Deleted

MoP Mages at level 90

First of all,

You'd expect a change in level 90 talent animations but no, they didn't change at all. Incanter's ward = SAME animation as.. yes indeed mana shield.
    Invocation same as evocation.. Be creative pls. It's not purely about the stats, also the animations must be attractive. Give Incanter's ward some colors make it noticable like a purple-red aura or electric spraks around it. Also invocation can be seen as a charging up so.. make it awesome, let the people know that that mage over there is going to be very powerful in about 4-5 seconds for 40 secs long by making it electrical or much more arcane like or maybe a combination of the 3 speccs, fire frost and arcane streams.

Second i'd like to talk about a few other talents like:
    1) Ice floes: 1min cooldown for about 4 seconds movement while dpsing... It's not worth it.. Make it attractive like: increase these 2 spells their dmg, make it a 10 second buff so you can walk around while casting for 10 seconds long, or reduce the cooldown to 25 seconds.

2) Presence of mind can be compared with Ancestral Swiftness, But AS only has a cooldown of 1 minute and has a passive addition to it. PLEASE make presence of mind also more attractive by decreasing the cooldown or increasing the damage of the instant spell.

3) Temporal shield is lol...: It's so situational it's rediculus.. Make your lost health return instantly and all of it after those 4 seconds. Or make it 6 seconds. Just change or remove this talent.

4) Blazing speed is also a worthless talent. You can run 150% (AWESOME) for 1 sec and if your being hit over 2% of yo ur total health.. OMG. Please make it like 100% increased movement speed but like 3-4 seconds long so you can actually be safe again for a few seconds. 1 second is just... dude c'mon.. seriously?

5) Ring of frost is nice because it's an instant freeze but why is the cast time 2 seconds... You realy think this will be viable in pvp? 2 Seconds is way to long.

6) Ice ward. Change or remove.

7) Greater invisibilty.. No one but i realy think No one will ever take this talent. The other two, cauterize and cold snap are way better. Make it more attractive and how can you do that. Make it useable while asleep, stunned feared etc.. and let it remove all the dots on the mage. Or make the damage reduction after coming out of invisibilty a longer buff.. like 6 seconds. Or just remove it and think of another NEW talent.

8) Coldsnap: Pls make it a frostspecced spell again and let it work on a lot more frost spells. Re-invent a new survival talent instead. Because after all i think mages didn't get a lot of new spells at all if you compare to other classes.

This being said i'd also like to see a change to the level 90 talents: Invocation and rune of power.

Invocation is very good for arcane PvE since they need a lot of mana and it's a must have for pve. But for frost and fire PvE it feels unorthodox to channel a 6 second spell every 34 seconds while standing still.. we should be either be able to move or reduce the channeling time after a second time casting this spell (while the buff is still on you).

Rune of power.. this on is obvious. The other two give big dmg increases but rune of power gives only 10% dmg increase, which isn't very spectacular. Make it a 20% spellpower increase, or remove the casting time or maybe reduce cooldown to nothing. OR just let them stack. 2 runes is 20% increased spellpower.

And make fingers of frost pop more in PvE pls.

Thanks for reading
    Last edited by mmoce983d4d8aa; 2012-06-06 at 09:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should post these concerns on the official forums where they can see it.

Deleted
    So many people play mages at the moment, seems the class is attractive enough

Everybody wants some major positive changes for his class, but seems that mages are quite low on priority due to the fact that there are already too many mages.

Join LFR and enjoy 12 mages

Deleted
    Worthless critisizm Berkhtar. Be constructive and detailed.

10+ Year Old Account
    i agree with some of your concerns but not all , you have too many thins that you dont like but which are other wise ok

PoM: its average but doesn't need a passive for a level 1 talent, maybe it can refund mana? idk
    Ice Floes : this could become a bit longer , since its only 2 spells allowed

Temporal Shield is good , but i dont like how the healing can be dispelled

Ring of frost is good , idk why they made it not coalesce and added a cast time , bit of a dumb thing
    Ice ward is cool , (excuse the pun) perhaps they could have made a molten ward? Knocks the target back? its abit too similar to frost nova

Greater invis and Cold snap are amazing , i think cauterize is the stupid one here, for lazy mages
    I agree blazing need atleast 2 sec

The last talents need sum work, new graphics for one things, and if rune of power stacked then maybe it would be worthwhile , otherwise they ok for abit of a gameplay changer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emberess View Post
    i agree with some of your concerns but not all , you have too many thins that you dont like but which are other wise ok

PoM: its average but doesn't need a passive for a level 1 talent, maybe it can refund mana? idk
    Ice Floes : this could become a bit longer , since its only 2 spells allowed

Temporal Shield is good , but i dont like how the healing can be dispelled

Ring of frost is good , idk why they made it not coalesce and added a cast time , bit of a dumb thing
    Ice ward is cool , (excuse the pun) perhaps they could have made a molten ward? Knocks the target back? its abit too similar to frost nova

Greater invis and Cold snap are amazing , i think cauterize is the stupid one here, for lazy mages
    I agree blazing need atleast 2 sec

The last talents need sum work, new graphics for one things, and if rune of power stacked then maybe it would be worthwhile , otherwise they ok for abit of a gameplay changer
    / I totally agree

Just settle down as long as the lead dev plays your faceroll class all will be well.

The next expansion is pvp based last time I checked Mage were a little better than average,you crying and whining for animation changes when other classes desperately need mechanics changes/revamps is pretty funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how often you're going to be staring at your character, noting all of the spell animations, instead of watching your DPS meter, enemy health bar or other parts of your UI? I would think class mechanics and such were more important to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Ackatosh View Post
    4) Blazing speed is also a worthless talent. You can run 150% (AWESOME) for 1 sec and if your being hit over 2% of yo ur total health.. OMG. Please make it like 100% increased movement speed but like 3-4 seconds long so you can actually be safe again for a few seconds. 1 second is just... dude c'mon.. seriously?
    L2Jump.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

1) Ice floes: 1min cooldown for about 4 seconds movement while dpsing... It's not worth it.. Make it attractive like: increase these 2 spells their dmg, make it a 10 second buff so you can walk around while casting for 10 seconds long, or reduce the cooldown to 25 seconds.

2) Presence of mind can be compared with Ancestral Swiftness, But AS only has a cooldown of 1 minute and has a passive addition to it. PLEASE make presence of mind also more attractive by decreasing the cooldown or increasing the damage of the instant spell.

3) Temporal shield is lol...: It's so situational it's rediculus.. Make your lost health return instantly and all of it after those 4 seconds. Or make it 6 seconds. Just change or remove this talent.

5) Ring of frost is nice because it's an instant freeze but why is the cast time 2 seconds... You realy think this will be viable in pvp? 2 Seconds is way to long.

7) Greater invisibilty.. No one but i realy think No one will ever take this talent. The other two, cauterize and cold snap are way better. Make it more attractive and how can you do that. Make it useable while asleep, stunned feared etc.. and let it remove all the dots on the mage. Or make the damage reduction after coming out of invisibilty a longer buff.. like 6 seconds. Or just remove it and think of another NEW talent.

8) Coldsnap: Pls make it a frostspecced spell again and let it work on a lot more frost spells. Re-invent a new survival talent instead. Because after all i think mages didn't get a lot of new spells at all if you compare to other classes.

This being said i'd also like to see a change to the level 90 talents: Invocation and rune of power.

Invocation is very good for arcane PvE since they need a lot of mana and it's a must have for pve. But for frost and fire PvE it feels unorthodox to channel a 6 second spell every 34 seconds while standing still.. we should be either be able to move or reduce the channeling time after a second time casting this spell (while the buff is still on you).

Rune of power.. this on is obvious. The other two give big dmg increases but rune of power gives only 10% dmg increase, which isn't very spectacular. Make it a 20% spellpower increase, or remove the casting time or maybe reduce cooldown to nothing. OR just let them stack. 2 runes is 20% increased spellpower.

Thanks for reading
    1) You're a complete and utter moron if you think 4 seconds of casting while moving for MAGES is anything shy of uneeded, ridiculous and completely over the top. Any more benefits to that spell would be unseemly.

2) Intant sheep isn't enough for you? Anyone who uses PoM on a damage spell in any but the most desperate of circumstances is probably a 1500 hero.

3) Out of all the mage talents I read, this is probably the one I'm most jealous of ... and you're complaining? Frigin mages.

8) The cold snap nerf was needed, QQ harder.

9) You have two other specs to play for PvE, again, QQ harder.

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all,

You'd expect a change in level 90 talent animations but no, they didn't change at all. Incanter's ward = SAME animation as.. yes indeed mana shield.
    Invocation same as evocation.. Be creative pls. It's not purely about the stats, also the animations must be attractive. Give Incanter's ward some colors make it noticable like a purple-red aura or electric spraks around it. Also invocation can be seen as a charging up so.. make it awesome, let the people know that that mage over there is going to be very powerful in about 4-5 seconds for 40 secs long by making it electrical or much more arcane like or maybe a combination of the 3 speccs, fire frost and arcane streams.

Thanks for reading
    1) it's a powerful spell as it is, does not require buffs

2) PoM has always been an amazing spell and continues to be so without any changes.

3) Temporal Shield, to the one who said they're jealous of it - does not require any jealousy on your part. Other spells on that tier are a lot better, particularly Ice Barrier which currently has an insane spell power coefficient and absorbs maybe even too much.

4) it's 1.5 seconds and it's a powerful spell. And it increases your movement speed *by* 150%, not *to* 150%. That means you get a speed of 250 if your previous speed was 100.

5) Ring of frost was changed in such a way because of too many crowd control abilities available, this was announced way way back and so far I've read no complaints. The true pvp mages (which I am not even the slightest) apparently have no quarrels with this change.

6) I can't remember whether Fingers of Frost were changed so they don't give charges when you strike an immune target, but if they still do give charges, this will be a very viable choice for PvE Frost Mages. For PvP, who says it's all about us when we play, maybe we can actually be of use to other people as well with a nice helpful cc.

7) I will use Greater Invisibility as an Arcane mage - it will be amazing for leveling and for solo clearing stuff, daily quests etc. On progress raids, I will choose between any of the three talents based on the requirements of the boss or my raid. In pvp, I will choose Greater Invisibility to get rid of dots and to position myself better or to simply gain the damage reduction for a few seconds. Also, sometimes this damage reduction can be worth more in PvE than having IceBlock, since you can use it twice AND still use iceblock within the same time frame you'd be able to use two iceblocks. It's just a matter of seeing all the possibilities.

8) I completely disagree with your idea. If you allow it to work as before, Frost mages continue to have too much of a burst and too much crowd control and Blizzard has openly stated that they are moving away from such a division and I like this. I like the fact that I'll be able to play Arcane in battlegrounds without my only option being to hide and nuke from a distance until someone reaches me. While I used to be skilled in escaping and killing back in Wrath, Cataclysm provided too much gap-closing and cc options to all classes and it was hardly possible anymore.

As far as the level 90 talents are considered, I'm reading the various criticisms posted around and while I agree they should add new visuals, it's not on the top of my priority list. As someone stated, it would be cool if you could do something that would make other people say "this mage is going to get very powerful in a few seconds". That would be nifty.

I'd rather not have everyone around me know that unless they interrupt me I'll be doing 40% more damage. I'd rather be left alone and powerful.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

15+ Year Old Account
    Alright, I saw this thread when I woke up for class this morning, and I decided to let it sit for a while to see if anything good would come of it. Since then, I've gotten numerous reports and I don't see any constructive criticism or discussion going on. If you're concerned about visuals...then this might be your first beta. From recent memory, RoF went through 5+ iterations before it went live. These talents were JUST introduced in the last build, give it a few weeks and the numbers and animations will be tweaked nicely.

That being said, I don't want to infract anyone for posting here (though some posts are borderline), so I'll just close the thread. Please keep discussion about beta materials in the designated beta thread.
    BfA Beta Time