Page 1 of 9
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Elemental Lord Snowraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    8,943

    PETA launches adult site to defend animal rights

    So, not sure you knew, PETA was thinking of launching an adult site to lure people and then spread their message. Well... they did.
    First, contrary to what was stated about this before, there doesn't seem to be any full nude pictures or videos (the hardcore videos are actually about the animals getting hurt, so that's the hardcore part, seeing how chicken and other animals are treated and stuff). There are some NSFW pictures, though I didn't see any nipple or full nudity, in the pictures where they show the naked demonstrators, they're actually always covered by some plank with a message.

    Seems quite a few celebrities support them, Sasha Grey, Jenna Jameson, Ron Jeremy etc.
    Overall... it's not what you think, so it's not a porn site, it's more a site meant to lure you there under the pretex of being a porn site when in fact it wants to send a message. I may not fully agree with the message but... everyone with their own.

    So, if you want to check it out, since it's not a porn site, here it is:
    http://peta.xxx/Default.aspx

    There are some NSFW pics there though, you've been warned, just no true nudity but I'd imagine that it can't be nice if your coworker sees the tags they put there like "sexy pictures", "hardcore videos" etc.


    What do you think of this?

  2. #2
    Herald of the Titans Theodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,839
    PETA seem to be crazy extremists that do crazy extreme stuff to force their message on to others, but tend to get things totally wrong and do more harm than good to the cause they're fighting for. I think this is going to generate more interest in what they do but it's not going to be of the type they can actually use.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

  3. #3
    PETA isn't even remotely interested in a serious discussion about the morality of animal "rights"; they've already determined a priori that animals (at least the cuddly sorts) have equal rights to humans and are willing to take extreme actions to support these ideals. As such, I don't take them seriously, but regard them as essentially equivalent to religious lunatics.

  4. #4
    I do not care about PETA at all or anything they say. They are a useless organization.

  5. #5
    Pandaren Monk Silhouette of Seraphim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Y'ha-nthlei
    Posts
    1,939
    I think you could say they they're trying to...

    "Raise" your "awareness."

    AWWWWW YEAH
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    PETA isn't even remotely interested in a serious discussion about the morality of animal "rights"; they've already determined a priori that animals (at least the cuddly sorts) have equal rights to humans and are willing to take extreme actions to support these ideals. As such, I don't take them seriously, but regard them as essentially equivalent to religious lunatics.
    /thread.

    PETA is not taken seriously by anyone and this only makes them look like bigger fools.

  7. #7
    Peta is a terrorist organization, while the pictures were amusing (in a freak sideshow sort of way) they and the videos did little to make me care about their extremist views.

  8. #8
    I'm at work so I won't click the link but this is pretty fitting for PETA because they are already the biggest attention whores.

  9. #9
    Elemental Lord Snowraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    8,943
    Yes, I don't know, I can understand them trying to spread their view, even if they're kind of extremists... but... luring people to their message by the false pretext of a porn site? Wut? I don't know, it just seems like a stupid idea, I mean if someone goes to a porn site and let's say he gets linked there I doubt he/she will stay, I mean they didn't go there to see how chickens are killed, they went to watch porn.

  10. #10
    Scarab Lord Jaxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yogurt.
    Posts
    4,065
    Someone, somewhere is going to jack it to their site while eating a buffalo wing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

  11. #11
    Dreadlord Forgottenone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Raven Hill, Duskwood
    Posts
    859
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    PETA isn't even remotely interested in a serious discussion about the morality of animal "rights"; they've already determined a priori that animals (at least the cuddly sorts) have equal rights to humans and are willing to take extreme actions to support these ideals. As such, I don't take them seriously, but regard them as essentially equivalent to religious lunatics.
    Reading this reminded me of how I use to think of them BEFORE Wotlk, similar to the Scarlet Crusade XD

  12. #12
    PETA is still relevant? Ugh. That organization just needs to die off already. They don't do anybody any good.

  13. #13
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The stars
    Posts
    1,790
    The last news I heard of PETA operating in my country is when they forcibly 'rescued' about 5000 mink being bred for fur.
    While I don't agree with fur-farms, here's what happened.
    The brave and heroic PETA stole into the place in the middle of the night, wrecked for about 20.000 bucks worth of property and set loose 5000 animals NOT INDIGINOUS to the region... near winter...
    Just about ALL of them died.

    "But they died free" PETA would argue.

    In the end it might've been better that they died. I shudder to think what might've happened if a population of 5000 immigrant species carnivores would've survived D:

    Participant in the Rhonin Diaries 1, 2, 3 and 4.
    Not the best Rogue in the world, just a Tribute.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    Someone, somewhere is going to jack it to their site while eating a buffalo wing.
    I threw up a little.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    Someone, somewhere is going to jack it to their site while eating a buffalo wing.
    Best comment ever, today ima eat a nice meal of meat to counter this PETA crap.

    ---------- Post added 2012-06-06 at 03:09 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Valleera View Post
    The last news I heard of PETA operating in my country is when they forcibly 'rescued' about 5000 mink being bred for fur.
    While I don't agree with fur-farms, here's what happened.
    The brave and heroic PETA stole into the place in the middle of the night, wrecked for about 20.000 bucks worth of property and set loose 5000 animals NOT INDIGINOUS to the region... near winter...
    Just about ALL of them died.

    "But they died free" PETA would argue.

    In the end it might've been better that they died. I shudder to think what might've happened if a population of 5000 immigrant species carnivores would've survived D:
    Peta probably killed more animals then they save

  16. #16
    PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals

  17. #17
    if you would rather go naked than wear fur, than go naked.

    this half assed "im naked, but covered with a sign teehee" doesn't convince me of anything other that you want to be noticed on a personal level.
    no i'm not just saying this to see naked women, though that's a clear plus, i'm pointing out that PETA refuses to back their supposed convictions. just another in a long line of PETA feeding the world a line and failing to observe it themselves.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

    Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

  18. #18
    Herald of the Titans Theodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,839
    Someone needs to make a hardcore 'PETA' (People Eating Tasty Animals) website and have massive amounts of epic mealtime-esque food being eaten by models. OMNOMNOM THAT'S A TASTY CHICKEN BREAST STEAK WRAPPED IN BACON THAT IS STUFFED IN A TURKEY WRAPPED IN BACON THAT IS WRAPPED IN CHOCOLATE!

    You won't have to worry about being sued as CBS interactive will likely claim copyright ownership first anyway.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    Someone needs to make a hardcore 'PETA' (People Eating Tasty Animals) website and have massive amounts of epic mealtime-esque food being eaten by models. OMNOMNOM THAT'S A TASTY CHICKEN BREAST STEAK WRAPPED IN BACON THAT IS STUFFED IN A TURKEY WRAPPED IN BACON THAT IS WRAPPED IN CHOCOLATE!

    You won't have to worry about being sued as CBS interactive will likely claim copyright ownership first anyway.
    Totally willing to do that, but won't feel like paying for hosting for more then a month tho >.>

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    Someone needs to make a hardcore 'PETA' (People Eating Tasty Animals) website and have massive amounts of epic mealtime-esque food being eaten by models. OMNOMNOM THAT'S A TASTY CHICKEN BREAST STEAK WRAPPED IN BACON THAT IS STUFFED IN A TURKEY WRAPPED IN BACON THAT IS WRAPPED IN CHOCOLATE!

    You won't have to worry about being sued as CBS interactive will likely claim copyright ownership first anyway.
    Rule 34 is very much in effect here.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •