Page 45 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I've tried MW lately and I love it.
    Haven't seen Jade Spirit lately, Is Windsong 2nd best?

Deleted
    Noticed today that the new Darkmoon Card has an animation effect to go with it's proc. Sort of like moonkins glyph. A side effect though is that it alters our Chi Torpedo and Spinning Crane Kick animations by quite a bit. Instead of the edging green effect it's all filled in white. I can see this being an annoyance in dungeons or raids causing people not to see some ground effects they need to avoid.

Deleted
    Yeah, it's quite annoying on elegon tonight where you couldn't see the add AoE over it =/

Quote Originally Posted by Hijiri View Post
    I've tried MW lately and I love it.
    Haven't seen Jade Spirit lately, Is Windsong 2nd best?
    Jade spirit needs higher rep then most people have so its really hard to get a hold of if possible at all.
    Windsong tho...
    its utter crap.
    Your looking at a 2% uptime unless your dps healing every boss and even then its not amazing. Switch to Wotlk enchants until Jade Spirit is available.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Switch to Wotlk enchants until Jade Spirit is available.

Think/hope you mean Heartsong (cata)? I'm using that untill I'm able to get the MoP one..

Deleted
    I go with heartsong,too, atm until i get jade spirit.

Deleted
    Zen Sphere been fixed / nerfed? Noticed on our tries of Feng tonight I was no longer doing around 2-3 times the healing of other healers. Changed to Chi Burst and was getting much better numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, zen sphere has been hot fixed. It no longer gives full effect if it goes over a certain number of people (haven't tested the exact number but I believe it is 6), this makes it a sub par talent and you should just stick to chi burst.
    Check out my blog about my monk at www.zenpilgrimage.com. Mistfit of OVERCLOCKED, [US] Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Windsong tho...
    its utter crap.
    Your looking at a 2% uptime unless your dps healing every boss and even then its not amazing. Switch to Wotlk enchants until Jade Spirit is available.
    Where are you getting 2%?
    For all the buffs in total (there's 3, remember) I had 24% uptime on bosses in my last raid. Granted I'm at least auto attacking for all but Elegon at the moment.
    Nice thing about it too, is if you're having to heal spam at some point (or just SCK..), you're likely to get all 3 buffs up at once. That's a huge boost right while you need it!

Mmh... May I ask you why none of you talk about Chi Wave (or something like that, not Zen Sphere, not Chi Burst... the first one) ? Is it bad ? I don't like Zen Sphere and I don't like the fact that I have to cast Chi Burst... I'm fond of Chi Wave... is it a bad thing and if yes, why ?

Thanks and sorry if I'm not clear enough :s

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    Personally I don´t find Chi Wave reliable, since most of the times it won´t bounce the 7 times. If I cast it at a random ranged target, It might or might not jump even once, 50/50. If I use it on the boss directly, It will jump one time, but there´s again no guarantee that it will do it again. The only time I find it useful is when casted on myself and no allies around, this time it will jump all 7 times between me and the possible targets.

Since the fix to Zen sphere Chi burst is the best option hands down.

Deleted
    I like Chi Wave but I think it's still suffering from a bug where it sometimes doesn't jump as many times as it should. I tried it a bit on our Feng tries last night but it didn't seem to do as well as Chi Burst. We do stack as a group for most of the fight though so it does help for Chi Burst a lot. Although now I'm looking at logs I can't remember if that was a bugged try or not. Most of our attempts were hampered by tanks unable to click the crystals to receive their abilities.

I think that if Chi Wave is fixed it will have a spot for spread out AoE damage phases. On a side note to that does anyone know if monks can get Arcane Resonance and such buffs that are set for ranged / healers. There's a part of me that hopes not and that I could stay in melee but it's not worth gambling on.

Deleted
    I noticed on some parses on WoL that some of the high mistweaver healers have an exceptional amount of chi wave healing I guess they got lucky.

Nah i do think they fixed Chi wave, last week it didnt work for me but now it does and doing great amount of healing/dmg

Okay but when do you use Chi Burst ? I mean instead of Uplift ? On aoe burst phase ? Or something like that ? And I think it is only worth the use if there are a certain amount of allies to heal ?

Homophobia is so gay.

Using Chi burst over Uplift will come down to how many targets have RM compared to how many people can be healed with Chi burst.

Oh okay thank you... and I look at the guide and it is written "1350 haste"... we should not get higher than that ?

Homophobia is so gay.

Is there any way to macro rushing jade wind with spinning crane kick ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Oh okay thank you... and I look at the guide and it is written "1350 haste"... we should not get higher than that ?
    1350 from memory is for another tick on one of our abilities (Renewing mists I think it was) from there the value of haste diminishes as it doesn't weigh as well as other stats and other "Breakpoints" are too far.

Quote Originally Posted by Ndogg View Post
    Is there any way to macro rushing jade wind with spinning crane kick ?
    Both have a GCD and you will require a cast sequence to do so.

/castsequence Rushing Jade Wind, Spinning Crane Kick.

The above should work.
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-10-09 at 09:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    5.0.5 "fixes". Knew about the zen sphere fix, but the nerf to SCK is unexpected. Guess they don't want us overpowering the other healing classes on aoe healing fights

-Detonating Zen Sphere now does progressively less damage when more than 10 targets are affected.
    -The healing generated by Spinning Crane Kick has been reduced by 30%.
    Check out my blog about my monk at www.zenpilgrimage.com. Mistfit of OVERCLOCKED, [US] Proudmoore