Page 33 of 73 FirstFirst ...
23
31
32
33
34
35
43
... LastLast
  1. #641
    High Overlord Rege's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    166
    They did that on purpose to make the off stats (spi, haste, mast, etc) more appealing. If it's a blue slot, I'd still go 320 spirit, and maybe the Zen green in a yellow, at least until you get better raid gear that has more spirit on it to convert the blue and yellow sockets to an Int gem.


    /popcorn enthusiast!

  2. #642
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorgl View Post
    Yeah then the mastery/spirit.
    My main point was that given the fact that gems have twice more spirit than intell, it might be valuable to gem Purple/Green/Blue rather than Red/Orange/Purple.

    I'm not 100% sure about it but I think it's worth considering.
    At least for the first tier, you will be gemming full spirit outside of the meta requirements (here's where your green gem comes in handy). Maybe during farm you can reforge into more intel, but spirit will be a huge deal for quite a while.

  3. #643
    I think it will be as always with healers - you will gem for spirit as a main stat, but you will try to keep not only meta requirement but also socket bonuses, unless they are really bad.
    And on the seventh day, God said: Not enough mana!

  4. #644
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    901
    I havent seen so many red gems on pre raid gear, mostly blue and yellow

  5. #645
    Quote Originally Posted by Affiniti View Post
    At least for the first tier, you will be gemming full spirit outside of the meta requirements (here's where your green gem comes in handy). Maybe during farm you can reforge into more intel, but spirit will be a huge deal for quite a while.
    Well said and completely accurate.
    The value of spirit in MOP is huge considering the mana pools. It'll be interesting to see how things change in the 2nd tier of raiding.
    Last edited by EGTactics; 2012-09-03 at 05:44 PM.
    Currently Playing: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls, Battlefield 4
    Waiting for: WoW: Warlords of Draenor, EQNext.

  6. #646
    Quote Originally Posted by EGTactics View Post
    Well said and completely accurate.
    Really, EG? (because if YOU say something, I take it almost for granted ) I thought that sticking to socket bonuses will be still more benficial (i.e. using blue, green and purple gems)
    And on the seventh day, God said: Not enough mana!

  7. #647
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    901
    If its +10intell and a red gem im not sure i would sockt for that

  8. #648
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrael View Post
    Really, EG? (because if YOU say something, I take it almost for granted ) I thought that sticking to socket bonuses will be still more benficial (i.e. using blue, green and purple gems)
    Yes Yrael!
    The benefit of gemming straight spirit is huge. I've mixed up my gear on beta with your "cata" style gemming and you notice a huge loss in regen.
    Not to mention, spirit helps out with any "melee" like abilities giving you hit and expertise so ultimately, you can hit from the front.

    Like I've said in the guide, till you feel comfortable otherwise, spirit is #1 priority in terms of what to gem(outside of meta requirements of course).
    Last edited by EGTactics; 2012-09-03 at 05:48 PM.
    Currently Playing: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls, Battlefield 4
    Waiting for: WoW: Warlords of Draenor, EQNext.

  9. #649
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    901
    Think it was someone in the beta forums saying he/she will go for so much spirit she can stand infront of boss and then shhot chiburst to person furthest in th e back, to get most healing done by it

  10. #650
    Ok then And yes, being able to stand in front of the boss (if the mechanics allow it) and shoot chi burst through tank, boss, melee group into rangeds seems really nice
    And on the seventh day, God said: Not enough mana!

  11. #651
    Has there been any changes to professions on beta recently. Last I checked they had wildly varying spirit increases. Think the best was Blacksmithing which could provide 640 spirit increase then tailoring which worked out around 500 spirit increase dropping to 320 spirit with JC and Alchemy and then all the rest of the professions with no spirit increases.

    I had been hoping that JC and alchemy would at least be buffed to around BS level but not having seen anything yet means that I may have to rethink my professions choice of Alchemy / Enchanting to taking BS instead of enchanting.

  12. #652
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagri View Post
    Has there been any changes to professions on beta recently. Last I checked they had wildly varying spirit increases. Think the best was Blacksmithing which could provide 640 spirit increase then tailoring which worked out around 500 spirit increase dropping to 320 spirit with JC and Alchemy and then all the rest of the professions with no spirit increases.

    I had been hoping that JC and alchemy would at least be buffed to around BS level but not having seen anything yet means that I may have to rethink my professions choice of Alchemy / Enchanting to taking BS instead of enchanting.
    I believe in Blacksmithing/Tailoring is still topping the overall spirit gain.
    Currently Playing: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls, Battlefield 4
    Waiting for: WoW: Warlords of Draenor, EQNext.

  13. #653
    That is a pain. Hopefully they'll look into it soon. Got all the mats right now to level enchanting and alchemy on my monk but if it's only gonna be 1/4 - 1/3 as effective as tailoring and blacksmithing then I might look into getting mats to level those.

  14. #654
    Hm, this is something I didn't take in mind I planned engineering and inscription for my monk..and because I am not sitting on hundreds of thousands of golds, I will probably stick to it. But it is sad that blizzard made spirit something like primary stat for healers (and overally increased the impact of other secondary stats), but only certain professions can use their perks to gain them, while others are stuck with STR-AGI-INT-STAM.
    And on the seventh day, God said: Not enough mana!

  15. #655
    Stood in the Fire Yorgl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    362
    Sorry to insist EG, but as you and others confirmed that (as I wasn't 100% sure) spirit will be the way to go for gemming at least in 1st tier, you should mention the green gems (mast/spirit and, even if not really necessary for the cap, haste/spirit).
    Last edited by Yorgl; 2012-09-03 at 09:19 PM.

  16. #656
    Blademaster Asphelan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    25
    Thank you so much for this!
    Something I would like to know though, what should we reforge to? I read most of it, and I didn't see anything about reforging unless I missed it.

  17. #657
    Does anyone have the numbers on http://mop.wowhead.com/item=79330?

    From first glance I can only assume it's a BiS but unsure if the numbers on it have been learnt.

    Quote Originally Posted by Asphelan View Post
    Thank you so much for this!
    Something I would like to know though, what should we reforge to? I read most of it, and I didn't see anything about reforging unless I missed it.
    You missed it :P
    Quote Originally Posted by EGTactics View Post
    1.0- Intellect
    1.1- 1350 Haste
    1.2- Spirit
    1.3- Mastery
    Thats our stat priority. Int > 1350 haste after 1350 haste we then get spirit which is > Mastery.

    At this time crit isn't desired.
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-09-04 at 04:29 AM.

  18. #658
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Grimsby
    Posts
    133
    Hey Guys I have full desire to switch to MW Monk in MOP and I feel I have nailed the healing side however I am having a few problems understanding this "meele healing" so could some please clarify these points for me;

    1/ Do we need to switch stances for using jab and tiger strike? (I know we can do it in MW but is it better to switch?

    2/ I noticed when using tiger palm I was gaining a buff of "reduces the CD on surging Mists by 20%" is this the healing benefit from DPS you are always referring to? or is there another healing benefit from using tiger palm.

    3/If we heal from a range like most healers will we be at healing for a considerable lot less ( basically meaning, would we suck)?

    4/Is it mandatory that we keep up these "meele healing stacks"? (again will we be healing for alot less if we just ignore using tiger palm)?

    5/I know that to AOE heal uplift is very effective, but is SKC just as good a AOE or is it more for "topping the raid off"?

    6/Who else dislikes our set bonuses? Yes it is a good one but the 4 set I just really dislike.

  19. #659
    Quote Originally Posted by redcisse09 View Post
    Hey Guys I have full desire to switch to MW Monk in MOP and I feel I have nailed the healing side however I am having a few problems understanding this "meele healing" so could some please clarify these points for me;

    1/ Do we need to switch stances for using jab and tiger strike? (I know we can do it in MW but is it better to switch?

    2/ I noticed when using tiger palm I was gaining a buff of "reduces the CD on surging Mists by 20%" is this the healing benefit from DPS you are always referring to? or is there another healing benefit from using tiger palm.

    3/If we heal from a range like most healers will we be at healing for a considerable lot less ( basically meaning, would we suck)?

    4/Is it mandatory that we keep up these "meele healing stacks"? (again will we be healing for alot less if we just ignore using tiger palm)?

    5/I know that to AOE heal uplift is very effective, but is SKC just as good a AOE or is it more for "topping the raid off"?

    6/Who else dislikes our set bonuses? Yes it is a good one but the 4 set I just really dislike.
    I'm just going to write what I think, everyone's very much welcome to correct me if anything's wrong. My beta experience has been rather brief.

    1) Leaving Serpent Stance
    a) stops Eminence from working
    b) doesn't allow Blackout Kick to grant / refresh Serpent's Zeal nor Tiger Palm to grant/refresh Vital Mists
    c) doesn't allow Mana Tea stacks to be build by spending Chi.

    So in short: You probably won't leave Serpent Stance when you need to heal.

    2) Tiger Palm grants Vital Mists which reduces the cast time and mana cost of the next Suring Mist by 20% per stack (stacks up to 5 times). It causes Eminence from Serpent Stance (not from Serpent's Zeal) and applies a 30% armor penetration buff so your auto attacks hit harder causing Serpent's Zeal Eminence to heal for more.

    3) Last time I checked ranged healing was viable.

    4) You can probably get by with ranged healing alone if you so desire. However melee-healing also has it's benefits (+damage taken buffs on bosses for example). It's very situational and (atleast as far as I think) adapting quickly to such opportunities is going to seperate great mistweavers from good ones I think.

    5) SCK requires the raid to be stacked, which is not always possible. Renewing Mists + Uplift is also more of a "proactive" way to counterheal (expected) aoe damage while SCK is more "reactive" (ie. you cast it after the damage has been dealt). They're not mutually exclusive though, you can uplift + SCK if you need to.
    Last edited by ccKep; 2012-09-04 at 10:34 PM.

  20. #660
    The Patient Mistfit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    A wandering isle in the pacific
    Posts
    266
    Melee healing is completely optional with the mistweaver and provides some flavor to the class. I find it useful to do when I am low on mana, I do 2x blackout kicks and just autoattack while I regen mana.

    Healing from range is perfectly fine and in some encounters will be preferred. I see myself being the dedicated melee healer in 25s, with spinning crane kick, renewing mists/uplift and melee healing doing the majority of my heals.
    Check out my blog about my monk at www.zenpilgrimage.com. Mistfit of OVERCLOCKED, [US] Proudmoore

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •