Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    I swear despite the fact that its a tried and true way of extending the playable time of a game everyone seems to hate it because WoW did it. Seriously saying you beat diablo when you beat it on normal is like saying you beat world of warcraft because you got to level 40.
    beating wow is different then beating d3.
    you beat wow by beating the current end boss of w/e xpac/patch your on so you beat the current content. like for cata you killed dw on its final content patch. so anything more is for replay or a higher challenge.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    beating wow is different then beating d3.
    you beat wow by beating the current end boss of w/e xpac/patch your on so you beat the current content. like for cata you killed dw on its final content patch. so anything more is for replay or a higher challenge.
    So if i beat DW in LFR i completed the expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    So if i beat DW in LFR i completed the expansion?
    yes for the simple fact you killed the end boss/seen the ending anything higher is just for more replay or a challenge.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

You shouldn't play games like Diablo or WoW to 'beat' them...

Deleted
    yes for the simple fact you killed the end boss/seen the ending anything higher is just for more replay or a challenge.
    an opinion isnt a fact tho.

Deleted
    You didn't beat the game... just like you don't beat someone in chess when you kill their queen...

You saw the story, but that is all. There are still levels, new runes and a whole new way of playing, waiting for you

Oh, and having to get to level 60 still, isn't replay... it's still playing the same game, it only gives you the same story but harder.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have in no way "beaten" the game. Your rules of "i killed the last boss so that must be the end" does in no way apply to Diablo 3. You clearly have not played previous Diablo games or you would of understood this. You have merely passed the tutorial stage of the game at this point and your review tends to mean nothing at this point. For example, in WoW if you do DS LFR and say you have beaten the game, that is false. You have merely warmed up to the rest of the content that awaits you.

You have probably only just hit around level 30 something, you still havn't even unlocked the majority of the spells/runes and you have still only completed normal on one class, let alone the other dificulties. I'll try not to rant any more but it bugs me when you continuesly say that "yes i have beaten the game I've seen all there is too see", no you have not, thats not how diablo works, I'm finished.
    "Far left is communism, far right is Anarchy, be aware that you do not stray to far either way”
    "If we are confronted with differences in opinion, the chemicals that are released in the brain are the same ones that try to ensure our survival in dangerous situations."

Quote Originally Posted by NETTN View Post
    You didn't beat the game... just like you don't beat someone in chess when you kill their queen...

You saw the story, but that is all. There are still levels, new runes and a whole new way of playing, waiting for you

Oh, and having to get to level 60 still, isn't replay... it's still playing the same game, it only gives you the same story but harder.
    so playing the same story a 2nd time isn't replay....do you even know what replay means?

---------- Post added 2012-06-06 at 07:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ghostnet View Post
    You have in no way "beaten" the game. Your rules of "i killed the last boss so that must be the end" does in no way apply to Diablo 3. You clearly have not played previous Diablo games or you would of understood this. You have merely passed the tutorial stage of the game at this point and your review tends to mean nothing at this point. For example, in WoW if you do DS LFR and say you have beaten the game, that is false. You have merely warmed up to the rest of the content that awaits you.

You have probably only just hit around level 30 something, you still havn't even unlocked the majority of the spells/runes and you have still only completed normal on one class, let alone the other dificulties. I'll try not to rant any more but it bugs me when you continuesly say that "yes i have beaten the game I've seen all there is too see", no you have not, thats not how diablo works, I'm finished.
    funny cause i have i have beat d2 and even have videos of me playing a few parts of it.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i do plan to keep playing but yes the game is beaten*aka killed the last boss seen the ending = game beaten* harder settings dose not = more content in anyway.

please do try to stay on topic don't want this to turn into a *beat the higher setting or stfu*
    Actually, I've noticed bits and pieces of dialog on higher settings that don't seem appear on lower ones. It's mostly Follower chatter, but it's fun stuff and bits of lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

10+ Year Old Account
    so playing the same story a 2nd time isn't replay....do you even know what replay means?

