Page 38 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by reale View Post
    "I did state it was a cooldown and a cooldown is called a that for a reason also please don't try to belittle others." ... excuse me?
    I don't see how that's disrespectful or rude at all since I'm reiterating what I previously said and making it more clear, especially when compared to.

Quote Originally Posted by reale View Post
    Every three minutes...
    I'm going to ignore your future posts as it currently seem's your trying to fuel an argument, if this is false then I apologize.
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-09-13 at 09:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    OK, back on topic.

Level 90 talents all have value situationally and there are arguments for each depending on what is needed for the fight as well as playstyle. I know I will be carrying about 3 stacks of the Tome of a Clear Mind or w/e its called. *Blanked out mind*

The benefit of the new talent system is it's flexibility. I am sure after a few weeks I will have a talent setup for each boss and swap on the fly during raid.

My question for the Mistweaver community is: mastery. Better than haste yes, but convince me that it is worth it over crit. RNG free healing sphere on the ground vs RNG of the double healing. Overheal is a concern yes, but those healing spheres are random on who runs over them so for tank healing for example I would rather crit.

Your thoughts?
    Check out my blog about my monk at www.zenpilgrimage.com. Mistfit of OVERCLOCKED, [US] Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Mistfit View Post
    My question for the Mistweaver community is: mastery. Better than haste yes, but convince me that it is worth it over crit. RNG free healing sphere on the ground vs RNG of the double healing. Overheal is a concern yes, but those healing spheres are random on who runs over them so for tank healing for example I would rather crit.

Your thoughts?
    I personally want to side with crit as I agree with everything you just said, I only see mastery being better on AoE/Movement fights where it's used to its full potential. I can't imagine mastery being better vs crit on tank/soaker healing fights.

Deleted
    but crit will probably do more overheal than mastery, as the orbs does not proc when people are full life

Quote Originally Posted by sakk View Post
    but crit will probably do more overheal than mastery, as the orbs does not proc when people are full life
    That is indeed true I'm unable to test the two so I really can't add much of my input on it besides my first glance opinion.

Deleted
    don't forget that, if i'm not wrong, gaining 1% crit requires a lot more rating than 1 mastery ( 601 crit, versus 500 mastery, and 1 mastery makes 1.1% chance to have an orb proc)

I'm not really for mastery as well. It requires aditional movement from group members, which in most cases is a slight dps loss. Also I noticed on beta that they couldn't care less about the orbs even if they're low health. Happened several times to me that the whole room was filled with orbs and no one moved...so...it's just like the priests lightwell unglyphed. You had to remind them every single cooldown to click it for heal. Now there's finally this glyph that makes it proc automatically

Mastery is better in 25man. But still Iw ould go for mastery instead of crit in 10man. The fights i seen on beta have some movment in them so ppl will run in them.

There are a lot of fights that require re-positioning whether it be minor or drastic.
    The reason why Mastery is going to be so much better is it Scales with intellect and the proc rate off our heals can be insane. Sitting at around 19-21% depending on reforging at times, you see so many popping up.

I can agree that without people knowing how to use them, they are wasted and that can result in a huge HPS decrease. It's up to every Mistweaver to teach and inform your group or raid groups to use them. Simple as that

Well some old dogs are hard to learn to sit

But we just need to keep nagging on them

Quote Originally Posted by EGTactics View Post
    There are a lot of fights that require re-positioning whether it be minor or drastic.
    The reason why Mastery is going to be so much better is it Scales with intellect and the proc rate off our heals can be insane. Sitting at around 19-21% depending on reforging at times, you see so many popping up.

I can agree that without people knowing how to use them, they are wasted and that can result in a huge HPS decrease. It's up to every Mistweaver to teach and inform your group or raid groups to use them. Simple as that
    Almost all of my mastery orbs are passively procced due to proximity of the player in which it spawns. The person standing in the clump with them procs it. Not much "teaching" to do -- it isn't a lightwell. Only argument for having to force people to move through the orbs is 10man, and that's still very limited.

Deleted
    ^ Pretty much that, they'll either be absorbed on spawn or picked up at one point due to the mechanics of the fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Affiniti View Post
    Almost all of my mastery orbs are passively procced due to proximity of the player in which it spawns. The person standing in the clump with them procs it. Not much "teaching" to do -- it isn't a lightwell. Only argument for having to force people to move through the orbs is 10man, and that's still very limited.
    I have been following your progress on the beta, for 25m, what would you say stat priority is? Spirit until comfortable > 1350 Haste > Int > Spirit > Mastery > Crit > Haste?
    Check out my blog about my monk at www.zenpilgrimage.com. Mistfit of OVERCLOCKED, [US] Proudmoore

As a former Priest, everyone says this (about Lightwell), but it just isn't the reality. Lightwell was really good if you were stacked up, which made finding and reaching the Lightwell easier, or there was a predictable damage phase (think Red on Maloriak). Otherwise to be perfectly honest its crap.

Now, MW mastery has a few things going for it that Lightwell doesn't. You don't have to play the positioning game (they spawn by the player, I assume?), and players don't have to click - which is really a huge issue with LW. All you have to do with healing orbs is tell people to run through them if they can.

I'm too scarred by Lightwell to stack Mastery when I'm healing (except if the fight requires the raid to stack, perhaps), but I think it'll probably be ok. Definitely the biggest negative to MW at the moment, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Felade View Post
    As a former Priest, everyone says this (about Lightwell), but it just isn't the reality. Lightwell was really good if you were stacked up, which made finding and reaching the Lightwell easier, or there was a predictable damage phase (think Red on Maloriak). Otherwise to be perfectly honest its crap.

Now, MW mastery has a few things going for it that Lightwell doesn't. You don't have to play the positioning game (they spawn by the player, I assume?), and players don't have to click - which is really a huge issue with LW. All you have to do with healing orbs is tell people to run through them if they can.

I'm too scarred by Lightwell to stack Mastery when I'm healing (except if the fight requires the raid to stack, perhaps), but I think it'll probably be ok. Definitely the biggest negative to MW at the moment, though.
    Agreed. I haven't been a big fan of it since it was revealed but it can be, if used correctly, a huge HPS increase.

Deleted
    Imo its time to change raiding guild if your fellow raiders cant walk to orbs. Ofc in pug there are always braindead people who cant click lightwell etc but if you are raiding with guild this shouldnt be a problem.

Deleted
    I'm not seeing the comparisons to lightwell to be relevant at all, we benefit from them without the benefactor having to do anything extra at all.

Both of these things require player interaction. although our mastery is to a lesser extent, it almost guarantees that we will never get a full benefit from our mastery by the end of each fight. this is similar to the light well which was incredibly powerful but most of the time ended up going to waste. Not to mention the benefactor does need to interact with it on a spread out fight. Just because there are a lot of stacking fights does not mean that we will always get the benefit of being stacked up. Already, spread out, our spinning crane kick would be at a disadvantage and then couple that in a 25 man with only being able to have 8 renewing mists active outside of cooldowns, your uplift isn't exactly doing much either. Having an interactive mastery that is bound to have at least some failure and you are really cutting the toolbox down. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Imo its time to change raiding guild if your fellow raiders cant walk to orbs. Ofc in pug there are always braindead people who cant click lightwell etc but if you are raiding with guild this shouldnt be a problem.
    Raiders have a lot to worry about. They have to worry about their rotation (and if your DPS are anything like our DPS, worrying about trinket ICDs, timers, buffs and whatnot, that's a fair amount of worrying). Then they have to worry about various mechanics of a fight, and their own self healing and survivability CDs. And then they have to basically do your job for you by running over orbs/clicking a lightwell? People act like raiding is easy whenever these interactive abilities are brought up, but we all spend lots of time thinking/writing/doing this stuff and no one's one-shotting heroic modes here. These interactive abilities take up more mental bandwidth than they are worth either in power or in terms of designing compelling gameplay.

MW mastery isn't quite as involved as Lightwell (at least you don't have to click and the orb places itself), but having the DPS do your job for you/and/or having your performance determined by other players isn't compelling gameplay. I'd be happy if Blizz just quit it with these mechanics, but they seem to really like them (I think they like them for trying to get raiders more aware of whats going on around them).

I'm not seeing the comparisons to lightwell to be relevant at all, we benefit from them without the benefactor having to do anything extra at all.
    He has to walk through the sphere (remember, movement is a DPS loss for most folks) to get the benefit.

I dont think anyone here is saying OMG you have lost 2hp.. quick run over an orb

Quote Originally Posted by Felade View Post
    He has to walk through the sphere (remember, movement is a DPS loss for most folks) to get the benefit.
    but on the other hand Death is a bigger DPS loss than movement, so be aware of your own hp and if an orb is next to you and you think you might not get a heal.. sidestep lose 25dps and not die
    Shhh im typing this to u on my i phone on the toilet at work