Page 44 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoris View Post
    the only thing im worried about fistweaving in arenas is positioning. Seems like staying at range using crackling jade lightning would be more beneficial just because of the positioning.
    PvP as you know is VERY situational. You will have times where you can and can't fistweave.

Hmm, interesting point, going to use the staff from arena of annihilation scenario and trying it out until conquest weapons. Thanks for the input.

Hello fellow monks,

Has anyone considered 3 extra ticks from ReM assuming heroism and standard spell haste raid buff are active? If my calcs. are correct, 1609 is the haste rating you need to obtain 9 ticks on ReM assuming those conditions. Since in MV so far my guild has been using heroism to push through the tougher phases in terms of raid damage I can imagine a 9 tick ReM spread around 20 players (with the aid of thunder focus tea) can become a powerful source of healing for the monk simply by sacrificing a mere 259 rating of a more useful secondary stat, probably mastery. =D

Deleted
    3538, 10614, 17713

New MW here

I am MS tank PVE and OS Heals PVP

I basically just picked up heals a few hours ago, fixed my glyphs and fixed my bars; and i went to the dummies to start playing around. I am OOMing extremely fast, how do i fix this? and what is the best chi user spell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Visagex View Post
    New MW here

I am MS tank PVE and OS Heals PVP

I basically just picked up heals a few hours ago, fixed my glyphs and fixed my bars; and i went to the dummies to start playing around. I am OOMing extremely fast, how do i fix this? and what is the best chi user spell.
    You need to use Mana Tea or you will run out of mana. It is absolutely integral to your rotation that you learn to use mana tea as often as possible. Either glyphed or unglyphed. For Pvp, glyphing it it best, since that will make Mana Tea instant and you won't have to stand around with your thumb up your ass drinking. get an addon to help you track the Glyped Mana Tea Cooldown.

Also try getting more spirit, that will help with mana regeneration, and spirit also increases hit and expertise which (although, the hit cap is much lower for PvP).

Chi Spenders are all very situational, since the some provide more healing than damage and some more damage than healing, some provide aoe healing, some have to be cast (which is always tricky in pvp). I don't really know much about pvp healing, but Touch of Death can be awesome in PvP for finishing off an opponent, if you can pull it off, and Chi Wave can really cheese your enemies off as well. Basically instants spells are the most important in PvP so you can stay mobile: so Jab, Renewing Mists, Expel Harm to build chi, and Uplift, Chi Wave/Zen Sphere, Touch of Death, Blackout Kick, Tiger Palm to spend Chi.

channeled spells can also be used if done appropriately. Crackling Jade Lightning is a knockback, and you should glyph it for pvp to increase the knock-back distance. Soothing mists can be used for a single tick which lasts a fraction of a second, and therefore not enough time to be interrupted.
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2012-10-05 at 02:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild 3 shot kittys and we got the second guy down to 5mill before we failed at getting away from him in time. Healing on kitty's is probably the most confusing and misleading thing I've done as a mistweaver. No matter what I do people manage to spread all over the room, ReM wasn't enough, any Tier 3. I just tank healed and managed to keep some kind of mana going till the end.

Whatever the second guy is called, we got him to 5 mil before getting nuked because we can't run away from him in time. I was with an experienced Druid and a holy priest, and then later two Druids, I outperformed them and didn't have a single issue with mana. We had ranged diagonally across from the boss, and I use ReM and EH for chi generation with soothing on slow damage parts, Chi Burst through everyone. If a tank had problems with nullifying an Earthquake, we'd rotate healer tranqs, and I used the tornado thing w/spinning crane kick as well as revival when they got low enough. The super kick was also very nice on his fire phase.

Anyone have any suggestions on tactics for the first boss? It's awful with everything I tried, yet on the second fight I go into the third phase with half mana. (glyphed for tea and renewing, still clinging to my aggro drop one for heroics)

*isn't my terminology great? I'm on my phone
    Last edited by Solemnity; 2012-10-05 at 04:40 PM.

I just tried raiding last night as a mistweaver. I'm not an experienced raider at all. I have only ever done ICC in Cata gear and LFR.
    I was having major problems healing and I was just looking for advice. I find my AoE heals weren't that great and I was not really sure what spells to be using to be most effective.

This is what I was doing:

ReM>Uplift when I could if people were taking a lot of AoE then in Oh shit situations I'd use spinning crane kick with the boost from the Tornado skill. That was basically all I could think to do for AOE healing.

Tank healing I'd just focus on using Soothing mists with ReM and EM basically all the time to keep that sick heal on the tank. And surging mists in oh shit moments.
    I found tank healing was actually pretty easy but my AoE heals are really lack luster considering if everyone's not stacked on all fights, SCK is useless and ReM hits four people...

Quote Originally Posted by Solemnity View Post
    My guild 3 shot kittys and we got the second guy down to 5mill before we failed at getting away from him in time. Healing on kitty's is probably the most confusing and misleading thing I've done as a mistweaver. No matter what I do people manage to spread all over the room, ReM wasn't enough, any Tier 3. I just tank healed and managed to keep some kind of mana going till the end.

Whatever the second guy is called, we got him to 5 mil before getting nuked because we can't run away from him in time. I was with an experienced Druid and a holy priest, and then later two Druids, I outperformed them and didn't have a single issue with mana. We had ranged diagonally across from the boss, and I use ReM and EH for chi generation with soothing on slow damage parts, Chi Burst through everyone. If a tank had problems with nullifying an Earthquake, we'd rotate healer tranqs, and I used the tornado thing w/spinning crane kick as well as revival when they got low enough. The super kick was also very nice on his fire phase.

Anyone have any suggestions on tactics for the first boss? It's awful with everything I tried, yet on the second fight I go into the third phase with half mana. (glyphed for tea and renewing, still clinging to my aggro drop one for heroics)

*isn't my terminology great? I'm on my phone
    Depending on if you are doing 10 or 25m and how stacked you are in p2, consider Zen Sphere for Feng. On average, Zen Sphere hits *everyone* (no aoe cap I can see) in range for ~45k on a non crit. Uplift, for me, is about 25k (so 50k for 4 chi worth). If you can hit more people with ZS than you have RM on, ZS becomes > uplift. This is definitely true for our guild on Feng (the entire raid stacks on his hip in p2 and we all stack for epicenters). In our kill, I ended the fight at 75% mana with 89.5k hps (in retrospect I should have dpsed more in lul phases, that's far too much mana to end with!). All that's for 25m, I doubt ZS will beat uplift in 10m situations since you should have RM on every target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    Touch of Death can be awesome in PvP for finishing off an opponent
    Ehhh? I could have sworn it says in the description something about non-player characters only? Or does it work differently against players?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyjimbob View Post
    Ehhh? I could have sworn it says in the description something about non-player characters only? Or does it work differently against players?
    "Only usable on non-player targets who have equal or less health than you."

ofc doesn't work in PvP. How ridiculous would that be? Spec BrM, stack Stam and oneshot everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisKoe View Post
    "Only usable on non-player targets who have equal or less health than you."

ofc doesn't work in PvP. How ridiculous would that be? Spec BrM, stack Stam and oneshot everyone?
    The 4 set pvp bonus of the windwalker set allows you to use Touch of Death on players below 10% health.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyjimbob View Post
    I was not paying attention when i wrote that. forgive me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravidi View Post
    I just tried raiding last night as a mistweaver. I'm not an experienced raider at all. I have only ever done ICC in Cata gear and LFR.
    I was having major problems healing and I was just looking for advice. I find my AoE heals weren't that great and I was not really sure what spells to be using to be most effective.

This is what I was doing:

ReM>Uplift when I could if people were taking a lot of AoE then in Oh shit situations I'd use spinning crane kick with the boost from the Tornado skill. That was basically all I could think to do for AOE healing.

Tank healing I'd just focus on using Soothing mists with ReM and EM basically all the time to keep that sick heal on the tank. And surging mists in oh shit moments.
    I found tank healing was actually pretty easy but my AoE heals are really lack luster considering if everyone's not stacked on all fights, SCK is useless and ReM hits four people...
    One of the best things about Mistweaver in my opinion is that the way you play it alters hugely depending on the fight.

On Stone Guard assuming your raid is tanking this bosses is a triangle (I play 25 man so it will vary a bit on 10 man) you mostly want to be playing jab/jab/uplift style. In other words you use Renewing Mists on Cooldown, build Chi with Jab and Spend Chi with Uplift. So basically 2x Jab, 1x Uplift and repeat ad infinitum. If you have bis Pre Raid gear you should be able to do this all fight and just barely avoid going oom. If you want to throw in some spinning crane kick if people are stacked up then you can but this will tax your mana very aggressively. Here's a log of our Stone Guard kill from last night.

On Feng you basically want to afk the part of the fight when he's not casting Epicentre and conserve your mana, then spam Spinning Crane Kick with Rushing Jade Wind everytime he casts Epicentre.

You should never be tank healing as Mistweaver, other classes are far more suited to it and it's completely wasting the Monk's aoe healing ability, which is by far the best of any spec right now.

Especially in 25 man it's rare that you have reason to be casting soothing mist, surging mist or enveloping mists. You're much more useful to your raid playing jab, jab, uplift or spamming crane kick.

Quote Originally Posted by zonde View Post
    The 4 set pvp bonus of the windwalker set allows you to use Touch of Death on players below 10% health.
    Really didn't knew that, thanks.
    This doesn't seem to be too strong, though considering that ToD costs 3 Chi or a glyph+increased CD.

Really didn't knew that, thanks.
    This doesn't seem to be too strong, though considering that ToD costs 3 Chi or a glyph+increased CD.
    Its OP as hell. You glyph it so chi isnt an issue and whenever someone drops to 10% regardless of cheat death/shields they die. It happends plenty of times in pvp matches that someone will drop low but recover. Not with a monk with this set bonus. Only Bubble/Iceblock saves you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Its OP as hell. You glyph it so chi isnt an issue and whenever someone drops to 10% regardless of cheat death/shields they die. It happends plenty of times in pvp matches that someone will drop low but recover. Not with a monk with this set bonus. Only Bubble/Iceblock saves you.
    10% just sounds like a really low threshold to me. But again, my knowledge in PvP is very limited.

Something completely different:
    What's everyone's thoughts on the new DMC trinket?
    I'm rather dissapointed about a spirit proc rather than a quasi-permanent Spirit buff in 4.x.
    Any word on the proc uptime yet? Napkin math tells me if it's the usual ~50s ICD, that trinket is barely better than the normal mode raid drops, most likely worse than Spirits of the Sun considering constant selfhealing via spread ReM and possible Healing Elixirs.
    At the moment, I don't think I'll bother getting it, since it doesn't seem to be as overpowered as the old one and its price will be quite nasty.

Deleted
    In 25mans, I believe that Jab,Jab,Uplift is extremely strong, because you have lots of other healers to save the low-health targets. My problem last raid was, that we were running monk-druid-shaman setup in 10man, and that shaman wasnt completely geared. So especially on kitties, where tank damage is quite high, I was often forced to go Soothing-Enveloping or even Surging. Also, I find it hard in 10 man to be melee healing..I just feel that I lose too much time.. and also using non-instatnt spells, like Sooting, and then its worthless to stay in melee...

Was wondering if any other mistweaver monks were having trouble adding renewing mists to vuhdo. Even though I have it checked to show as an icon, its only showing up as text. Any help would be great.

Edit: Problem was fixed, author actually helped me out.
    Last edited by Victoris; 2012-10-06 at 12:58 PM.

Deleted
    What's everyone's thoughts on the new DMC trinket?
    quoting EJ (resto shaman forum)
    "The all new Darkmoon Card craftable trinket is proving to be one of the strongest contenders in this patch. Don't let its low ilvl fool you, its healing throughput is quite sufficient while it boasts the best regen in the game,surpassed only by the heroic versions of the highest ilvl trinkets. It works on 15% proc chance with 45sec ICD."

i'll definitly get it.