Page 10 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vuhdo raid frames track Renewing Mists, you just need to input the spell ID so it tracks Renewing instead of the spreading buff.

Spell ID is 119611 if you're interested in Vuhdo.

Startropic
    Simple Math - US-Andorhal
    Windwalker Monk

Deleted
    Just one question (I was away for a week): What about the Soothing Mist nerf, was it really 50% nerf to its healing or just the the nerf to the healing from the Statue?

And how are we now doing in raids and challenge modes?

The nerf wasnt that big of a problem and it was for our own soothing mists. and we are still OP in raids wiht ReM+Uplift spam

Deleted
    I wasnt concerned with raids, I know how OP ReM + Uplift are.. But what about 5mans? With heavy damage going out, we will have to stick to Surging Mist..and I fear that it will be very, very mana consuming..

i melee heal in 5mans so i get instant and free Surgins

Deleted
    In common 5-mans or in challenge modes (if they are enabled already)? Because I doubt that you will be able to melee heal challenge modes...

in common ones. havent tested challenge mode yet. But as i said on official forum.

Wel then the question is. Why marketing MWs as a melee healer if they dont wan it to be primery or even viabel at end content? Why even have it there? And have all the buffs and SP->AP convertion and put all the effort into melee healing if it would only be "for fun"?

Deleted
    Another question - I kinda end up wasting some chi in certain situations - I mean: I am in a dungeon, healing some small damage only with SoM (dat nerf hurts), I get chi-capped soon. What do you use at such a time? If I am in melee, then TP/BOK for sure, but if I am in range? Uplift is pointless when I have the dot only on tank, what else? Put Enveloping Mist on tank just for fun?

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the purpose of beta, mechanics. So far the mechanics of monks melee healing is good, the numbers will be tuned more and more as we get closer to release, so it should be much more viable than it is now. Most of the raid bosses tested, I haven't had the time to melee at all, too much damage due to weird bugs or certain abilities causing damage when it shouldn't just didn't give me time to melee anything and I had to focus on actual healing. Things should be different once those bugs and numbers are ironed out.

We'll see how things turn out on live, if it still isn't really viable, they'll readjust numbers to make it more so. But they've also stated that they don't want guilds to be stacking monk healers to beat timers, so that adjustment is tricky.

Quote Originally Posted by Yrael View Post
    Another question - I kinda end up wasting some chi in certain situations - I mean: I am in a dungeon, healing some small damage only with SoM (dat nerf hurts), I get chi-capped soon. What do you use at such a time? If I am in melee, then TP/BOK for sure, but if I am in range? Uplift is pointless when I have the dot only on tank, what else? Put Enveloping Mist on tank just for fun?
    This is were your level 30 talents come in. Chi Wave(Still worthless until they fix SP scaling) or Chi Burst(My fav still, Haduken!) or if you know you'll be in melee range, Zen Sphere is still decent with Detonate.

And we all knew Soothing would get nerfed. It isn't really that bad, haven't had any difficulty so far on raids since the nerf. Expect more nerfs with Renewing and/or Uplift soon as well as Blizz stated they want to bring monks in line with other healers, which is rightfully so as monks are a bit OP in the healer department. I blow away any other healer by almost 2x most of the time. 0_o
    Last edited by Koohii; 2012-07-08 at 05:05 PM.

Startropic
    Simple Math - US-Andorhal
    Windwalker Monk

Well they could tune down the dps MWs have as melee and buff the eminance of it. that way you wouldnt stack monks to beat timers

Deleted
    Ok, Soothing was maybe a bit OP, but IIRC, it is now a LOT weaker in terms of hps/hpm if compared to similar heals like holy light, heal, healing wave or nourish..

Quote Originally Posted by Yrael View Post
    Ok, Soothing was maybe a bit OP, but IIRC, it is now a LOT weaker in terms of hps/hpm if compared to similar heals like holy light, heal, healing wave or nourish..
    But then again Soothing cost alot less also. And you are abel to cast 2 other heals at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatuin View Post
    But then again Soothing cost alot less also. And you are abel to cast 2 other heals at the same time.
    Pretty much.

as for stacking monks on dps fights Blizz will probably find a way to make it fair for other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    Pretty much.

as for stacking monks on dps fights Blizz will probably find a way to make it fair for other classes.
    Tbh i do think there will be 3 kinds of monks. Thoese who know how the class work, the mediocer one and tho who just faceroll the keyboard. Just like wiht DKs when they where new. And for monks to make a big diffrent in dps races and to beat timers they need the ones who know the class outside and in. And i guess for many ppl its hard to be that kind of person if your not very dedicated to it. Sure range healer is easier but you dont do dps then. But for melee you need to focus on the buffs you have, cleaves and other stuff the boss do and keep track on HP bars to see if you need to hard cast something.

And speaking of hardcast. I got an ide. You all know you get instant Surgin Mist when you TP 5 times. How about you would get instant Envolping MIst when you used BoK 3 times. In that way melee healing would be a little easier and you could direct that HoT to the tank or a dps who needs healing asap. Imo it wouldnt be to OP for this and would make melee healing more viabel. Could even make a glyph for it just like Surging Mists one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatuin View Post
    Tbh i do think there will be 3 kinds of monks. Thoese who know how the class work, the mediocer one and tho who just faceroll the keyboard
    Coudn't agree with that anymore, Theres going to be alot of people "OMG NEW CLASS MUST HAS" just like there were for dks.

I'll be updating the guide on both our website/here in the next couple of days.
    Rerolled Monk in D3, has been killing all my free time
    Last edited by MixelPlx; 2012-07-10 at 03:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EGTactics View Post
    All good since its a monk :P

What exactly is being added? Out of curiousity.

Your Vuhdo is working in mop beta? Did you have to do anything to get it to work?

Yea my vhudo is working. you need to DL the beta vhudo. www.wowinterface.com and click your way to MoP beta and you will find all addons that works for beta atm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EGTactics View Post
    I might have to favorite the guide on your site as so far it has been really helpful. Just wanted to thank you for that.