Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicochon View Post
    some people do not give a *** about hardcore gameplay (I'm talking about the spirit behind playing well) and just want to burn sometime. This is why I don't play hardcore,when I log on I just want to relax play for fun and try different fail build for fun. Playing hardcore would mean I couldn't try stupid build whenever I want which gives me a lot of fun.
    That's how I am with games. I like to chose a setting that is relatively easy, but gives a bit of challenge. When I'm playing games, I don't want to get stressed beating on some boss and failing 20 times. Usually when I tell myself to play on a hard mode, I switch it back 30 minutes later because I can't be assed to try. I get frustrated too easily.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Rifter View Post
    Hardcore death due to lag would make me toss my computer through a wall, thus I don't play hardcore.
    Reasons like this are exactly why im not playing hardcore. You now have to be logged into battle.net etc to play unlike D2. Any sort of DC and lag and your dead. Fuck that.

Quote Originally Posted by Redcinder View Post
    Reasons like this are exactly why im not playing hardcore. You now have to be logged into battle.net etc to play unlike D2. Any sort of DC and lag and your dead. Fuck that.

I was thinking about making a hardcore demon hunter (as the most glass-cannon-style of the D3 toons, i figured it would be quite a feat) until tonight. After the ridiculous lag that hit pretty much the entirety of battle.net (i know WoW and D3 were affected, not sure about SC2), i reconsidered ever wanting to try HC. I may eventually, but i doubt i'd risk any difficulty level past nightmare.

Deleted
    I've recently started playing HC, but I've almost died on multiple occasions because I still have the mindset of SC (saw a goblin in act 3, rushed after it and didn't care that a lot of mobs was aggroing me, I just thought I'd kill the goblin then come back after I ress to loot, then it hit me that there is no ressing, so had to run like a madman).
    But as long as you're playing carefully it's okay, think before you act in HC and it should work out just fine.
    Also avoid playing if your net is acting up obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Tjamen View Post
    So you're just going to flat out deny that practicnig something makes you better at it? That is pretty narrow-minded my friend!
    And also, your accusations and assumptions about me are pretty pointless actually, not only because they're terribly wrong, but also because its not at all relevant to the discussion.
    Not flat out denying that practice CAN make you better and time CAN improve skill, however, this is not always the case. Sometimes people are naturally good at certain tasks, and sometimes people can practice a task for years and never get better. Talk to any good piano/guitar teacher. They will tell you practice no more than 15 minutes a day, and it's better to practice with them anyway because people tend to practice wrong and then have to unlearn habits made while practicing incorrectly. They also probably have a student or 2 who have been learning for years and still can't play for shit.
    Last edited by Lathais; 2012-06-11 at 02:41 PM.

If you want to take it up a notch from there, play EVE. Diablo 3 hardcore is carebear by comparison =-p

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    If you want to take it up a notch from there, play EVE. Diablo 3 hardcore is carebear by comparison =-p
    I play EVE and I dont agree with your statement. In EVE you lose your "gear" when you die, in D3 you lose both the char and the gear. If you are lucky you can even get a good portion of your items back if you die on missions.

I don't have the most reliable connection ever, and I've heard a lot of horror stories about people losing their HC characters because of lag/disconnects. I'd end up getting a huge lag spike and rubber banding back into the mob I'm trying to kite/run away from (or even worse, into a big pool of fire, arcane death beams, etc). I'd put a fist through my monitor if some stupid ridiculous lag spike came out of nowhere and permanently killed my character.

So......no thanks. Unless Blizzard decides to help with potential connection problems by giving us an offline play option for HC characters (unlikely), I'll pass.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2012-06-11 at 03:08 PM.

If the game wasn't online only I would play hardcore, but dying to lag because Blizzard are greedy douchebags just isn't my idea of fun.

This is one of the most relevant reasons you should not be playing hardcore at this time

Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebthet View Post
    This is one of the most relevant reasons you should not be playing hardcore at this time
    did that wiz just get one shot randomly for no reason? im confused..

playing HC on anything other than a tanky melee seems masochistic tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viriya View Post

There is a MAJOR bug (pun intended) going around right now where wasp babies (the things they shoot that hit incredibly hard) are invisible sometimes and they just destroy people. Absolutely no way to get around it, if it happens, you're dead.

Another reason not to play hardcore: The huge percentage of hardcore players that died yesterday due to major (random) lag spikes. Thousands of high lvl characters all died due to Blizzard's servers lagging. Just can't play it til the game stabilizes, which I'm afraid might be never.

Quote Originally Posted by Viriya View Post

As the video title suggests, it's a major bug for which some bees are simply invisible.
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

I would love to play it actually, but there are too many potentially devastating outside factors I can't influence, such as lag, or even a bug.

Or also the fact that you randomly spawn directly inside a dungeon although you disconnected when in town. Things like that which aren't intuitive (=> you might forget about it easier) and don't make much sense. Hope that will be fixed.

*MAYBE* I'll start a hardcore character much later, when the game is out for like 3+ years and it's pretty much finished, i.e. all bugs fixed and no more server problems.
    But playing hardcore when the game is still brand-new is just asking for a stupid death.

Sadly I can't do hardcore at the moment, since I live in Florida and we get thunderstorms almost every day in the summer. Also, Comcast.

I get no enjoyment out of lvling a character through the entire game with 0 deaths. The chance to lose all my gear at a moments notice doesn't do it for me. If I am going to play a game I don't want to have my time wasted just for a more difficult difficulty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebthet View Post

Yep, after 231 hours, my computer would be out the fucking window.

Followed shortly by the desk.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    I play EVE and I dont agree with your statement. In EVE you lose your "gear" when you die, in D3 you lose both the char and the gear. If you are lucky you can even get a good portion of your items back if you die on missions.
    That's true, its not a full reset (unless u get podded without upgrading your clone). But then again, you dont have people join your game and murder you in D3 either, now do you?

lets just face it: blizzard ruined diablo