Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mandus View Post
    wtf are they thinking with repair cost being increase 4 to 6 times ... i would accept doubling them but 4 times is a kill .. it will cost maybe 16-25k gold to repair ... that is a kill
    Yeah It's to discourge spawn zerging but people that actually do it legitly suffer the most outa of it which is pretty horrible. I hope they revert that I'm rich but that's just ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by hapylol View Post
    You probably should not be playing diablo3 then. If you are struggling this much to come up with 50k gold you are doing something wrong. You should have found at least a few pieces on your way to Inferno that would sell on the AH for hundreds of thousands, and even if you havn't managed to find that much gold, the amount of gold you acquire from 1-60 is plenty.

That said, they are increasing the chances of gear dropping so it should compensate for the higher repair costs.
    I spent a bit of gold on AH and the pony staff. I have 2 tabs of shit in my stash that won't sell. I just haven't been making much gold to compensate for all the other stuff and this repair change will essentially make it so I'm barely breaking even and even at a loss until I find the gear I want/need.

Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    Diablo 3 is a pretty hard game, Hell difficulty definitely isn't for everyone and we are also adding 4th difficulty called Inferno. Inferno is so hard not even our employees could beat it, it will be obly for th best of the best.

Three weeks after game release: lol fuck it, we are nerfing Inferno even though it's obviously clearable by both groups and all classes solo. There you go casuals, god forbid you'd actually have to work for something.
    TBH this was kinda my thought too, and was totally expected. Hell, I expected it sooner. Not really bothered by it, just find it funny. "Gamers" these days...

I would like it if you could pay to repair all the gear in your bank slots, its a pain when you put stuff in there to sell later, get in auction house and see the stuff is red and cant be sold because it needs to be repaired, then you go back through the game and theres no way to tell what all needs to be repaired besides dragging your mouse over everything and noticing which are 53/54. My bank slots are not all that organized either, there is stuff I intend to use on an alt and stuff I want to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I would like it if you could pay to repair all the gear in your bank slots, its a pain when you put stuff in there to sell later, get in auction house and see the stuff is red and cant be sold because it needs to be repaired, then you go back through the game and theres no way to tell what all needs to be repaired besides dragging your mouse over everything and noticing which are 53/54. My bank slots are not all that organized either, there is stuff I intend to use on an alt and stuff I want to sell.
    You'll be able to AH broken gear soon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    I spent a bit of gold on AH and the pony staff. I have 2 tabs of shit in my stash that won't sell. I just haven't been making much gold to compensate for all the other stuff and this repair change will essentially make it so I'm barely breaking even and even at a loss until I find the gear I want/need.
    Just vendor it then. If its level 60 you'll get 1100+ gold from each. 2 full tabs could be 100k easily. I just spent 450k buying 3 level 60 rares. I'm back to 200k from a few hours running though act 1 inferno. With 5 stacks of neph you make tons of gold off everything. If its a crap rare it wont ever sell. Take a quick profit and move on.

Diablo 3 is a pretty hard game, Hell difficulty definitely isn't for everyone and we are also adding 4th difficulty called Inferno. Inferno is so hard not even our employees could beat it, it will be obly for th best of the best.

Three weeks after game release: lol fuck it, we are nerfing Inferno even though it's obviously clearable by both groups and all classes solo. There you go casuals, god forbid you'd actually have to work for something.

Meh. The game has been cleared by a lot of people cheesing fights or abusing broken spells. How many hps did the world first Inferno Diablo kill player have again? Lol. I guess he "worked for it" by playing a crapton so he could abuse a broken skill a lot more than other players.

Inferno is so hard their employees couldn't do it....yet within a week monks, wizards, and demon hunters were exploiting their way through it using broken builds. Want to know why? Odds are their employees played Inferno multiplayer. The game is exponentially HARDER when you play multiplayer, and it will remain this way until 1.03 where they make the mobs damage no longer go up. If you play SINGLE player the damage is far lower.

Then there is us Barbarians. Supposedly the toughest of all the classes in terms of defense. A raw beast of might, muscle and power....who die quicker than Wizards do even after their force armor nerf. That's not skill that's poor design. Ranged classes can pretty much jump right into inferno and kite away while melee have to spends millions on the AH buying overpriced gear that said ranged placed up just to SURVIVE. Especially when you consider most of the Elite affixes hurt melee more, we have to stand in desecrates, plagues, molten and get hit point blank by fire chains and electric hits. Ranged can avoid this all while still kiting.

Tell me, what class do you play? My money is on that you play a ranged class and know nothing of the horrors that is Inferno as a Melee.

The difficulty in Inferno is all over the place, Act1 is faceroll easy and then you hit act2 and its like running into a brick wall. So you go back to farm Act1 only to realize that most of the gear that drops is horribly itemized and wouldn't even cut it in Nightmare (seriously, I know random loot is random but what is with all these level 60 items with 100-200 dps. The worst part is most of these I find have great other stats but that horrible dps makes them useless). So gearing is mainly gold farming and using the AH.

The Blacksmith was supposed to help with this, he was supposed to make mid-tier items. The issue here is that the prices on them are outrageous when you consider the fact that their itemization is also random and you can put down millions into making a SINGLE piece and not get the stats you need. Whereas you can just go to the AH plop down the same million and get 1-2 pieces of properly itemized gear.

Difficulty is one thing (I love a good challenge, so I hope they dont nerf it TO THE GROUND. I just want it to be realistic, especially considering they said from the get-go that ALL SPECS should be able to clear this content) being poorly designed is another. Inferno was not tested enough.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Which is also odd to me given the inflation issues we're seeing right now. I would expect more gold sinks, not less, to drive the value of gold up.

---------- Post added 2012-06-06 at 04:02 PM ----------

The text on the login screen says the servers will be down from 5PST to 11PST.
    Not really if the blacksmith can start making quality items on par with what you could buy for a fraction of the price, it would start driving down the prices of the AH, but would in turn raise the prices of new items to teach your blacksmith through the roof.

So...

-Good items dropping in Act 1/Act 2 Inferno
    HUZZAH! Yes, this is wonderful. Now you can actually farm Act 1 and 2 for gear, instead of just vendoring everything because it's terrible.

-Smoothing difficulty ramp in Inferno
    Fuck yes. Act II felt like a slap-in-the-face brick-wall of difficulty, despite the fact that I could steamroll Act I.

-More rares from Elite packs
    Cool, more incentive to go and farm them instead of bosses.

-Jeweler/BS reduced prices
    YES! Fucking things are overpriced as shit. Well done, blizzard.

Can't wait for this patch!
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Inferno is so hard their employees couldn't do it....yet within a week monks, wizards, and demon hunters were exploiting their way through it using broken builds. Want to know why? Odds are their employees played Inferno multiplayer. The game is exponentially HARDER when you play multiplayer, and it will remain this way until 1.03 where they make the mobs damage no longer go up. If you play SINGLE player the damage is far lower.
    Most of those world first kills had help as well. They had multiple teams of players funneling items to one person so they could reach the world 1st kill. So add in exploits, broken skills and inflated gear and you see Inferno beat early. A normal person playing solo won't have the gear advantage these early kills received. A couple months in as everyone has had time to farm gold to buy AH items we should see a lot more Inferno kills.

