Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Seal of command is back on the beta

Logged on to the beta today and noticed that I have not 4 but 5 seals to choose from as ret.
    Seal of command seems to be back, even though it isn't mentioned on the top page of mmochampion news...yet at least
    Your thoughts? Was this needed?

Is it the "Wotlk" Seal of command?
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenjji View Post
    Is it the "Wotlk" Seal of command?

http://mop.wowhead.com/spell=105361

Fills you with Holy Light, causing melee attacks to deal 10% additional Holy damage.

Description also has "available at level 3".

Obviously just a single target Seal for us to use until you hit a high enough level to use Seal of Truth.

Therefore completely useless past the gaining of Seal of Truth.

Excitement factor has dropped
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

10+ Year Old Account
    Seal of Truth is supposed to replace it. Either that's bugged, or they added it back as a single-target version of Righteousness (which is all it is now), which would be pointless since Truth does more direct damage on top of Censure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Seal of Truth is supposed to replace it. Either that's bugged, or they added it back as a single-target version of Righteousness (which is all it is now), which would be pointless since Truth does more direct damage on top of Censure.
    I suppose it wouldn't be a terrible thing to keep a pure single target seal, especially if they'll have situations like breaking Fiery Grip on Spine (where you don't want to leave behind unnecessary DoTs).
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Made a lvl 1 pala to check, yes, the tooltip of Seal of Truth still says that it replaces seal of command. Bug I guess then. Pity, seal of command has such a pretty icon, would look nice in the ui.

I've not been keeping up to much, on that picture the Aura bar has been replaced with Seals. What happened to all our auras?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RawrPala View Post
    I've not been keeping up to much, on that picture the Aura bar has been replaced with Seals. What happened to all our auras?
    They vanished into the nether .
    Auras are getting removed in MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    Should have deleted my paladin to make room for my 2nd dk instead of my warlock.

Why do they insist on screwing with paladins so damn much? I've allready basically quit playing my paladin because of HoPo but I was hoping they'd get rid of it eventually.

But now they are stripping an iconic class ability like auras? GTFO. Especially if I can't use crusader aura anymore, that is gonna suck. Those I suppose my DK main is loosing on a pale horse as a talent....

My paladin was my first alliance toon back in vanilla, and its been through 4 expansions, 3 server xfers, and a race change when I finally got sick staring at a human male.

(Back when I made him paladin races were limited to humans, and short fat humans with beards.)
    Last edited by Playintrafic; 2012-06-08 at 04:39 AM.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    They vanished into the nether .
    Might be worth noting that we still have Devotion Aura, but that it's an entirely different spell.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Should have deleted my paladin to make room for my 2nd dk instead of my warlock.

Why do they insist on screwing with paladins so damn much? I've allready basically quit playing my paladin because of HoPo but I was hoping they'd get rid of it eventually.

But now they are stripping an iconic class ability like auras? GTFO. Especially if I can't use crusader aura anymore, that is gonna suck. Those I suppose my DK main is loosing on a pale horse as a talent....

My paladin was my first alliance toon back in vanilla, and its been through 4 expansions, 3 server xfers, and a race change when I finally got sick staring at a human male.

(Back when I made him paladin races were limited to humans, and short fat humans with beards.)
    Actually, last I heard, Pale horse is becoming a trainable ability instead of a talent so all specs get it, and crusader aura becomes automatic when you mount up.

Whilst kind of boring and required very little thought, aura's were definitive of paladins since classic.

We're running out of abilities that were used regularly back in vanilla, that are still present. Granted I didn't expect it to be very similar but this is getting extreme.

They got rid of auras? Just when I thought they couldnt homogenize the game even more...

Can they please stop fucking with the only class I have a personal fondness for?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snaige View Post
    Logged on to the beta today and noticed that I have not 4 but 5 seals to choose from as ret.
    Seal of command seems to be back, even though it isn't mentioned on the top page of mmochampion news...yet at least
    Your thoughts? Was this needed?
    Unneeded and unnecessary, this is most likely a bug. MoPs Seal system needs work. SoR as an AoE Seal doesn't work IMO...and Blizzrad already removed a same mechanic from warriors. Having SoC for a few hours a of gameplay indicates a bad design choice somewhere.

EJL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    They got rid of auras? Just when I thought they couldnt homogenize the game even more...

Can they please stop fucking with the only class I have a personal fondness for?
    homogenizing? Most of the classes have some kind of aura in MoP. It's probably because they want our buffs to be dispellable and auras werent.

Deleted
    If they're gonna make Crusader Aura activate by default every time we mount up, I don't really mind. I see myself switching between auras way too many times in BGs. Crusader Aura when I'm mounted, Resistance Aura when I see a Mage, Priest or Warlock, Devotion Aura when I see a melee class, etc, etc. Too much hassle.

One question, though. As Holy, Concentration Aura gives us over 100% decrease in delay while casting. Will this be baseline aswell?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrasibion View Post
    As Holy, Concentration Aura gives us over 100% decrease in delay while casting. Will this be baseline aswell?

I don't think so, no. Only aura related thing that we get is a new version of aura mastery, called:

Devotion Aura

Inspire all party and raid members within 40 yards, granting them immunity to Silence and Interrupt effects and reducing all magic damage taken by 20%. Lasts 6 sec.

from what I understand, having Seal of Command back is indeed a bug, after having talked to a few other fellow paladins on beta. It would seem a little silly to give us command, which is supposed to be replaced my truth, especially if it's not the old Seal of Command we loved anyway.

Deleted
    It's just a bug, SoT is still supposed to replace SoC.