 1000 times, but all the diablo 3 carebears dont know what it is cus either they never played diablo 2 or they played it casually. If everyone uses d2jsp diablo 3 will be a much nicer place.
    I know what it is and I never used it while playing D2 because of the kind of people that did use it...and I believe your post here counts as a nice example.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Man, to think of what a hassle it is to grind 100k gold and that it'd be worth less than a dollar... it's amazing how little some people are prepared to value their own time.
    If you look at some of the thread's on the board already about farming it isn't much of a hassle at all! Yesterday someone posted how to afk farm, I tried it although I did tailor it a bit and made 165K while AFK! All it took was a large coffee mug to hold down the right mouse button. So yes the Gold auction house will collapse unfortunately and gold will be worthless just like diablo 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemdust View Post
    If you look at some of the thread's on the board already about farming it isn't much of a hassle at all! Yesterday someone posted how to afk farm, I tried it although I did tailor it a bit and made 165K while AFK! All it took was a large coffee mug to hold down the right mouse button. So yes the Gold auction house will collapse unfortunately and gold will be worthless just like diablo 2.
    The Gold AH wont "crash" per-say just be inflated up the wahzoo... instead of like 40mil for an awesome item, it;ll just cost 800mil for an awesome item. And the RMAH will be used to purchase those 800mil items when you are short on Gold. Then you take your 800mil gold profit and post that on the RMAH for $$.

Current Games: HearthStone, Eve Online, and World of Tanks
    Current Game: Final Fantasy XIV - "Hyperion" Server
    Current Game: Tera - "Valley of Titans" Server
    Current Game: WoW: MoP & Planetside 2 - BETA
    Current Game: SWTOR - "The Fatman" Server

10+ Year Old Account
    Cheap-mid items will stay as they are now, maybe only ever so slightly rise, BIS end game items will in fact rise in price a lot.
    Last edited by Linaver; 2012-06-06 at 01:26 PM.

The only thing I am worried about is that there will be idiots selling crap items for high real money prices, and there will be idiots buying them which in turn will keep prices sky high for regular players, who will then come flood the forums by complaints.

People saying they wouldn't touch the RMAH with a stick haven't thought it through apparently. It doesn't matter if YOU won't touch the RMAH because the two will be connected anyhow, prices will influence eachother since it's all part of the same economy. Items will go on the GAH and afterwards on the RMAH, gold prices will stabilize and eventually everything will balance out and things will cost the same on the GAH and the RMAH, the only difference being gold/money.

I hate the RMAH because it will fuck up the already fucked up economy. I predict prices will rise, not because less items will be found or people get rich by farming, but because there will be retards that will keep the prices artificially high with their weekly allowance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Yeah but I wouldn't enjoy losing 100k out of my stash and only getting a few measly cents in return :P
    But it's cumulative, if I can make by what the cost of the game would've been then I'm up overall (AP, so if I make the cost of a year's worth of WoW subs then I'm at my goal, I guess). Say you sell and make a 1$ profit every sale, you sell 100 good items over the course of a year you'll have made money back on the game and then some if you bought a copy, or you'll be close to making back your AP cost.

Not to mention, you can no doubt buy things on the GAH, and put them up on the RMAH (Assuming) if they are really good and you think they will sell. If you're farming 4-5 hours a day Act IV inferno runs, chances are you'll find enough to be able to buy anything on the GAH you think has a value, as well as selling whatever has an exceptional value on the RMAH.

What the hell is this about gold losing value (For items)? Blizzard isn't putting any in to the system. It's all player sold. The 15% cut on the AH is the big gold sink in the game. (That and repairs...).

Quote Originally Posted by Elmot View Post
    The only thing I am worried about is that there will be idiots selling crap items for high real money prices, and there will be idiots buying them which in turn will keep prices sky high for regular players, who will then come flood the forums by complaints.
    And why not cash in on that by selling items also at this high price? If you make a lot of money off of selling you will have enough for buying at the same price.
    Last edited by BoomChickn; 2012-06-06 at 01:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

I dont think the impact will be nearly as large as you think.