---------- Post added 2012-06-06 at 07:37 AM ----------

funny cause i have i have beat d2 and even have videos of me playing a few parts of it.
    So when you say you "beat" D2, i guess you just did the same thing? beat it on normal then quit. I have said it before, others have said it and i will say it again, that is not how Diablo is played. You finish normal and then you progress through the difficulties gaining levels, collecting gear and learning new skills. This is not Mario, this is Diablo.
    "Far left is communism, far right is Anarchy, be aware that you do not stray to far either way”
    "If we are confronted with differences in opinion, the chemicals that are released in the brain are the same ones that try to ensure our survival in dangerous situations."

Let the guy have his own damn opinion, sheesh, he didn't bash it, whether his definition of "beating" is correct or not doesn't really matter.

Deleted
    OP there's a reason people are telling you that you haven't beaten the game. You coming along and saying "Yes I have" is not in any ways proof that you have. Perhaps beating the "final boss" means to you that the game is over, to very many others it does not. One could make a very solid case that the game isn't really finished until its done on Hell/Inferno. Maybe you don't see it that way but many people do.

Your argument is that higher difficulty levels don't extend the "life" of the game. That's a very reasonable argument but at the same time you must consider that Diablo's difficulty levels aren't quite the same thing as the they are in most games. When I beat Prince of Persia on easy, normal or hard its all the same and I start from scratch each time. In Diablo they are specifically made to be linked, one picks up where the other left off and you don't unlock all of your abilities until hitting level 60 near the end of Hell difficulty. By that reasoning one could easily say that Hell is the true end of the game and Inferno is the "extra" that you don't have to do to "beat" it.

Either way, its a gray area.

As for the review... there were some things I disliked about the game, such as the storytelling or big parts of Act 2 being annoying as all hell. I did really like the rune system though, not sure what you think could have been better. My only gripe with it is that a lot of skills are very underpowered in Inferno.
    Last edited by mmocf1640b68b7; 2012-06-06 at 07:51 AM.

you did not beat the entire game, you only beaten "normal mode" part of the game. therefore your review actually only apply to maybe half (based on level) or 1/4 (based on amount of modes) of the game.

you gave the normal mode part of the game 8.5, the entire game score is still unknown from you.

when you finish normal mode and the screen appear after the ending, it does not say "you have beaten the game." instead it says something a long the lines of "you have beaten the game on normal mode", therefore the developer themselves agree that it is only "part" of the game and not actually the "entire" game.

Edit : and it is not even "replay" when you continue NM/Hell/Inferno modes, i believe it is "continue".

the game dungeons and maps are randomly generated, even after clearing the story few times i still get into new places that i have never seen before.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftk View Post
    Let the guy have his own damn opinion, sheesh, he didn't bash it, whether his definition of "beating" is correct or not doesn't really matter.
    tymv the whole point of this thread is not how i beat it its that i beat it*In my way* and made a review wanting to know what others though.

how i beat a game may be different then yours but neither of us is wrong. each has there own way of doing things.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you realize that you are just asking for a flame war. You do not understand how the game is meant to be played, your review is irrelevant now. You are telling us Diablo players that the game is finished after normal, and we are saying no, it's not.

I don't think you realize that you are just asking for a flame war. You do not understand how the game is meant to be played, your review is irrelevant now. You are telling us Diablo players that the game is finished after normal, and we are saying no, it's not.
    people trying to play off there way is fact and its not my way is how i see that i beat it yours is different but neither is wrong. just cause you say its not the right way dose not mean it is. it is different for each person and people need to relise that and stop trying to play off there way as fact.

And arguing for the sake of creating said "flame war" is smart too? The dude has an OPINION, let it be.

people trying to play off there way is fact and its not my way is how i see that i beat it yours is different but neither is wrong. just cause you say its not the right way dose not mean it is. it is different for each person and people need to relise that and stop trying to play off there way as fact.
    If I said I beat the game because I killed the Skeleton King, would you support my view?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post
    If I said I beat the game because I killed the Skeleton King, would you support my view?
    well since the skeleton king is not the end game boss no.

well since the skeleton king is not the end game boss no.
    So what you are saying is that, because I have not completed the game as you define it, my opinion and/or stance on the matter is invalid?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space