Page 43 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    Thank you for the response! So do you think mistweaver could be a tank healer in later tiers maybe? Or do you think we are mostly a raid healer and support?
    Soothing Mist, Surging Mist, Enveloping Mist are our only single target heals.

Surging Mists will simply be ignored most of the time if tank healing due to the large mana cost.

Currently we shoudn't be tank healing and if we are it shoudn't be alone, if we are able to later on will be determined on the changes/tier set bonuses.

Deleted
    BUT, we have the most powerfull tank healing, with the biggest burst, althought his mana consumtion is awful.

I think with a 2t14 and some more spirit ( let's say 10/11 k unbuff ), we could be great in tank healing.

---------- Post added 2012-10-02 at 09:07 AM ----------

And for the chi burst and ZS debate, i think it only depends on where the raid stacks.

far away from boss: you can do a line beetween you and the boss: chi burst
    ON the boss: zen sphere.

If you have another MW in the raid, try to see with him to always place himself on the other side on the raid, so that he can chi burst on you while you chi burst on him, to both heal the raid

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sakk View Post
    BUT, we have the most powerfull tank healing, with the biggest burst, althought his mana consumtion is awful.

I think with a 2t14 and some more spirit ( let's say 10/11 k unbuff ), we could be great in tank healing.

---------- Post added 2012-10-02 at 09:07 AM ----------

And for the chi burst and ZS debate, i think it only depends on where the raid stacks.

far away from boss: you can do a line beetween you and the boss: chi burst
    ON the boss: zen sphere.

If you have another MW in the raid, try to see with him to always place himself on the other side on the raid, so that he can chi burst on you while you chi burst on him, to both heal the raid
    Yes we do have some very powerful healing, but in its current state, we will go oom very very fast if put on a tank using the soothing mist>enveloping mist>surging mist combo. I just see us being classified as tank healers right now. We have a few good cd's too, but I think it would be a waste of our utility to have us as tank heals only.
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

10+ Year Old Account
    our healing toolkit seems too biased toward raid healing and too weak for tank healing.

Renewing Mist, Uplift, Spinning Crane Kick, Chi Burst/Zen Sphere: Detonate, Revival, Rushing Jade Wind/Invoke Xuen/Chi Torpedo: all of these are for aoe healing.

I am reminded somewhat of Restoration Druids who were abysmal Tank healers in Cataclysm. Basically in Cataclysm, Druids had a good Stabilizer (Lifebloom), weak reactive burst (swiftmend and natures swiftness) and one problematic life-or-death ablity (Rebirth, because the tank looses all threat). but no mitigation cooldown, and no shielding. 3 out of five basic tools was insufficient to be a good tank healer.

We have excellent reactive Burst (Surge/Eneveloping mist), a weak mitigation cooldown (Life Cocoon, weak because it doesn't reduce incoming damage by any %, i would love a 20% damage reduction like HoSac or Iron Bark), and no shielding and no stablizer and no life-or-death emergency heal. Again only two out of five basic tools.

Really i would gladly need to trade one of our AoE healing Abilities with a shield (Power Word:Shield) or a stabilizer (Holy Shield, Earth Shield, Lifebloom, Beacon of Light) or an emergency heal (Lay on Hands, Guardian Spirit, Spirit Link Totem).

I should note, that i have been using Zen Sphere as a tank stabilizer by never detonating it. Considering that Chi Burst is already an AoE heal, and Chi Wave a Cleave, i would rather Zen Sphere be a purely single target ability. Say, a Shield that reflects damage for 2chi, and reapplying it converts any left over shielding into an instant heal and resets the shield.
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2012-10-02 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    our healing toolkit seems too biased toward raid healing and too weak for tank healing.

Renewing Mist, Uplift, Spinning Crane Kick, Chi Burst/Zen Sphere: Detonate, Revival, Rushing Jade Wind/Invoke Xuen/Chi Torpedo: all of these are for aoe healing.

I am reminded somewhat of Restoration Druids who were abysmal Tank healers in Cataclysm. Basically in Cataclysm, Druids had a good Stabilizer (Lifebloom), weak reactive burst (swiftmend and natures swiftness) and one problematic life-or-death ablity (Rebirth, because the tank looses all threat). but no mitigation cooldown, and no shielding. 3 out of five basic tools was insufficient to be a good tank healer.

We have excellent reactive Burst (Surge/Eneveloping mist), a weak mitigation cooldown (Life Cocoon, weak because it doesn't reduce incoming damage by any %, i would love a 20% damage reduction like HoSac or Iron Bark), and no shielding and no stablizer and no life-or-death emergency heal. Again only two out of five basic tools.

Really i would gladly need to trade one of our AoE healing Abilities with a shield (Power Word:Shield) or a stabilizer (Holy Shield, Earth Shield, Lifebloom, Beacon of Light) or an emergency heal (Lay on Hands, Guardian Spirit, Spirit Link Totem).

I should note, that i have been using Zen Sphere as a tank stabilizer by never detonating it. Considering that Chi Burst is already an AoE heal, and Chi Wave a Cleave, i would rather Zen Sphere be a purely single target ability. Say, a Shield that reflects damage for 2chi, and reapplying it converts any left over shielding into an instant heal and resets the shield.
    I like the idea of Zen Sphere reflection instead of detonation.
    I just wish our Tier was more focused on one of our AOE healing abilities so it'll come to much more use IMO.

Sorry about any changes and such to the guide(Lvling 1-90 burnt me out for a day or two). I plan on adding a BIS list for raid tier once raids finally open up

Quote Originally Posted by EGTactics View Post
    Sorry about any changes and such to the guide(Lvling 1-90 burnt me out for a day or two). I plan on adding a BIS list for raid tier once raids finally open up
    You have absolutly nothing to be sorry about, you've done so much already!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    Yes we do have some very powerful healing, but in its current state, we will go oom very very fast if put on a tank using the soothing mist>enveloping mist>surging mist combo. I just see us being classified as tank healers right now. We have a few good cd's too, but I think it would be a waste of our utility to have us as tank heals only.

This exactly, while it is within the realm of possibility current gear levels make it not the smartest choice. I can heal up a DK who just got rocked by popping SM>EM>Uplift>Surgre but ill simply run myself oom within seconds. However as things stand I still dont see us being able to compete with the likes of a Holy Paladin when it comes to tank heals, I have a feeling that we are going to be stuck as "Hero Class Resto Druid".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helander View Post
    I still dont see us being able to compete with the likes of a Holy Paladin when it comes to tank heals, I have a feeling that we are going to be stuck as "Hero Class Resto Druid".
    so it would seem. We are like a resto druid with both spread/mobile and Stacked/static AoE

Deleted
    One question to you guys. Which of those shoes would you prefer?
    Crushing Treads of Anger or Treads of Corrupted Water with a 320 spirit gem.

Crusing treads has more intellect , spirit and mastery. Treads of corrupted water only has 229 more spirit due to the gem.

Difference:

106 int.
    109 mastery.
    129 stamina.

OR

229 spirit.

It comes down to can you afford to lose that bit of spirit to gain more throughput and with the Treads you can be flexible on the gemming. The two are basically on par I would probably say slap Purified Imperial Amethyst. into the socket your still gaining more spirit with a little bit less int.

The difference would then be.

26 int.
    109 mastery.
    129 stamina.

OR

69 spirit.
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-10-03 at 10:18 PM.

I'm having a problem with serpents zeal right now largely being I can't see the buff at all, I've tried turning off all addons etc making sure to look for it and have had no luck, I'm going to assume it wasn't removed from the game and ask if this is something I need to train or do something specific before using. Currently I've place my totem down and done my jab into kick to not result in any stacks. Any help would be appreciated.

Darth

Quote Originally Posted by darthmauller View Post
    I'm having a problem with serpents zeal right now largely being I can't see the buff at all, I've tried turning off all addons etc making sure to look for it and have had no luck, I'm going to assume it wasn't removed from the game and ask if this is something I need to train or do something specific before using. Currently I've place my totem down and done my jab into kick to not result in any stacks. Any help would be appreciated.

Darth
    It's still in-game, I would either get a mod such as tellmewhen and see if that can track the buff or you can try clearing your cache and running a Blizzard repair.
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-10-04 at 12:54 AM.

Deleted
    there are some real problem with Zen sphere ^^

100k+ hps on Feng, without mana probleme ? wtf?

i don't like to ask for a nerf, but, well..., there's a problem with zen sphere ( a bug on the diminushing return when it hits 25 people? )

Deleted
    They'll nerf it and not fix 25m's ridiculous tuning

10+ Year Old Account
    The biggest problem with the Mistweaver spec, i have found, is that there just aren't enough huge packs of mobs clustered together for efficient AoE farming!

My mistweaver is 84, and as I've gotten higher I've found my self using melee to heal much less. There just arent enough trash or bosses I feel ok being in melee range with. How much are you guys in heroics and even raids really using melee to heal during light damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Silverkit View Post
    My mistweaver is 84, and as I've gotten higher I've found my self using melee to heal much less. There just arent enough trash or bosses I feel ok being in melee range with. How much are you guys in heroics and even raids really using melee to heal during light damage?
    From my experience, heroics only so far. I find that there are actually some encounters I can ignore healing completely and fistweave throughout the entire fight.

So with the pvp season starting, do you think its better going for the one hand weapon and off hand or the two handed weapon. I suspect one hand and off hand will be better because we wont be doing alot of fistweaving in arena. Any input?

Quote Originally Posted by Victoris View Post
    So with the pvp season starting, do you think its better going for the one hand weapon and off hand or the two handed weapon. I suspect one hand and off hand will be better because we wont be doing alot of fistweaving in arena. Any input?
    Fistweaving can assist in kills in higher rated arena everything counts. I'm currently discussing in a thread MH/OH vs 2H in terms of healing and eminence.
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-10-04 at 11:00 PM.

the only thing im worried about fistweaving in arenas is positioning. Seems like staying at range using crackling jade lightning would be more beneficial just because of the positioning.