Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    4x-6x repair cost should fix that nicely.
    Perhaps. I guess I just dont die enough for that to be much of a factor. But it is true that the smithing costs where too high to be attractive (especially since I seem to get nothing but strength gear from the smith just as I do from drops).
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Well that just about puts a nail in the coffin for me. Im already barely working my way through act 1, its not uncommon to die being overwhelmed by normal mobs or to have a champ pack just destroy me. I have had good nights where I run an hour or so between red gear repairs but some times I'm repairing a bit more often.

I started inferno with about 50k gold, IM sitting around 40k now, between pots and repairs. I haven't bought any gear, nor been able to sell anything of value, I haven't been able to do any crafting. If this change goes though I'm done, I'm not going to farm hell just to pay for repairs for inferno.
    You oughta go back to Hell and farm there. No shame in doing that, it's by design. Farming gear to proceed is necessity and the very core of Diablo. Getting All resistance items helps A LOT.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the changes overall, especially the smoothing out of the Act II Inferno difficulty ramp. God that is painful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    You oughta go back to Hell and farm there. No shame in doing that, it's by design. Farming gear to proceed is necessity and the very core of Diablo.
    By which you mean farming gold to BUY gear.

I understand the necessity of encouraging players to use the auction house, since the "real money" version will be what pays to keep the servers running, but it still annoys me.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

I personally don't see the point in upping repair costs....because they're going to be ridiculous if you have to repair all your items in yellow for ~30k each time. That's quite a bit for -one- repair session.

Patch looks great, cannot wait.

What? You mean since the game is online they can just go in and change things to balance the game and make players happy? Has anyone informed Lionhead studios (Fable) that bugs/cheats/balance can be fixed with online bug fixes. I don't think they know yet, or care...

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Well that just about puts a nail in the coffin for me. Im already barely working my way through act 1, its not uncommon to die being overwhelmed by normal mobs or to have a champ pack just destroy me. I have had good nights where I run an hour or so between red gear repairs but some times I'm repairing a bit more often.

I started inferno with about 50k gold, IM sitting around 40k now, between pots and repairs. I haven't bought any gear, nor been able to sell anything of value, I haven't been able to do any crafting. If this change goes though I'm done, I'm not going to farm hell just to pay for repairs for inferno.
    You probably should not be playing diablo3 then. If you are struggling this much to come up with 50k gold you are doing something wrong. You should have found at least a few pieces on your way to Inferno that would sell on the AH for hundreds of thousands, and even if you havn't managed to find that much gold, the amount of gold you acquire from 1-60 is plenty.

That said, they are increasing the chances of gear dropping so it should compensate for the higher repair costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Which I do. But that's the problem, Diablo 3 feels like a job. I go to work farming gear I cant use, sell it to get gold, and then I buy gear so that I can better farm gear I cant use.

It's feeling a bit dull to say the least.
    So, um, isn't that exactly what D2 was too? The only difference is now instead of standing around circle jerking in a trade channel/game where no one wants your shit and no one has anything you want, you use gold as a medium. Problem?

Looks like another case of nostalgia blindness to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    So, um, isn't that exactly what D2 was too? The only difference is now instead of standing around circle jerking in a trade channel/game where no one wants your shit and no one has anything you want, you use gold as a medium. Problem?

Looks like another case of nostalgia to me.
    I never traded/sold in Diablo 2. I was able to find gear that I could actually use. In Diablo 3, all the gear I use comes from the auction house.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Alcatraz- View Post
    Very nice a 100% chance to get a rare with a 5 stack? That's good enough for me
    ... And one of those has a chance to be an ilevel higher in act 1 and 2?! Thank you Jebus!

Quote Originally Posted by -Alcatraz- View Post
    Or sell them for amazing amounts of money with the right stats of course hopefully
    I thought this was a gear grinding game, not a stash and/or sell game.

I never traded/sold in Diablo 2. I was able to find gear that I could actually use. In Diablo 3, all the gear I use comes from the auction house.
    Congratulations sir, you are likely the luckiest man on Earth. I would recommond buying a lottery ticket. Either that or you struggled your way/got carried through Hell, if you made it that far at all in D2.

Quote Originally Posted by Grraarrgghh View Post
    Hallelujah reduced blacksmithing costs...
    inorite, too bad I already wasted so much on mine

Same with stupid ass gem upgrades, it took me a while to notice the gold cost at which point I took the "fuck this" approach.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larwood View Post
    I thought this was a gear grinding game, not a stash and/or sell game.
    D3 is the AH, Only flaw about it however got to adapt. I didn't quit wow to not like the game :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that because the AH as an easy way to trade for gear so you don't wait to find better gear? If there was an AH in D2, you wouldn't upgrade you gear through it?

I've found plenty of gear I would wear if there was no AH, but now I sell them to trade for even better gear. The AH suffers from a problem, where the odds are, one of the many people posting on AH have an inherently better chance at finding an item that's better than you have, simply because you are one and they are many. If there was no AH, the problem would be flipped, people would have sub optimal gear and have little access to upgrade beyond RNG. I prefer the current problem, to the alternative.
    Last edited by Felya; 2012-06-06 at 04:29 PM.

Liking that they are lessening the gap between Act1 and 2 Inferno.

Also loving all the Wiz and DH's QQing about them nerfing it. Go play a Barbarian and/or Monk in Inferno and THEN your opinion about Inferno difficulty jumps will be validated. Until then, your words mean nothing and your tears are delicious.

The jump is rediculous, my Barb can absolutely steamroll Act1. I can go 100% offensive and nuke down just about any elite pack in under the 15 second duration of Wrath of the Berserker. And yet, in Act2 I get 1-2 shot by the first white mob (while using my DEFENSIVE build no less!).

Oh, and don't tell me to get resists...I have 600+ in all resists, about 30k hp and 6kish armor (before talents and shout, closer to 9-10k after) when I have my shield out. I farm act1 with similar stats but drop the shield for a 2h.

The ramp up in difficulty was just too extreme. In fact, I would go so far as to say there is no actual difficulty curve from Act1 to Act2, it just shoots up at a right angle. My suggestion is to reduce mob damage, increase their hp. Longer fights but less burst damage.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Deleted
    Diablo 3 is a pretty hard game, Hell difficulty definitely isn't for everyone and we are also adding 4th difficulty called Inferno. Inferno is so hard not even our employees could beat it, it will be obly for th best of the best.

Three weeks after game release: lol fuck it, we are nerfing Inferno even though it's obviously clearable by both groups and all classes solo. There you go casuals, god forbid you'd actually have to work for something.

I like the changes overall. The IAS nerf should balance out at least a little bit the Act 2+ nerfs.

A little concerned about increased repair costs though. Right now, it's a waste of time to graveyard zerg something anyway, but people do it for a sense of accomplishment to finally beat it. I know I spent a lot of time dying to Inferno Butcher trying to beat him with my undergeared low DPS build and in the process learned a ton about how to improve my own play and how to identify every little detail in the fight. Increased repair costs would drive people to avoid any fights where odds are stacked against you.

wtf are they thinking with repair cost being increase 4 to 6 times ... i would accept doubling them but 4 times is a kill .. it will cost maybe 16-25k gold to repair ... that is a kill

Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    Diablo 3 is a pretty hard game, Hell difficulty definitely isn't for everyone and we are also adding 4th difficulty called Inferno. Inferno is so hard not even our employees could beat it, it will be obly for th best of the best.

Three weeks after game release: lol fuck it, we are nerfing Inferno even though it's obviously clearable by both groups and all classes solo. There you go casuals, god forbid you'd actually have to work for something.

You obviously haven't done Inferno. Playing in act 3 with my very well geared monk and being 4-5 shot by something that is ranged and constantly runs from me is not balanced.
    Desktop: i7 6700k @ 4.8GHz | MSI 1080ti Gaming X | EVGA Classified K | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw V @ 3200MHz | Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (OS) Micron 2TB SSD (Games) | Seasonic 750W Titanium | Corsair 750D | Acer x34 Predator Benq PD3200U
    HIDevolution NP9877 Laptop: Delidded i7 8700k @ 4.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 1080 | 16GB G.Skill @ 2946MHz | Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (OS) 2x 500GB SSDs (Games) | 1440p 120HZ GSync Display