This guide has been updated on September 24th(RELEASE). – EGTactics
I know this guide hasen't been edited at all to reflect changes I myself and others have found out through raiding since release. Over the weekend(10/20 - 10/22), I plan on updating a handful of things . Your feedback is what helps the community with a quality guide! Thank you for your patience and I promise to get this guide updated soonest.
Updates soon to come:
- Healing Styles to reflect some of the "well-known" ways of raid healing.
- Gear list to be updated for raiding(Normal and Heroic iLvl)
- .. and much more!
I'm EGTactics, a die-hard fan of the Warcraft franchise that has been healing on every class since launch. I've leveled a Monk in beta as Mistweaver from 1-90 so I could give you the best straight forward, to the point information in understanding this new class from the ground up! This guide will be updated throughout Mists of Pandaria and beyond.
This guide consists of the basics of playing a Mistweaver Monk. Updates will be put on our website first, End Game Tactics; I will update this as time allows.
You can visit our website for more advanced rotation guides and video tutorials.
Please help improve the guide from corrections, additions, or alterations in the replies below.
- September(24) - Faction list and Addon section has been added. More will be added once we're past release.
- September(21) - Gear list has been cleaned up a bit. Faction portion will be added by end of today.
- September(16) - "Je'lyu has been added to the pre-raid gear list. Plan on adding the "Which faction do I choose first?" section either today or Monday.
- August(25) - Pre-raid gear list has been added to the guide. Factions will be added 8/26/2012.
- August(24) - Gear lists are in the process of being added, faction gear lists will slowly follow.
Table of Contents
- Talent Discussion
- Gear Lists
- Spell Priority
- Heirloom Lists
Level.15 - I’ve decided to select Celerity which grants another charge of Roll, and works very well with Chi Torpedo. Another temporary choice could Momentum if the fight requires a jolt of movement speed boost. Tiger's Lust is meant for PVP but could turn out to be useful if a tank requires to move quickly.
Level.30 - The 2nd talent tree is focused on what the fight requires, changing what is necessary for the fight. Chi Wave is the most logical choice for Dungeons. Chi Burst is currently coming out on top for raiding. Zen Sphere requiring 4 Chi to fully activate is terrible(ATM).
Level.45 - For Dungeons or PVP, Chi Brew allows you to output some fast burst heals with abilities that use Chi as a resource. As for raiding(10 & 25), you need to go the mana efficient route. This is where Power Strikes really shines as you can stack up Mana Tea very fast while still doing some healing.
Level.60 - Leg Sweep has turned out to be very useful for dungeons and raids, especially during boss encounters. Deadly Reach is amazing in PVP and is great if you can get to them before the receive any de-buffs(canceling out your CC). I haven’t found a use for Charging Ox Wave just yet due to the cooldown it has and how easy it is to avoid.
Level.75 - Healing Elixirs is amazing for Mistweavers as it procs every other time we drink Mana Tea. It has a 15sec internal cooldown and 10% of total HP is nice. If PVP is your thing, Diffuse Magic is great for removing those nasty magic de-buffs stacking on you and also redirecting them onto the caster!
Level.90 - With the changes to Spinning Crane Kick, every choice on the Level 90 talent tree is finally useful. I like to rotate between Rushing Jade Wind and Chi Torpedo as they don’t have a 3min cooldown tied to them. Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger is considered another healing cooldown as the damage it does goes off as Eminence healing. Xuen's damage scales with Tiger Power so make sure to keep up x3 stacks while it's up.
I'll be providing a list on what stats you should be reforging towards. This is early beta and isn't final.
- 1.0- Intellect
- 1.1- 1350 Haste
- 1.2- Spirit
- 1.3- Mastery
- 1.4- 1350+ Haste
- 1.5- Crit
- Enchant Cloak - Superior Intellect - Permanently enchants a cloak to increase Intellect by 180.
- Enchant Chest - Glorious Stats - Permanently enchants chest armor to increase all stats by 80.
- Enchant Chest - Mighty Spirit - Permanently enchants chest armor to increase Spirit by 200.
- Enchant Bracer - Super Intellect - Permanently enchants bracers to increase Intellect by 170.
- Enchant Boots - Pandaren's Step - Permanently enchants a pair of boots to increase movement speed slightly and mastery by 140.
- Enchant Boots - Greater Haste - Permanently enchants a pair of boots to increase haste by 175.
- Enchant Off-Hand - Major Intellect - Permanently enchants a shield or off-hand item to increase Intellect by 165.
- Enchant Weapon - Jade Spirit - Permanently enchants a melee weapon to sometimes increase your Intellect by 1,650 when healing or dealing damage with spells. If less than 25% of your mana remains when the effect is triggered, your Spirit will also increase by 750.
Rings (Enchanter Only)
- Enchant Ring - Greater Intellect - Permanently enchants your ring to increase Intellect by 160.
