Page 11 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    My god what a nerf, uplift no longer increases renewing mist duration...

Deleted
    Yeah, this patch seems like a huuuuge nerf, but rather now and then good when it hits live. This seems a bit much tho.

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    My god what a nerf, uplift no longer increases renewing mist duration...
    Also, we now have 15 sec cd on Renewing Mist and it heals less.

All together with the other changes to Mistweaver, it sounds like they were a bit too enthusiastic 'tuning' the numbers.

Renewing Mist cd increased to 15 seconds, Uplift no longer increases duration unless you boost it with Thunder Focus Tea on a 45 sec cd.

I think they lost the plot on MW. I have no idea how this will even play now.

Deleted
    Monks now officially suck at AoE healing even in 10. I wouldn't even try to heal a 25 raid as a monk, it's officially impossibile. They also nerfed Soothing Mist again, so we are not that good at tank healing either.

I think Blizzard was a little over zealous on nerfing Mistweaver. However, they definitely needed to be brought in line with other healers.

They needed to be retooled. I agree that the output was sort of outrageous but the upkeep was arduous. If they had decoupled renewing mist and uplift, increased the cd on rem and made uplift raid wide (or max targets, something) as a real aoe that would have been a decent step. This just makes the ramp up time for spreading rem unreasonably long and makes uplift not really worth casting unless you have a minimum target base (unknown at this point) but without giving us another chi dump that's worth using.

It may smooth out but in the short term I just feel like I'll be hitting rem on cd "just because" and channeling a nerfed som "just because" and hitting chi burst or something when I chi cap "just because" without really being able to organize the play to a certain fight.

I hope I'm wrong but it looks really unappealing right now.

Lucyrotten, you're forgetting the glyph that changes Uplift from using Chi, to mana.

That allows for a different Chi dump (like Chi Burst or something) instead.

Deleted
    If those nerfs have been datamined correctly then it seems like they are pushing monks more towards healing by dps'ing. Might be that they have decided just to go down that route so are nerfing all of the ranged cast heals to see how it plays out for monks healing by melee dps and then they'll balance from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    Lucyrotten, you're forgetting the glyph that changes Uplift from using Chi, to mana.

That allows for a different Chi dump (like Chi Burst or something) instead.
    Yup, missed that completely. Our other chi dump abilities haven't been particularly appealing up until now, but given all this, I suppose I'll be casting them more often.

I'm still disgruntled.

Yeah I'm guessing they wanted a more interesting game play, rather than "do these set couple of things or you're terrible".

To me, this definitely allows for more interesting play with the combination of single target sniping and/or the level 30 talents (T2).

Still dislike the idea of Uplift not renewing Renewing Mists outside of Thunder Tea. I feel like they could have drastically altered the numbers for a similar play style, but required some other use of abilities to compensate.

I'm a little puzzled as the 15 second ReM cd with an 18 second duration. Seems like nerfing the output and cd but extending the duration might not have been quite so painful given the change to Uplift.

Deleted
    What's point of refreshing renewing mists anymore if you can do it only every 45 sec and the duration is barely 3 secs more then the cd...

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    What's point of refreshing renewing mists anymore if you can do it only every 45 sec and the duration is barely 3 secs more then the cd...
    The Thunder Tea change will just help for situations where you prep for some bigger raid damage where you need your healing to go a bit further on more targets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    It's going to be a similar idea to Restoration Shaman on live rolling 3 Riptides (6 second CD with an 18 second duration) on tanks/raid.

The Thunder Tea change will just help for situations where you prep for some bigger raid damage where you need your healing to go a bit further on more targets.
    That's an entire differenty playstyle, shamans have healing rain and chain heal. The fact that we can no longer refresh renwing mists as we want directly impacts uplift healing. In the best scenario you can heal 6 people at once with a single uplift. And they will always be those same people.

Also you have 3 seconds to get 3 chi for using thunder focused uplift on six targers.

Well, not to get too off topic of Monk -- currently Shaman are using the Glyph of Riptide (removes the CD and vastly lowers the initial heal) and basically raid heal like old school Druids via Rejuv.

My point with the comparison was to say that you spread a HoT on very few targets and use your other tools for more potency, rather than completely relying on the HoT mechanic (and in this case... Uplift as well).

Deleted
    I don't see you ever being able to prep accordingly. At the very best I think you'd be able to get on 9 people assuming it doesn't bounce back onto someone who already has it. For that to happen I think you need everyone taking damage as it wont transfer to someone on full health. Then it takes you at least 45-50 seconds to get it up on those 9 people at the same time to maximise healing and then at the 48-53 second marks most likely you'd be losing Renewing Mists from 6 of the 9 people.

Deleted
    I really feel we need another AoE heal at this point. They can't seriously expect us to raid heal only 6 people at once every 45 sec.
    Or maybe they just need to buff the hell out of SCK.

The latest patch is meh. I'll have to test it but from a glance, this is changing MW healing a bit much.

Mistweavers needed tuning but ugh, raid healing is going to be a serious pain. Lets hope they revert back on some of their decision.
    Last edited by MixelPlx; 2012-07-14 at 12:04 AM.

This is one unfortunate patch. I can't wait to hear their explanation for this one.