Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Patch 1.03 Design Preview

So blizzard listen to people complains about drops...

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/626...-6_6_2012#blog

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Very nice a 100% chance to get a rare with a 5 stack? That's good enough for me

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Alcatraz- View Post
    Very nice a 100% chance to get a rare with a 5 stack? That's good enough for me
    Agreed! I also would like to know the current drop rates to see how much of a chance this would actually be.

10+ Year Old Account
    To me it doesn't really address the issue since odds are I'll still be finding nothing but strength gear on my Witch Doctor.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    To me it doesn't really address the issue since odds are I'll still be finding nothing but strength gear on my Witch Doctor.
    Welcome to diablo.

No, seriously. Only gear that will, ever, have fixed stats will be legendaries, and even those always had small randomizations.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    well, you are free to trade those

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by levandor View Post
    Or sell them for amazing amounts of money with the right stats of course hopefully

Interesting changes all around. I like most of them but the fact that they're making champion/rare farming EVEN MORE compelling than bosses than it already is is a little silly.

Also the repair cost change is absolutely dumb. People only graveyard zerg because of the stupidity that is Act II+ inferno. Once they nerf that people will stop doing it. Adding additional repair costs or making the cost for deaths steeper in any way isn't a solution to a problem that's already getting fixed. And again, we're not playing hardcore for a reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by levandor View Post
    Which I do. But that's the problem, Diablo 3 feels like a job. I go to work farming gear I cant use, sell it to get gold, and then I buy gear so that I can better farm gear I cant use.

It's feeling a bit dull to say the least.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting. Very interesting.

Hallelujah reduced blacksmithing costs...
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

10+ Year Old Account
    any info on the time this patch witll hit ?

I like how I try to login and it says there's a patch available, then I try to update and it says my game is up to date. I checked the server status and US servers are down once again. Nice

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grraarrgghh View Post
    Hallelujah reduced blacksmithing costs...
    Which is also odd to me given the inflation issues we're seeing right now. I would expect more gold sinks, not less, to drive the value of gold up.

---------- Post added 2012-06-06 at 04:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hayro1 View Post
    I like how I try to login and it says there's a patch available, then I try to update and it says my game is up to date. I checked the server status and US servers are down once again. Nice
    The text on the login screen says the servers will be down from 5PST to 11PST.

-Kujako-

Which I do. But that's the problem, Diablo 3 feels like a job. I go to work farming gear I cant use, sell it to get gold, and then I buy gear so that I can better farm gear I cant use.

It's feeling a bit dull to say the least.
    Strange, because for me it does not feel like a job at all, shure most drops i get i cant use, i dont even trade much, if at all, only giving some stuff to friends, most items just get vendored,

maybe its more your pov that makes it feel like that?

I mean, the whole game is about nothing else then klicking things to death, watching a rain of colorfull items drop to the ground, the second you, for example, WOULD get all those set items, and those perfect weapons, there would be nothing left to do in diablo 3, because you couldnt get any better, so maybe try to see it as exactly that maybe? A game about hunting things for fun and cheers

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    any info on the time this patch witll hit ?
    Not really... I think this week they are going to deploy patch 1.02b

Oh I know, I just find it hilarious US is the only one down ATM.

Which is also odd to me given the inflation issues we're seeing right now. I would expect more gold sinks, not less, to drive the value of gold up.

---------- Post added 2012-06-06 at 04:02 PM ----------

The text on the login screen says the servers will be down from 5PST to 11PST.
    Dramatically increased repair costs in an endgame filled with death isn't a big gold sink? Especially considering that a lot of the crafting costs were so bad as to be very unappealing to use, making their function as a gold sink pretty bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    4x-6x repair cost should fix that nicely.

We’re currently evaluating repair costs between 4x and 6x their current values.
    Well that just about puts a nail in the coffin for me. Im already barely working my way through act 1, its not uncommon to die being overwhelmed by normal mobs or to have a champ pack just destroy me. I have had good nights where I run an hour or so between red gear repairs but some times I'm repairing a bit more often.

I started inferno with about 50k gold, IM sitting around 40k now, between pots and repairs. I haven't bought any gear, nor been able to sell anything of value, I haven't been able to do any crafting. If this change goes though I'm done, I'm not going to farm hell just to pay for repairs for inferno.