This is something I've been a lot of requests for and here you go! I will add a BiS list once beta is down and items are finalized.
We've also added reforge and gemming section for those confused on what to do with their gear!
(Hover over the item for details on where you can them.)
Note: Make sure to have this ready to go for Mists launch!
Update: "Which faction should I go for first?" section will be added prior to launch."
Note: This section will be updated frequently once stats are finalized.
For the first tier, stack all spirit gems til you feel comfortable switching into different gems.
Gems we recommend picking are labeled with a (*).
Sparkling River's Heart(+320 Spirit)*
JC Exclusive: Sparkling Serpent's Eye(+480 Spirit)
Purified Imperial Amethyst(+80 Intellect and +160 Spirit)*
Timeless Imperial Amethyst(+80 Intellect and +120 Stamina)
Brilliant Primordial Ruby(+160 Intellect)
JC Exclusive: Brilliant Primordial Ruby(+320 Intellect)
Reckless Vermilion Onyx(+80 Intellect and +160 Haste)
Potent Vermilion Onyx(+80 Intellect and +160 Critical Strike)
Artful Vermilion Onyx(+80 Intellect and +160 Mastery)*
Ember Primal Diamond(+216 Intellect and +2% Maximum Mana)*
Revitalizing Primal Diamond(+432 Spirit and 3% Increased Critical Effect)
Burning Primal Diamond(+216 Intellect and 3% Increased Critical Effect)
Factions? Which do I choose?
You're going to want to finish each faction eventually but here are our recommendations on which you should tackle first.
Note: I'll follow this up with other factions you should follow it up with.
The Klaxxi (1st Choice):
- Links of the Lucid
- Klaxxi Lash of the Harbinger
- Wind-Reaver Greaves
- Sudden Insight Bracers
- Amber Saber of Klaxxi'vess < Wowhead Link
- Amber Scythe of Klaxxi'vess < Wowhead Link
Other factions soon to be added to the list!
Glyphs I pick are labeled with a (*).
- Glyph of Zen Meditation*
- Glyph of Life Cocoon
- Glyph of Mana Tea*
- Glyph of Fortifying Brew
- Glyph of Renewing Mists*
- Glyph of Spinning Crane Kick
- Glyph of Water Roll*
- Glyph of Zen Flight*
- Glyph of Spirit Roll*
- Glyph of Jab
- Glyph of Honor
- Glyph of Crackling Tiger Lightning
- Glyph of Fighting Pose
*Remember to always drop your Jade Serpent Statue before every boss pull!
These are the different spell rotations that I've used that seem to be effective.Make sure to use Brewing: Mana Tea when you need mana, don't fall behind or you will regret it!
(Requires 2 Chi)
(Requires 4 Chi, Uplift based)
(Requires 4 Chi, and taking Chi Burst)
- 1.0 Renewing Mists
- 1.1 Chi Burst (Line up as if you were doing Light of Dawn)
- 1.2 Soothing Mists (Till you have 2 or 4 Chi)
- 1.3 Chi Burst (Line up as if you were doing Light of Dawn)
(Requires 4 Chi, and taking Zen Sphere)
- 1.0 Renewing Mists
- 1.1 Renewing Mists
- 1.2 Soothing Mists
- 1.2 Zen Sphere(Explode at the last few seconds)
Healing through damage
- Crackling Jade Lightning - With Eminence, this allows us to heal through our damage. While we won't be able to do this a lot, there are going to be moments where doing damage is better then sitting by idle.
- When channeling this, you have a 25% chance to gain 1 Chi.
Melee healing Rotation
(This rotation will help you prepare yourself for Serpent's Zeal healing).
Before a boss pull, make sure to be capped at (4) or (5) Chi, depending if you took Ascension.
- 1.0 Blackout Kick
- 1.1 Renewing Mists(Tank, or lowest HP target)
- 1.2 Blackout Kick
- 1.3 Brewing: Mana Tea
- 1.4 Renewing Mists
- 1.5 Jab
- 1.6 Tiger Palm
- 1.7 Tiger Palm
- 1.8 Tiger Palm
Maintaining Serpents Zeal is essential. Your healing output will increase withTiger Power stacks but if you cant maintain keeping it up, make sure to not let Zeal drop as it takes 4 Chi to get 2 stacks.
Here are a handful of addons that I recommend you try out. I'll add UI compilations in the next couple of days for those that would rather download an entire UI instead of bits and pieces. - EGTactics
Here is a list of heirloom options you could use for Mistweaver!
Some are available now, some are not. Make sure you get these before launch!
- Preened Tribal War Feathers
- Preened Ironfeather Breastplate
- Preened Ironfeather Shoulders
- Lasting Feralheart Spaulders
- Ancient Bloodmoon Cloak
- Preened Wildfeather Leggings*NEW