Deleted

Need a new mouse :<

Alright so let me give you guys the details. Currently I own a steelseries Ikari mouse, it's one of the most comfortable mice I've ever had, it's somewhat big and have the buttons I require; scroll/left/right/two thumb buttons.

I'm a big guy, a very big guy. In my almost 24 years on this planet I've run into 4-5 people who could rival my hand size. My current mouse is dying (It double clicks a lot, and I f***ing hate it). In a week or so I'll be ordering a new computer, a Goliathus Extended mat and a new mouse. Problem is, I don't know what mouse to get, I need a big one to fit my ridiculously big hand (if you even mention something like a naga, you will be promptly ignored, that thing was designed for dwarves.)

Halp
    Last edited by mmoc1ea225bcc9; 2012-06-06 at 09:18 AM.

(if you even mention something like a naga, you will be promptly ignored, that thing was designed for dwarves.)
    Funny, I have dwarf hands (I stopped growing when I was about 12, at a nice height of 5'8") and the Naga (all of them) are really hard for me to reach some of the buttons on due to my hands being small. They're made for "average" sized hands, not small ones. But that being so, they aren't necessarily made for big hands either.

Normally I'd recommend the R.A.T 7 or 9 but they have a design flaw in that any more than just light pressure on the mouse will cause the left thumbrest to become uneven with the base and the mouse "rocks" a lot afterwards, and you cannot fix it.

Have you looked into the Logitech G9x laser mouse? It has two grip attachments, one of which is meant for hands like yours. It doesn't have all of the buttons the Naga or some other mice have, but it's comfortable for large hand people.

Of course there's the question of why you aren't just getting another of the same mouse if you like it so much. A quick search of Amazon.com results in the top two listings of a white and black version of the Ikari, new, for about $60. If you like it, I'd say the "if it ain't broke, don't go and fix it damnit!" rule applies - just get another Ikari since you're already accustomed to it.

Deleted
    Thanks for your reply Squishy, I'm 6'4'' and have looked up several mice, the R.A.T is definitely a no-go as I'll probably break it in a few weeks (Altho it looks siiiiiick), the g9x is odd, I've tried it once already and the length doesn't match the width so my hand wasn't resting at all :/ I might go with an Ikari, but I'd find it much much better if it was 15-20% bigger :/

Deleted
    Corsair M90 gets my vote or Corsair M60 if you don't want all the extra buttons.

Deleted
    Logitech G400.
    Logitech G500.
    Logitech G9X.
    Mionix Naos 3200/5000.
    Razer DeathAdder.
    SteelSeries Ikari.
    Zowie Gear AM.

Speaking entirely of personal opinion, I think the Logitech G400, the Mionix Naos 3200 or the Zowie Gear AM are the best picks. The DeathAdder is a nice mouse, but reports and user feedback indicate that there are concerns regarding quality on certain production batches. The Ikari costs too much, as does the Naos 5000. The Logitech G500 isn't worth it over the G400 and the G9X is for claw-grip (and somewhat expensive I think).

I haven't tried the new Corsair M-series (M60 and M90) so I can't comment on those.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Corsair M90 gets my vote or Corsair M60 if you don't want all the extra buttons.

ive got one of these (m90) and it works nice and does what i need but learning the program can be a hassle and so far i cant get mine to "hold" a key down. all i can get it to do is just repeatedly spam said button while i hold it down but once you learn the program and if you dont mind that keypress issue its a great mouse and the price isnt that bad either, even with the small issues im having im still keeping mine. i tried the Cyborg R.A.T. 7 and yeah the physical customization are nice i didnt like the the software customization (ended up taking it back and swapping for the m90)
    Last edited by staples; 2012-06-06 at 11:51 AM.

Hey Grievuuz,

I also have rather large hands, I'm 6'4 210ish. That being said I've always used what I thought was a normal size mouse (logitech mx518), but I realized that even that mouse was small compared to what I'm currently using. For my new mouse I went with the Mionix 3200 and it's the greatest mouse I've ever felt or used.

I was a little scared at first because I thought it felt cheap out of the box (was pretty light). But nope, I've had it for about 8 months now and its freaking amazing. Large ergonomic design which fits freaking perfectly in a large hand. It's also the ONLY product I have EVER wrote a review for after the hundreds of products I've purchased. Trust me and just buy one, you most definitely won't regret it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...=mionix%203200

Quote Originally Posted by yupholladay View Post
    Hey Grievuuz,

I also have rather large hands, I'm 6'4 210ish. That being said I've always used what I thought was a normal size mouse (logitech mx518), but I realized that even that mouse was small compared to what I'm currently using. For my new mouse I went with the Mionix 3200 and it's the greatest mouse I've ever felt or used.

I was a little scared at first because I thought it felt cheap out of the box (was pretty light). But nope, I've had it for about 8 months now and its freaking amazing. Large ergonomic design which fits freaking perfectly in a large hand. It's also the ONLY product I have EVER wrote a review for after the hundreds of products I've purchased. Trust me and just buy one, you most definitely won't regret it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...=mionix%203200

Please please please do one simple thing for me.
    Grab the mouse by palming it in such a way that it touches the back of your palm in the most comfortable way you can. Now rest your pinky and ring fingers on the shapes of the mouse that were designed for this but in such a way that you can easily lift the mouse in air (imagine that I am a tall fps gamer that lifts the mouse a lot). Now please tell me if in this position that you hold your hand on the mouse you touch or not the mousepad with either pinky or ring finger - important, with the mouse in the back of your palm, cause if you move back the hand to not touch the mouse with the back of your palm, then is easy to not touch the mousepad.
    I am trying to figure out if this mouse gives me the option or not to use it in the most comfortable way is possible, without being forced to drag either my pinky or ring finger on the mousepad.

The reason I came up with this question is because from the videos I saw, it felt like the angle of the pinky is a bit too much aiming towards the pad, and if you have long fingers you will end up dragging them on the mousepad. I would hate to have this happening.
    Last edited by cerbul; 2012-10-06 at 11:32 AM.

Deleted
    I've had my Mionix Naos 5000 since February.

My hand-size is about 19 cm (palm to top of my indexfinger). I find that it sits neatly in my hand, with the pinky and ringfinger just barely touching my pad. See pictures:

Looks like my reply was resurrected 0_o. Marest to the rescue.

It's been several months since my post, but as update this mouse is still flipping fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    I've had my Mionix Naos 5000 since February.

My hand-size is about 19 cm (palm to top of my indexfinger). I find that it sits neatly in my hand, with the pinky and ringfinger just barely touching my pad. See pictures:
    I got only 190 cm tall and my palm from the top of my indexfinger to the "line" that separates the palm from the rest of my hand, I got 18.6 cm. However, I am considered a person with long fingers, so I am assuming my fingers are pretty much the same, or just slightly shorter then yours.

This problem hunts me from the time of MX518, where I was forced to get my ring finger closer to the pad to not touch the mouse button 2. This would put my little finger on the mousepad, which causes a lot of pain after 30 minutes of fast swipes in games.

If you ever tested MX518, or any of the Logitech mice with the same shape, can you please tell me if you feel like you got more space for ring and pinky when using Mionix mouse? I find it really unpleasant to know that I am waiting ever since MX518 came out to find a mouse that would allow me to feel comfortable using it. However, the only mouse out there right now that allows me to sit all my fingers on the mouse pretty much comfortably, are Microsoft Sidewinder X5, which has a sensor that tracks really awesome but you can make it skip pretty much on command if you pull a bit faster, and the other one is Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0, but this one has poor side buttons, poor scrollwheel, not perferct tracking, and is not wide enough for perfect side grip.

I saw that you already shot down the idea of the R.A.T. 7 or MMO version of this because you question its durability. I can tell you from being an owner for nearly a year now that my RAT 7 is still looking brand new like the day I unpacked it, all buttons working great, and I have rather large hands as well. The RAT is more sturdy than it looks, and you will just have to trust me when I say it does not feel like it looks. This is one of the most comfortable mice I have ever used. It comes with a pinky rest which you can swap out with a plain side if you prefer your pinky to drag a big on the mouse pad like I do. You can also extend the palm rest on it out very far. I am fairly certain that Shaq could use this thing comfortably. As others have mentioned, the M90 is excellent as well. I have not owned one, but I have held one in the store and it feels great as well. That is probably the only other mouse I would recommend.

Since you've been using an Ikari and find the Naga too small, I'm going to infer that you use more of a palm-based grip. That being the case, I'd probably recommend the Razer DeathAdder. Mine's sitting on a shelf since its shape just doesn't work for fingertip grips, but it's really a fantastic mouse. The tracking is as good as I've found, and the layout is very simple and effective. I've heard they can develop double-click issues as they age, but things wear out eventually. It happens. The only flaw I've experienced is an occasional downscroll registering after a really quick upscroll. A lot of mice actually do this though. If I had to pick one distinguishing feature I've noticed in SteelSeries' mice, it's that they've without exception had the best scroll wheels I've encountered.

Alternately, you could always just get another Ikari. If you actually don't have any problems with it aside from it having worn out there would be no harm in that.

P.S. The black edition DeathAdder is apparently a little more solidly built than the regular one. It doesn't have any lights and the sides are rubberized rather than glossy, if that works for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cerbul View Post
    I got only 190 cm tall and my palm from the top of my indexfinger to the "line" that separates the palm from the rest of my hand, I got 18.6 cm. However, I am considered a person with long fingers, so I am assuming my fingers are pretty much the same, or just slightly shorter then yours.
    I was never considered to have large hands. I'm 180 cm, give or take, and the distance between the bottom part of my palm to the top of my indexfinger is 18.8 cm (but, it's not like this is easy to calculate - there's no exact distance to measure). My indexfinger is 8.2 cm anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by cerbul View Post
    This problem hunts me from the time of MX518, where I was forced to get my ring finger closer to the pad to not touch the mouse button 2. This would put my little finger on the mousepad, which causes a lot of pain after 30 minutes of fast swipes in games.

If you ever tested MX518, or any of the Logitech mice with the same shape, can you please tell me if you feel like you got more space for ring and pinky when using Mionix mouse? I find it really unpleasant to know that I am waiting ever since MX518 came out to find a mouse that would allow me to feel comfortable using it. However, the only mouse out there right now that allows me to sit all my fingers on the mouse pretty much comfortably, are Microsoft Sidewinder X5, which has a sensor that tracks really awesome but you can make it skip pretty much on command if you pull a bit faster, and the other one is Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0, but this one has poor side buttons, poor scrollwheel, not perferct tracking, and is not wide enough for perfect side grip.
    My Naos 5000 replaced my MX518 actually. The shape and form-factor on these two mice is a bit different; the Naos has a carved side that works as a resting-place for the pinky and ringfinger while the MX518 goes around letting the two aforementioned fingers almost grip around the mouse.

Compare these two pictures:
    http://www.topreviewshop.com/graphic..._naos_5000.jpg
    http://static.trustedreviews.com/94/...627/1543-2.jpg

If you ever tested MX518, or any of the Logitech mice with the same shape, can you please tell me if you feel like you got more space for ring and pinky when using Mionix mouse?
    The answer would be a clear yes based on the above. At first I did experience it slightly harder to lift the Naos 5000 because it doesn't let you grip "around" the mouse due to the shape around the pinky and ringfinger, but the ergonomic shape makes it a lot more comfortable to use - at least in my opinion.

I have owned MX518 and I had a hard time using it. It felt like it fills my palm in a really awesome way, but the more I was trying to palm it, the more my pinky was dragging on the mousepad.. The fact that I was reaching the front of my MX518 with my ring finger when I was palm gripping it and the fact that at that place there is very small space to put my ring finger inbetween mbutton2 and mousepad, it was forcing it on a very specific position, which was not allowing my pinky to rest anywhere comfortable...
    Ever since I was hoping for a mouse to solve this, and this might be it. It would be a shame to have my fingers drag on the mousepad..

As for the grip for lifting, I can see that you are pretty much forced to use ring finger for lifting, as the thumb and ring fingers only touch zones curved inwards, so that you get a good enough grip to lift. Also the mouse seems to have a non slippery material, isn't it?
    Last edited by cerbul; 2012-10-06 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoness View Post
    I saw that you already shot down the idea of the R.A.T. 7 or MMO version of this because you question its durability. I can tell you from being an owner for nearly a year now that my RAT 7 is still looking brand new like the day I unpacked it, all buttons working great, and I have rather large hands as well. The RAT is more sturdy than it looks, and you will just have to trust me when I say it does not feel like it looks. This is one of the most comfortable mice I have ever used. It comes with a pinky rest which you can swap out with a plain side if you prefer your pinky to drag a big on the mouse pad like I do. You can also extend the palm rest on it out very far. I am fairly certain that Shaq could use this thing comfortably. As others have mentioned, the M90 is excellent as well. I have not owned one, but I have held one in the store and it feels great as well. That is probably the only other mouse I would recommend.
    Long delay on my response, but the RAT 7 is NOT good for people with large hands. When you extend the palm rest full the mouse becomes unbalanced. Further, the pinky rest extension is very uncomfortable with the long fingers so you are forced to use the non-pinky rest extension which means the pinky drags. I had the RAT 7 for around a week before I had to take it back.

For reference my hand is 19.5 cm from index finger to palm and I am 200cm tall. I am fairly large. To date, I have not found a mouse that was comfortable. I am still using a Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer v2. I may try the Mionix Naos 5000 since I already have the Zibal 60 keyboard (black Cherry MX switches make me happy) and the green LED lighting will match. If the Naos 5000 construction is anything like the Zibal 60 then it is bombproof.