Poll: When have you beaten d3?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

When have you beaten d3?

Based on a thread of endless arguing I would find it interesting what ppl think rather then a few loud posters in a thread.

When you clear inferno. That will take a long long grind.

Edit: Also from what we've seen so far from inferno clearing inferno diablo on hc would be close to impossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    The same way you beat WoW: Uninstall and walk away.

In my opinion when you have completed normal, you can claim to have beaten it. At that point you have seen all the static content. To a lot of people that is all there is to the game. To me it's like reaching level 85 in WoW. To some it's where the game really starts, to others it's where it ends. For the slow paced, super casual, exploring everything type, clearing normal will be sufficient.

However, you have to recognize that some people, like myself, enjoy the game so much that they want to continue playing, even though it means repeating the same content. It's like challenging modes in other games. In Warcraft 3, most people would claim to have finished it when they'd done it on normal, even though the real challenge was in hard. Same with Diablo. The game doesn't get hard till after normal (way after), however a lot people play games for the story and for the experience, not for the challenge. Hardcore gamers have to realize this.

Deleted
    Inferno Clear is when the game is actually beaten.
    Last edited by mmoceeceb76e25; 2012-06-06 at 09:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Beat Diablo on Hell(Ding60)

felt kinda eh every since. Kinda sad don't feel excited to move on to Act2 inferno o well though.
    most people i talk to say they beat the game when they beat in on normal, they aren't like avid diablo players or anything. shrug don't really care which is correct personally.

i wouldn't say beating inferno on hardcore is beating the game though lol. very few would ever beat it then, just seems l don't know pointless for that to be the end point. More like bonus mode, that happens to be the hardest but each to their own opinion. I'm sure over the years ill own the game i'll at very least attempt it if not get overly obsessive about it.
    Last edited by strangebreed; 2012-06-06 at 09:30 AM.
    I'd torture a thousand souls just to see her smile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    The same way you beat WoW: Uninstall and walk away.
    After which, of course, you will linger on this forum and spit at everything Blizzard does.
    All part of the process.

Quote Originally Posted by strangebreed View Post
    Beat Diablo on Hell(Ding60)

felt kinda eh every since. Kinda sad don't feel excited to move on to Act2 inferno o well though.
    most people i talk to say they beat the game when they beat in on normal, they aren't like avid diablo players anything. shrug don't really care which correct personally.

i wouldn't say beating inferno on hardcore is beating the game though lol.
    I'd say beating the game without the game beating you even once, is the ultimate way of winning this game. So yes, Hardcore Inferno. Because you beat the game, all the time.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Get all achievments? Automatically requires you to beat inferno with every class, level 2 chars of each class to 60 and beat inferno on hardcore.

Deleted
    Beating diablo(and rare packs) on inferno is finishing the game. Doing it on hardcore is taking it to extremes :3
    I'm closeing in on doing diablo inferno, and I have no intention of even trying out hardcore.. I'd just ragequit by the time I got to a2 (if not sooner)

10+ Year Old Account
    Doing Act4 Inferno and not skipping anything. While having a level 60 of each class. That's beaten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bossmonster View Post
    Get all achievments? Automatically requires you to beat inferno with every class, level 2 chars of each class to 60 and beat inferno on hardcore.
    I wonder how long it will take for the world first of this.

Just by textbook definition a Diablo Inferno Kill would mean that you have beaten the game as you have cleared the story driven content on the hardest difficulty level.

But then there's still more to accomplish, isn't there? Best equipment? Inferno Act 4 farming? Kill all champion pack combinations ingame without dying? Hardcore Inferno Diablo? All achievements? With one character or with all of them? For one skillset or for multiple?

It's all about personal goals that give you the feel to have "beaten" the game.

Deleted
    A game is beaten when the final boss is killed, even if this means doing it on the lowest possible difficulty setting. This means Diablo 3 is beaten when you have killed Diablo on Normal. Everything beyond that is a choice.

When I am done playing the game.

Going to agree with Bossmonster.

Beating the game is getting every achievement accomplished. That means you have cleared literally everything there is to clear (contest-wise) in every configuration (every difficulty, normal and hardcore, solo and with a group/partner) across every class (at least twice, though I would assume one of each class would be for hardcore and one for normal). That is "beating" the game.

in sowjet russia, game beats you !

Clearing all the way up to the last boss on the highest difficulty, and beating the encounter. Both are important. You haven't done Ironman if you start 1m before the finishing line, sort of speaking.

Plot and mechanics wise? When you finish diablo normal.

After that, its just gradually increasing PvE difficulty overcome through gradually improving gear. If you're not enjoying the grind/difficulty, you can walk away knowing you aren't missing anything.

I'm in inferno now, nightmare and hell were more difficult than normal but nothing special. Inferno is OMGWTFBBQ hard (especially act 2) and pretty much done; don't see the point of pushing through the content just to say i'm 'done' inferno.