Page 53 of 73 FirstFirst ...
3
43
51
52
53
54
55
63
... LastLast
  1. #1041
    Quote Originally Posted by razorsharp View Post
    Kinda the same, no difference at all whether it's full crit or mastery reforge according to some of my logs. Although I feel like crit is going to be a bit ahead in 25 man environment in 5.1, there are enough orbs on the ground already without reforging to mastery.
    According to the front page, if no one picks up the healing orb it automatically heals someone nearby for ~80%.

    "Gift of the Serpent now creates Spheres that last 3 min, up from 10 sec. Healing amount doubled. If the sphere expires without being used, a nearby injured ally will be healed for 15,972."

    I think this change will drastically put mastery ahead for either 10 or 25.

  2. #1042
    So from the front page: Tiger Palm no longer stacks the armor ignore buff, just applies 30% initially. I'm guessing that fistweavers will start spending 1 chi every 20 seconds to throw in a TP. The stacking made it not worth casting at all, but, fight mechanics permitting, keeping Tiger Power up might be a good thing. It would be nice if the length of the buff was increased, but for mistweavers only.

    By the way EG... a little late on that update?

  3. #1043
    you can still use tiger palm x5 for free chi. im still going to at start of some boss fights

  4. #1044
    I am really tired, so maybe I am not thinking straight, but how in the heck is spending 5 chi to get 1 free?

  5. #1045
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    909
    Quote Originally Posted by Wushu View Post
    I am really tired, so maybe I am not thinking straight, but how in the heck is spending 5 chi to get 1 free?
    5xTP= Instant Surging Mist. Surging Mist gives you 1 Chi when cast

  6. #1046
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatuin View Post
    5xTP= Instant Surging Mist. Surging Mist gives you 1 Chi when cast
    It's really the phrasing. Edds said you use TPX5 for free chi. That makes it sound like the purpose of using TPX5 is for the chi. It's not. You spend 5 chi to get one back and a "free" heal. That really means you spent the mana of 4 jabs (would be 5 but you got 1 chi back from surging) for an instant surging.

    Of course, there's the armor buff to take into account. If you're keeping that up for its own sake, then the surging and chi can be considered free because it will happen naturally. It didn't sound like that's what Edds meant, since he said you can "use tiger palm x5 for free chi". There are benefits to have an instant non-targeted surging mists, but it's not really about chi efficiency.

    You're not going to spend 5 chi on TP to get 1 chi back from surging. You might spend it to get an instant surging and instant chi saved up for an emergency, *while* keeping up the armor buff.

  7. #1047
    Well, just looked here and there on armory one day before the new raid release. That's what appears:

    - Many of top guild's Mistweaver reforged out Mastery to Crit

    - Many of top guild's Mistweaver reforged out Mastery to Haste

    - Many of top guild's Mistweaver remained on Spirit/Mastery build

    What does it mean? Do we have any sort of maths gives us a result of which stats we should go for?
    Why those change wasn't confirmed on any sort of blog/site?

  8. #1048
    Quote Originally Posted by Manatrixx View Post
    What does it mean? Do we have any sort of maths gives us a result of which stats we should go for?
    Why those change wasn't confirmed on any sort of blog/site?
    It means that Mistweavers are new, and sims don't tell you everything. Real raid experience matters, and how individual raiders respond to it varies with a number of different things. We're still in the shakedown period for the class as a whole, and for something as complex as healing (with MW healing being more complex than most, in my opinion) we shouldn't expect uniformity.

    Either that, or they really did a bang-up job of balancing MW secondaries, and it comes down to personal preference. I'd doubt that, though.

  9. #1049
    I think Mastery will spike back up when the new patch is released and the orbs are instantly healed onto people. Gift of the serpent is usually my 4th highest heal and that's without people "trying". I guess it will be like the instant lightwell but orbs instead.

  10. #1050
    I'm really surprised you're seeing high end players reforging to Haste. I've heard most people say that stat is pretty awful, since we only have a few spells that scale with haste beyond breakpoints. Enveloping Mist and Surging Mist have cast times, but are instant when you're channeling Soothing, and according to the Mistweaver Calculator I use, Soothing doesn't actually gain additional ticks OR lower the cast time with haste.. but that may be outdated.

  11. #1051
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush042 View Post
    and according to the Mistweaver Calculator I use, Soothing doesn't actually gain additional ticks OR lower the cast time with haste.. but that may be outdated.
    Tested it ingame, and haste does reduce the interval between Soothing Mists casts. Comparing naked to fully geared with a trinket's haste proc it was clearly noticeable. I'm sure if I had bothered to find a bloodlust it would have been even clearer.

    Also, newest MW change: increase haste from items by 150%. Yeah...

  12. #1052
    I'm inclined to say with the new changes haste becomes a good tank healing stat and crit gets a slight edge over mastery.

  13. #1053
    Quote Originally Posted by Junnia View Post
    I think Mastery will spike back up when the new patch is released and the orbs are instantly healed onto people.
    Where are you getting that from, exactly? I somehow missed when that was added but the front page patch notes show it being removed.
    Praise the Quest Writers for they give life to otherwise boring expansions.
    Planning to level in WoD using the suddenly useful Warglaives of Azzinoth.

  14. #1054
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    I'm inclined to say with the new changes haste becomes a good tank healing stat and crit gets a slight edge over mastery.
    For being a good tank healer, we would still need a consistent Chi generator. Soothing isn't one, even after the 35% buff. The mere thought of channelling a full Soothing on the tank without proccing any Chi...

    We'd need some sort of 100%-Chi generating mechanic. Maybe a single target buff like Earth Shield that lets Soothing have a 100% proc chance per tick, maybe lowers the healing of it in exchange?

  15. #1055
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisKoe View Post
    We'd need some sort of 100%-Chi generating mechanic. Maybe a single target buff like Earth Shield that lets Soothing have a 100% proc chance per tick, maybe lowers the healing of it in exchange?
    I feel like this would be a very good place to put a glyph. I have no idea what the tuning should be on that though, because Enveloping Mist is very strong, so being able keep that HoT rolling would be crazy.

  16. #1056
    The Patient Foxtails's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Doing Chemisty
    Posts
    223
    Man this change is going to be big.
    Mistweaver

    Brewing: Mana Tea has a new additional effect: You have a chance equal to your crit chance to generate double the Mana Tea charges.
    Stance of the Wise Serpent now also increases haste from items by 150%.

    I'm sure we will be able to hit the second breakthrough point around ~8000 haste and crit .. man that's awesome.

    Gift of the Serpent no longer heals a nearby ally if the sphere expires unused.

    Think i'm gunna reforge to the second haste breakthrough then into crit.

    Sig by the amazing Shyama! <Ascension 16/16 H 25man oceanic>

  17. #1057
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Where are you getting that from, exactly? I somehow missed when that was added but the front page patch notes show it being removed.
    I was getting that from the beta notes. But it's null since it's officially removed.

  18. #1058
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisKoe View Post
    For being a good tank healer, we would still need a consistent Chi generator. Soothing isn't one, even after the 35% buff. The mere thought of channelling a full Soothing on the tank without proccing any Chi...

    We'd need some sort of 100%-Chi generating mechanic. Maybe a single target buff like Earth Shield that lets Soothing have a 100% proc chance per tick, maybe lowers the healing of it in exchange?
    Soothing with 250% regular haste values is regular enough

  19. #1059
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisKoe View Post
    For being a good tank healer, we would still need a consistent Chi generator. Soothing isn't one, even after the 35% buff. The mere thought of channelling a full Soothing on the tank without proccing any Chi...

    We'd need some sort of 100%-Chi generating mechanic. Maybe a single target buff like Earth Shield that lets Soothing have a 100% proc chance per tick, maybe lowers the healing of it in exchange?
    You mean like surging mist, which is instant? The problem is it costs a shitload of mana.
    Thus you might want to look at the change via mana tea.

    I am not saying we will be good tank healers....probably still the worst actually. But, I think this was the idea behind the buffs.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 07:46 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxtails View Post
    Man this change is going to be big.
    Mistweaver

    Brewing: Mana Tea has a new additional effect: You have a chance equal to your crit chance to generate double the Mana Tea charges.
    Stance of the Wise Serpent now also increases haste from items by 150%.

    I'm sure we will be able to hit the second breakthrough point around ~8000 haste and crit .. man that's awesome.

    Gift of the Serpent no longer heals a nearby ally if the sphere expires unused.

    Think i'm gunna reforge to the second haste breakthrough then into crit.
    With the buff its going to take 5400 haste to reach the next breakpoint.
    That is 4000 2nd stat to get 1 additional tick out of 1 hot! (2 if you use enveloping mists, but who the hell put you on tank heals?)

    Thats literally all you get...and my RnM already overheals like a mother trucker.

    Sounds like an outrageously bad idea to me, unless your gear is to the point that you are already way over the 1350 haste breakpoint whilst trying to reforge out of it. Of course, this is all speculation on my part, but I seriously doubt I am wrong.
    Last edited by Wushu; 2012-10-31 at 08:49 AM.

  20. #1060
    Quote Originally Posted by Wushu View Post
    With the buff its going to take 5400 haste to reach the next breakpoint.
    That is 4000 2nd stat to get 1 additional tick out of 1 hot! (2 if you use enveloping mists, but who the hell put you on tank heals?)

    Thats literally all you get...and my RnM already overheals like a mother trucker.

    Sounds like an outrageously bad idea to me, unless your gear is to the point that you are already way over the 1350 haste breakpoint whilst trying to reforge out of it. Of course, this is all speculation on my part, but I seriously doubt I am wrong.
    Since the 2nd breakpoint is obtained at 8096 haste rating with 5% haste from raid, with the 150% haste bonus from the stance it should take 5397 haste rating to reach the 2nd breakpoint.

    Also, you make a valid point on the overhealing, but aren't the spheres going to overheal as well once in a while? If you take into account that some healing specs sacrifice quite a lot of stats to go for a breakpoint on a HoT which they can't maintain on more than 6 to 7 targets, and we can have it on up to 18 targets added to the fact that mastery is RNG and as a healer RNG sucks, I think it shouldn't be as bad as you claim it to be :>

    Just being the devil's advocate, I won't be going for this breakpoint either since I would need to sacrifice quite a bit of spirit, kknothxbai

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •