Deleted

Computer kept turning off now cant load games.

Yesterday while playing Diablo my computer shut down without warning and wouldnt start back up until i had left it for 5 minutes. I assume it had overheated but Diablo wasnt the most intense game so wasnt sure why, got back on and about 20 minutes it did it again while mplaying Diablo. Same again, so i rebooted after waiting 5 minutes and 10 minutes into Diablo it happened again. This time i made sure i monitored my temps while playing Wow/Diablo to see what was happening, the GPU temp never rose past 50, and it rarely got past 45. I downloaded new graphic drivers and had to go to sleep. Today i woke up and started up the game and the fps lag made it impossible to play, put all settings to lowest and turned Max Foreground FPS to 40 but still FPS lag was unberable.

I have a Nvdia GeForce GTS 450 and Asus M5a 78L-m LX motherboard, just to be clear this started while playing diablo and opening up Diablo or WoW now causes my whole pc to lag.

I ran a FurMark bench test, got my GPU up to 90'c and nothing happened. Currently im logged in WoW with 60 fps and 45 MS but it took me 25minutes to get from log in screen to actually being online.

Are what im on with WoW running and fan speed at 75%. Thanks for the help if anyone has a clue

10+ Year Old Account
    Specs look fine. How is cpu utilization during this time? Have you tried rolling back drivers?

Deleted
    I did yeah, did nothing. CPU usage is very high, 80-90, but even when i have no programs running its 50+ but doesnt show any particular thing hogging it all up.

Had a friend said my voltages look 'abnormal' dunno if thats anything to do with it though.
    Last edited by mmocb2cb687baf; 2012-06-06 at 06:39 PM.

your cpu is getting way too much voltage. did you play with settings in the bios?

Deleted
    never even been in there once

10+ Year Old Account
    i could be wrong or cpuid h/w monitor is not right but the voltage levels are not right at all from the psu

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/inside...-tolerance.htm
    Last edited by firehazemt; 2012-06-06 at 08:26 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have you gone through all the basic anti-virus stuff to see if there's any malware putting a hidden load on your processor? Having a 50% CPU usage while idle is patently absurd, something has to be happening.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynarii View Post
    Have you gone through all the basic anti-virus stuff to see if there's any malware putting a hidden load on your processor? Having a 50% CPU usage while idle is patently absurd, something has to be happening.
    Aye did a full AVG scan then Spybot followed shortly after.

---------- Post added 2012-06-07 at 12:22 AM ----------

Reseated Gfx card as a friend told me it might help. Now I can get a signal from the card I my monitor, nor from inboard graphics