Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Can you say the Doctor and her husband will be renting your house forever?
    You know that renting, or most of it goes through a contract, let's say 2-10 years. It's really not that hard to rent out your house.

Back to thread starter. I would laugh my ass off if you really went back to your parents. No offense really, not trying to be rude but you just failed big time. You seem to have really nice parents, they want actually to take you back and straighten up your life, even though you left them. It's nothing wrong staying with your parents, stay with them. Of course u around 30+ it would feel a bit odd, but w/e. You actually had the chance to stay with them as they seem nice enough to want you back. But you regardless went out and thought you could live your own life as you wanted but failed miserable. The problem is, if I was the parent, I would have said to you, stay in my home as long as you want. You don't have to worry about food, rents etc. Finish of your studies and feel free to leave whenever you're ready, but when you leave .. you're not supposed to come back. With that I mean it's okey to come back and see your parents to sleep over 2-3 days, or a week for sure. But you will then have to stand on your own feet and live your own life.

Why did you leave in the first place? That is what I can't undertand. Some parents are just way too nice, they have to man up and say that " stay as long a you want, but when you leave you're only comming back as a guest, not to stay." Sounds harsh but that's life, you can't expect your parents to pay of for your the whole road. Your problem was that you left before you were ready, you thought that you had so much with those 300k that you could just live your life.

I'm not trying to pick on you, be rude or anything . I'm just trying to put out a constructive happening and problems you've gotten from leaving the house. Why don't just get a job? Get a cheap rent for 400-500 bucks, get a job and live there. You could easily make a boundle of cash while studying. I myself make up quite a large boundle, to not brag no number is given. Even though I go to school. I wake up 7, go to school to 3-4, straight from there to work up to 10 and come home pretty late. And that 5 times a week. If I can, you can. Just stop being a slacker, I mean you bought a car and other stuff with that last 100k. Maybe that was your problem? Although I found it pretty good that you actually managed to buy off a house and rent it out, + for that.

Summary: Don't go back, stay with your brother until you find a job. As soon as you find a job, start searching for a place to live and you can pretty much maintain a living with school + 3-4 day workdays. It's not going to do any harm. Going back to your parents will just show that you failed. Don't do so. I still admire your parents, they actually want you back..

I couldn't do it. My freedom is worth a lot to me. I would only do it as a last resort.

Any way to increase that 1200 per month coming in? How about a part-time job?

What about finding a spot on your own? What kind of extra costs would you be looking at?

What about finding a friend or a relationship to help with costs and bring in more income?

I would take a look at those things before I decide to move back in with my parents. Just know that moving back in is not necessarily a bad thing. Many people are staying longer at home and some even into their 30's.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    Your brother needs you to help pay rent and the cable bill? And he's dating a woman with 3 children and he's letting them move in? It sounds he's the one that needs to move back in with your parents to get life straightened out...
    I loled, but couldn't agree more. I mean 3 children! Damn, she's a playah!

Stood in the Fire Arthur-the-exalted's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    you seem like a spoiled narcicistic dickhead
    some one sounds like there on there period..LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    1200 a month for a whole house? Damn thats what I pay for a 2 room appartment in a small town. Can't you increase that rent somehow?
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

Why the hell would a Doctor RENT a 200,000 dollar house? I'm sorry but this story doesn't pass my BS-o-meter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have said living with your brother on your own terms would be better than moving back in, that is until you said his GF with three munchkins were on their way. Contrary to what people here are saying, it's ok to rely on your folks for support. It's not ok for you to leech off them forever and have them essentially enable a lazy life, but if you need their help putting stuff back together I see no issue. I've spent a month or so at my folks' house before when things got particularly rough. Don't let people discourage you. I have no idea what your situation is like, but in other words, if you're moving back in to slack off, then that's a bad idea. If you're moving back in to move forward, then yes, I would say it's a good thing temporarily.

Yes move back in with your parents
    #1 give up your sex life
    #2 start going to bed at 10pm
    #3 start going to church with the parents

Though I highly suggest you get a part time job 3-4 days a week to increase your income by $600-$800 a month.
    For instance you could get a job at walmart pushing carts and invest up to 20% of that income into 401k programs or in walmart stock itself allowing you to save up for the future.

(Walmart stocks fluctuate very little normally between $52-$55 per share) and walmart matches whatever you invest up to %10 of your paycheck ensuring profits unless the bottom falls out of the stock market)

Not to mention such a job would give you access to medical/dental insurance, a 401k and walmart also likes to give quarterly bonuses and a 40-60cent pay-raise annually.

So yeah, plan for the future now while your expenses are low, use a job as supplemental income and direct that excess income into the right places.

I use walmart as an example because they are everywhere and it is fairly easy to get a job for them fresh out of highschool regardless of your abilities, not to mention all the perks you get while working for them.
    Last edited by skrump; 2012-06-06 at 03:53 PM.

The red flag is raised that your parents want you to move back with them to "help straighten your life out," meaning they're going to nag you constantly about anything you do. Personally, I would try to avoid this at all costs, but you might feel that it would help motivate you and get you somewhere; it's a personal choice.

I lived with my parents for several months post-college graduation before I got an apartment closer to work. I feel I was in a mildly similar situation, because I did end up clashing with my dad a bunch, which was one of the main driving factors for me to finally move out. If you're not around home as much for college or whatever, this could be less of an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Move back in & use the oppurtunity to save money, your still very very young.

FYI, where do you live? $1200 a month is a small rent for a whole house.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

While reading this I thought heck no, I would NEVER move back with my parents unless it were EXTREMELY NECESSARY (and I wouldn't stay for a minute more than I must.)

BUT

Then I saw My brother also has a girlfriend who has 3 kids moving in with him, and honestly, fuck.that.shit. Move in with your parents! They'll be more tolerable than your brother, his gf and 3 snotty kids!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochglen View Post
    I am wondering if Blizzard are going to give the Alliance the 5 mounts because the worgen have running wild, the horde have 5 new mounts , i just think they should balance it out, how say you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    hows about you give half your money to africa because you have more than them, and it's not balanced
    no? didn't think so

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Why the hell would a Doctor RENT a 200,000 dollar house? I'm sorry but this story doesn't pass my BS-o-meter.
    I had the same thought reading it originally.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

wow, lucky you, you're 20 years old, and already a landlord.

anyway, sounds like you should move back, since your parents want you there, and your brother needs room.
    but I'd look for a place to live by myself - I didn't want to live with parents, yet I did have a job when I moved out (after college)