The difficulty in Inferno is all over the place, Act1 is faceroll easy and then you hit act2 and its like running into a brick wall. So you go back to farm Act1 only to realize that most of the gear that drops is horribly itemized and wouldn't even cut it in Nightmare (seriously, I know random loot is random but what is with all these level 60 items with 100-200 dps. The worst part is most of these I find have great other stats but that horrible dps makes them useless). So gearing is mainly gold farming and using the AH.
    This makes me laugh and believe I should stick to Mario... I have yet to experience the facerolll easy part of Act1, I die so much... Not to mention if I even make it to the butcher, there is no way in hell I can beat him before his enrage timer.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Then there is us Barbarians. Supposedly the toughest of all the classes in terms of defense. A raw beast of might, muscle and power....who die quicker than Wizards do even after their force armor nerf. That's not skill that's poor design. Ranged classes can pretty much jump right into inferno and kite away while melee have to spends millions on the AH buying overpriced gear that said ranged placed up just to SURVIVE. Especially when you consider most of the Elite affixes hurt melee more, we have to stand in desecrates, plagues, molten and get hit point blank by fire chains and electric hits. Ranged can avoid this all while still kiting.

Tell me, what class do you play? My money is on that you play a ranged class and know nothing of the horrors that is Inferno as a Melee.

The Blacksmith was supposed to help with this, he was supposed to make mid-tier items. The issue here is that the prices on them are outrageous when you consider the fact that their itemization is also random and you can put down millions into making a SINGLE piece and not get the stats you need. Whereas you can just go to the AH plop down the same million and get 1-2 pieces of properly itemized gear.

Difficulty is one thing (I love a good challenge, so I hope they dont nerf it TO THE GROUND. I just want it to be realistic, especially considering they said from the get-go that ALL SPECS should be able to clear this content) being poorly designed is another. Inferno was not tested enough.
    Do you always just make stuff up? I play a monk, wizard, and barb. My wizard gets 1 shot in inferno with FA, my monk can last 10-15 seconds, and my barb can last 3x that long. I have spent equal amounts of gold on all characters(roughly 5 mil) so don't act like I put 100+ mil on my barb.

Stop making things up to try and prove a point.

I find it funny that people scream "nerfing inferno for casuals!" when all of the true casual gamers i know are still on normal or nightmare.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snwboardn View Post
    This makes me laugh and believe I should stick to Mario... I have yet to experience the facerolll easy part of Act1, I die so much... Not to mention if I even make it to the butcher, there is no way in hell I can beat him before his enrage timer.
    What class are you playing?

Quote Originally Posted by hapylol View Post
    What class are you playing?
    Barb... I actually got my dps up from 5k to 10k which helps out big time. But I just learned about block chance, plus the 20% dodge... Before I was stacking resistance only and had like 10% chance to block. Right now I think my biggest problem is I only have 22k health. My lowest Resist with Warcry is 750, so base of like 300 something.

*Edit... I also just learned that it is better to go with one item that has 200 strength, and then another item with 200 Vit, because in the long run it is WAY cheaper than getting two items that both have 100 str, and 100 vit.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snwboardn View Post
    Barb... I actually got my dps up from 5k to 10k which helps out big time. But I just learned about block chance, plus the 20% dodge... Before I was stacking resistance only and had like 10% chance to block. Right now I think my biggest problem is I only have 22k health. My lowest Resist with Warcry is 750, so base of like 300 something.
    You will not survive with 22k health in Inferno. Rough stats is you want your vit to be 320 higher than your resists. So if you have 500 resists, you want 820 vit. For a barb this scales higher and you will probably want more than 350 but this is the basic.

Don't focus much on STR as much as getting health to ~50k+.

I dunno if I like these changes. Even a small chance for the best gear in the game to drop in Act1 inferno is facked imo

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekowaffle View Post
    I dunno if I like these changes. Even a small chance for the best gear in the game to drop in Act1 inferno is facked imo
    Act I still drops Hell lvl like items, Still terrible. Butcher farming with 300% MF + AND I still got garbage hhaha

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekowaffle View Post
    Yes and No. The question I have is whether the 2% is from any mob or what.

If 100% magic find(which is extremely low if swapping MF gear) turns 1% into 2%, does that also turn 24% into 48%? What about people that are sitting at almost 300 MF with 5 stacks?

Add to that we will get 1 gauranteed rare and I can see a whole lot of good drops coming our way.