Page 42 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am currently level 34 and just got Teachings of the Monastary, so at this level (before renewing mists, SCK, and Uplift), When using a melee/healing style (plus Chi Wave as my t30 pick), i assume the Chi Spenders Priority looks something like:

a) Enveloping Mists (for emergencies)
    b) Touch Of Death (if possible)
    c) BoK if less <2 stacks or <3 seconds left on SZ
    d) Chi Wave if off cooldown
    e) Tiger palm to stack vital mists and tiger power

is that correct that Blackout kick comes before Chi Wave in order to stack/maintain serpent's zeal?

If anyone is interested, I put together a weakaura that will watch the ICD of power strikes. It's pretty basic and doesn't know how to check your spec for the talent, but it will help if you want to maximize PS chi gain even in environments where you can't jab a ton.

Hrm can't post links!
    pastebin.com/z4w7Zp4t

Is the haste thing 1350 number or 13.50% percent in raid?

Deleted
    1350 rating.

I'd like to see what is your "raid" experience as MW, and by raid i mean galeon and Sha of anger.

I'm totally surprised by the mana regen.

Our healing team included a disc and a Rdrood, who are very good players, and who were Wol ranked on several dragon soul 25 hm fight, so i don't compare myself ( who used to be a lock) with players i don't know.

I was on both boss a LOT LOT ahead them, and when they were oom, i was beetween 55 and 85%. So i really wonder if the full spirit option is good.
    I put the uplift glyph to test, and i'll see next time.

My template included RJW and Zen Sphere: i used Zen sphere, and zen sphere detonation was , on galeon for exemple, my first healing source ( about 40%).
    On sha it was more something like 25% RenM; 20% uplift, 20% SCK, 20% Zen sphere detonation, 10% mastery, 5% eminence

I didnt try Chi burst, but i will. But, to be honest, when burst healing on demand is required, Zen sphere is a pure blast:
    - have a ZS on you before burst and cap to 4 chi
    - Zs detonate, zs
    - 4 chi with the cd
    - zd detonate

So i wonder, what is your experience, is the class more OP than it was on beta, or are these 2 boss totally MW friendly

I find that you get heavily penalized if you don't use your mana tea on cd, preferably with 2 stacks =P

Also:
    - Chi Burst does some awesome healing if you can aim it at several players.

- Eminence healing is actually not that bad and you get to contribute with some DPS too

- Our tank healing is very unbalanced, if you don't get those chi from soothing mist to cast enveloping mist you either use surging mist and your mana goes to shit, or you have to use a guaranteed chi generator (jab, expel harm, RM) and have the tank's health at risk.

- I'm doing top AoE damage in dungeons lol

15+ Year Old Account
    My aoe healing is awesome in 5 mans, and for most fights I have no problems with mana or keeping everyone up. However, there are some cases where the tank is tanking alot of spiky damage, and I find myself having to use surging mists more often which is making me go oom. Its a little frustrating not having any tank heal cd besides the bubble. And I do use the 3 minute cd on most boss fights in 5 mans. But if dps is slow, and the boss starts hitting harder or faster, alot of the time my tank gets raped.

I have healed a couple Sha fights, and I've easliy been in the top 5 on hps, but I know this is because of the crazy aoe heals we have
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

I did Sha/Galleon on the second day, we were all mostly in greenies, was way ahead of others except for one shaman, he was like 1:1 with me, me being slightly ahead. Mana was okay on Galleon, but on Sha it was...well, I died and hat 50% again after the rez. I'm at about 8,5k spirit with the trinket now, but I think I'll use both int trinkets for raiding, will have to see how it works out

10+ Year Old Account
    I think glyph of mana tea is ok, but a little overrated because you end up wasting time if you are not using it on cooldown.
    I use regular mana tea and channel it when ever i have a free moment, just try not to cap 20 stacks of tea if you can help it.

Zen Sphere is my new favorite t15 talent. Mistweavers seem to be really weak on tank healing, and Zen Sphere used as a HoT and never burst helps.

But frankly it's still weak and we have too many raid healing options and not enough tank healing options. I feel like ZS should be redesigned such that initially applying Zen Sphere it is an absorption shield (that also reflects damage) and refreshing it turn any excess shield effect into a direct Heal and puts up a fresh shield.

Chi Burst need some sort of targeting fix. you always need to stand in such a way as your target is on the far side of you and all the secondary target which is a real pain in the ass. At least let it heal people within an 8 yard radius of the final target, , ,
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2012-10-01 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    Chi Burst need some sort of targeting fix. you always need to stand in such a way as your target is on the far side of you and all the secondary target which is a real pain in the ass. At least let it heal people within an 8 yard radius of the final target, , ,
    That would just make it too powerful and nullify the need for Uplift in most situations. As it is right now it does a higher output than Uplift at the same Chi cost, but is hard to hit lots of targets, whereas Uplift goes on everyone with Renewing Mist (which should be the full raid group).

10+ Year Old Account
    that just goes to show that both abilities are mechanically very awkward.

Deleted
    sotthing mist should realy be changed, in something like: " generate 1 chi every 2 tick ( or 3 tick)" instead of this total RNG generation, that makes real tank healing just impossible

10+ Year Old Account
    I have only been able to test out Sha so far but I have a question, for a 10 man raid boss, such as stone guard, where everyone is stacked but the tank, would it be more powerful to ZS or Uplift with RM on everyone? I was sold on Uplift but from what I've read ZS can really pump out the heals (haven't tested it that much)

Quote Originally Posted by Jake5467 View Post
    I have only been able to test out Sha so far but I have a question, for a 10 man raid boss, such as stone guard, where everyone is stacked but the tank, would it be more powerful to ZS or Uplift with RM on everyone? I was sold on Uplift but from what I've read ZS can really pump out the heals (haven't tested it that much)
    Looking at the scaling of ZS it seems to be great, I plan on giving it a try later tonight. If I have a chance to try it i'll provide some feedback.

ZS and Chi Burst both have an AE cap of I *think* 6. After 6 it "DR's" or just caps at that and splits the healing equally amongst all the players in range beyond 6 targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Affiniti View Post
    ZS and Chi Burst both have an AE cap of I *think* 6. After 6 it "DR's" or just caps at that and splits the healing equally amongst all the players in range beyond 6 targets.
    I'm almost certain that it caps at 6 as for splitting the X amount of healing over 6+ targets I'm not too sure about that. I'm personally favoring Chi wave at the moment, trying ZS out later tonight.

For pure values here, this is what it was based on the final beta build (not sure if it has changed much since then, but I don't believe so)

Uplift at 8 targets or greater
    Chi Burst if less than 8 targets are effectively healed.

ZS is a nice BURST spell, but it costs twice as much as any other spell. If it cost 2 chi then it would be a tad behind Chi Burst and in most situations preferable as it has zero cast time and is easier on positioning, but since it costs 4 chi it isn't worth the cost.

(These numbers are talking purely raiding, and have no reflection on what you should use in heroic 5 mans or challenge modes)

15+ Year Old Account
    So I need some healing advice. I know monk aoe heals are really strong, but would be viable having a mistweaver tank heal in a raid situation? About to start 25 mans tomorrow, and they mentioned letting me tank healing. I'm just a little nervous because I find myself going close to oom on a couple of 5 man fights where the tank is taking alot of spike damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    So I need some healing advice. I know monk aoe heals are really strong, but would be viable having a mistweaver tank heal in a raid situation? About to start 25 mans tomorrow, and they mentioned letting me tank healing. I'm just a little nervous because I find myself going close to oom on a couple of 5 man fights where the tank is taking alot of spike damage.
    You shouldn't be the one tank healing.

From what I see ZS is great for the burst heal component as you've said, I originally had Chi burst but getting that to be effective was like trying to force all the stars to allign.

My experience so far is limited to heroic dungeons currently, I see ZS being very situational. I've had time's where RNG has been favoring me and my Chi generation is just insane to the point I almost struggle to spend it all. With such a situation ZS can be a nice blanket heal and then used again in 12 seconds or so for the burst heal.

I'll have to play around with it tonight so that I can discuss it through experience rather than description/scaling.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Affiniti View Post
    You shouldn't be the one tank healing.
    Thank you for the response! So do you think mistweaver could be a tank healer in later tiers maybe? Or do you think we are mostly a raid healer and support?