Page 60 of 73 FirstFirst ...
10
50
58
59
60
61
62
70
... LastLast
  1. #1181
    Quote Originally Posted by Algot View Post
    Taken from Valen's MW Calculations:

    5.57%, 16.65%, 27.76%
    154, 3148, 6141
    Quote Originally Posted by Algot View Post
    I'm guessing the haste to consider is the haste in serpent stance. In other words get 3148 haste in stance.
    Okay. I was just going to gloss over this and wait but I guess I'll ask. Right now on live my haste rating is 3,165. That comes out to 7.45% haste. With the +5% it's still just a flat 12.45%. No where near 16.65%. Any clue why?
    Praise the Quest Writers for they give life to otherwise boring expansions.
    I was wrong about Blizzcon 2014 having nothing interesting to show off: There's a Robot Monk!

  2. #1182
    It depends on your gear because as has been mentioned previously it's impossible to have a mere 150 haste for the 1st haste breakpoint, when in fact most people will have around 2k haste on their gear without reforging which increases the value of the 2nd breakpoint since in reality you won't need to sacrifice that much crit or mastery to attain it.

    The 2nd point is, why would you not go for the breakpoint of 3148 haste? Besides the fact that it shouldn't be too much of a sacrifice in terms of other secondary stats, you would have more crit or more mastery depending on what you prefer. But mastery and crit are nothing more than probabilities of increasing your throughput, which in my opinion isn't very valuable as a healer because while healing you need certainty, not probabilities and these extra ticks on ReM provide certainty that your throughput should rise even though at times these ReM ticks will naturally overheal as all other HoTs do, but then again don't crits overheal?

    Finally, how is ReM more valuable in 10 man compared to 25 man? With TfT, you still have the potential of having 15 - 18 people with ReM simultaneously in 25 man, and with the increased responsiveness of the spread effect it will be pretty much what you have in live right now since it manages to fail spreading by going to players that already have the HoT.

  3. #1183
    Mastery versus crit in 5.1? Stat priorities still the same? simply curious.

  4. #1184
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Unless my tooltip is somehow bugged, it stills shows the same overall healing it did yesterday.
    Is it just me, or does Enveloping Mists tick way faster now?

  5. #1185
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyo View Post
    Is it just me, or does Enveloping Mists tick way faster now?
    I feel that way too, and spread faster.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

  6. #1186
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyo View Post
    Is it just me, or does Enveloping Mists tick way faster now?
    You gain bonus haste in serpent stance, which would have affected Enveloping Mists. The 32% percent "nerf" was just to adjust for that so that the 5.0 and 5.1 overall healing value of Enveloping Mists stays more or less the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    I feel that way too, and spread faster.
    Enveloping Mist doesn't spread. Renewing Mist does (and they changed the tick rate of that to 2secs, down from 3), and they said in a blue post the changed it to "react faster".

  7. #1187
    Alright, we should get this thing about 32% Enveloping nerf clear. For how much total healing does your Enveloping heal after 5.1, not counting crits? (someone from US servers). On EU(no 5.1 yet), I'm getting 6*33k healing without crits. Is the amount on 5.1 live roughly the same, or less?

  8. #1188
    Field Marshal Algot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    White North
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Okay. I was just going to gloss over this and wait but I guess I'll ask. Right now on live my haste rating is 3,165. That comes out to 7.45% haste. With the +5% it's still just a flat 12.45%. No where near 16.65%. Any clue why?
    This did my head in a little bit. It's late and all. I can't make the maths line up.

    But what you're missing is the 50% stance buff.

    Your 3165 haste +50% is 4747.5.

    The 5% raid buff is 2125.

    4747.5 + 2125 is 6872.5 which is 16.17% haste.

    So according to EJ the haste to achieve whilst in Stance is 4722. Again this doesn't quite make 16.65% haste. I'm guessing I'm missing some factor?

    Sorry for any confusion. 3148 haste is solely gear. No stance. No raid buff.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 01:54 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Liax View Post
    Mastery versus crit in 5.1? Stat priorities still the same? simply curious.
    With the Mana Tea change Crit would be ahead of Mastery still.

  9. #1189
    Quote Originally Posted by Algot View Post
    This did my head in a little bit. It's late and all. I can't make the maths line up.

    But what you're missing is the 50% stance buff.

    Your 3165 haste +50% is 4747.5.

    The 5% raid buff is 2125.

    4747.5 + 2125 is 6872.5 which is 16.17% haste.

    So according to EJ the haste to achieve whilst in Stance is 4722. Again this doesn't quite make 16.65% haste. I'm guessing I'm missing some factor?

    Sorry for any confusion. 3148 haste is solely gear. No stance. No raid buff.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 01:54 AM ----------



    With the Mana Tea change Crit would be ahead of Mastery still.
    What you're missing, is that haste is a multiplicative stat, meaning you can't quantify the 5% haste raid buff the way you did, it depends on the haste you have on your gear.

    If he has 3165 haste rating he will indeed have 4747.5 haste but since there aren't decimals in stats he should have 4748 haste rating with the stance buff. This alone means he has 11.17% haste from his gear.

    With 5% haste raid buff, he has 1.1117 x 1.05 = 1.167285 So he should have 16.7% haste, which means he is slightly over the 2nd haste breakpoint of ReM.

  10. #1190
    Quote Originally Posted by zonde View Post
    What you're missing, is that haste is a multiplicative stat, meaning you can't quantify the 5% haste raid buff the way you did, it depends on the haste you have on your gear.
    Um. What? The 5% haste buff is seemingly additive or close to it. If you have 8.00% haste. You will have at least 13.00% haste when a Moonkin parties up with you. 8 * 1.05 isn't greater than 13.

    Today is not a good day for math and me.
    Praise the Quest Writers for they give life to otherwise boring expansions.
    I was wrong about Blizzcon 2014 having nothing interesting to show off: There's a Robot Monk!

  11. #1191
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Um. What? The 5% haste buff is seemingly additive or close to it. If you have 8.00% haste. You will have at least 13.00% haste when a Moonkin parties up with you. 8 * 1.05 isn't greater than 13.

    Today is not a good day for math and me.
    That's not the way you solve it because you're forgetting the 8% haste is also a percentage (derp) so you would have to multiply the 1.05 by 1.08

    1.08 x 1.05 = 1.134 So you would have 13.4% haste

    lol

  12. #1192
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    8 * 1.05 isn't greater than 13.

    Today is not a good day for math and me.
    Indeed it isn't. 1.08 * 1.05 = 1.134 = +13.40% Haste.

  13. #1193
    Field Marshal Algot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    White North
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by zonde View Post
    What you're missing, is that haste is a multiplicative stat, meaning you can't quantify the 5% haste raid buff the way you did, it depends on the haste you have on your gear.

    If he has 3165 haste rating he will indeed have 4747.5 haste but since there aren't decimals in stats he should have 4748 haste rating with the stance buff. This alone means he has 11.17% haste from his gear.

    With 5% haste raid buff, he has 1.1117 x 1.05 = 1.167285 So he should have 16.7% haste, which means he is slightly over the 2nd haste breakpoint of ReM.
    Ah that makes sense. Thanks!

  14. #1194
    Blademaster Solishe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    37
    sooo....3148 4722....sorry my brain is failing badly...can someone just write clearly without explaining why...
    x*=haste needed in stance
    y*=haste needed not in stance

    I am so confused right now I may just not do anything to my char and just check out tonight's raid.

  15. #1195
    I have 1855 haste by reforging away from all haste, getting 3148 seems like a logical thing to do. Will most definitely reforge away all my mastery and into crit as well.

    The Enveloping Mist nerf seems pretty harsh. Might be needed for pvp, dunno about that.

    Edit: Is anyone else going full crit instead of mastery?
    Last edited by Tavin; 2012-11-28 at 01:04 PM.

  16. #1196
    Anyone got a rating for the haste needed, no buff and with buff? (Not %)

  17. #1197
    3191 - 7.51% in Serpent, Counted my ticks with Reneweing Mist and it was 10 ticks. Invited a Moonkin with 5% haste, Tested it and it was 11 ticks. so 7.51% unbuffed for sure for extra tick /w 5% haste buff
    Last edited by forelune; 2012-11-28 at 02:08 PM.

  18. #1198
    Field Marshal Algot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    White North
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by Solishe View Post
    sooo....3148 4722....sorry my brain is failing badly...can someone just write clearly without explaining why...
    x*=haste needed in stance
    y*=haste needed not in stance

    I am so confused right now I may just not do anything to my char and just check out tonight's raid.
    3148 - haste needed from gear.
    4722 - haste needed while in Stance.

    Both without 5% buff.

  19. #1199
    Blademaster Solishe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by Algot View Post
    3148 - haste needed from gear.
    4722 - haste needed while in Stance.

    Both without 5% buff.
    thank you thank you and wiith the 5% buff please ??

  20. #1200
    Field Marshal Algot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    White North
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by Solishe View Post
    thank you thank you and wiith the 5% buff please ??
    This keeps getting complicated.

    To reach the +2 breakpoint you will need the following:

    7083 - haste without Stance without 5% buff.
    4722 - haste without Stance with 5% buff.
    4722 - haste with Stance without 5% buff.
    3148 - haste with Stance with 5% buff.

    This number is the number shown WITHOUT the stance or buff.

    Considering you will most likely be in Serpent Stance while reforging, the number you are aiming for is 4722. This way, once you're in the raid you will have reached the haste breakpoint.

    Raw haste from gear is 3148. This way you will reach haste breakpoint in the raid.

    The final number which actually means 16.65% haste is 7083.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •