Page 56 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by waterdust View Post
    I am currnetly in a casual 10 man raiding team which are still doing Mogushan vaults. (We do 2 nights a week and this is our first time raiding as a group)
    Now since i do not practice all that much with my MW monk, i will probably need more experience with the class (since I was a priest healer before this).
    But what i have noticed is that i do like 40% overhealing on pretty much every boss.
    This i think is a whole lot.
    What i usually do is put up RM on pretty much all of the party, use jab when possible or use SoM to generate chi and use it on uplift together with TFT if possible.
    I'm mostly in charge of raid healing which works fine and i help out on tanks with SoM with enveloping mist.
    2 questions: can i do less overhealing? and how do i best cope with burst aoe damage (absorbing a epicenter on Feng? (i spam SKK as we group in the middle)
    Any help is apreciated.
    Monk overheal a LOT. Its prefectly normal, because of how Renewing mist and Uplift work. 40% overheal is actually low, I usually do more than 60/70% on every fight. Dont worry about it, despite what people say. If you manage to heal the raid and not be oom, overheal shouldnt even be discussed.

Regarding AOE spot healing, you pretty much got it : SCK spamming. Use Rem, SCK and Expel harm to generate Chi, and spend the CHi on Uplift. You could also consider Chi burst but I believe Uplift is better for 10m format.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    Is anyone working on a simulation for pure eminence healing playstyle?
    The biggest problem with that is how severe Jab mana cost will be over the course of an entire raid boss. I was trying to do this before, thinking it was what I was suppose to do, and had around 10290 spirit. I regularly OoM'd before the boss died because using Revival whenever I needed to and the occasional Renewing Mist on the tank would cause an unavoidable downward spiral and I'd have to drop glyph and chug for quite some time to make up for those.

Remember that Jab costs 3% of your mana and even with Power Strikes you'll be hitting it constantly to have enough Chi to keep up TP and Blackout Kicking regularly.

Though, by heroic Terrace of Endless Spring, and careful Spirit raising, you might have enough spirit and spellpower at the same time to make it sustainable. In 25 man.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    The biggest problem with that is how severe Jab mana cost will be over the course of an entire raid boss. I was trying to do this before, thinking it was what I was suppose to do, and had around 10290 spirit. I regularly OoM'd before the boss died because using Revival whenever I needed to and the occasional Renewing Mist on the tank would cause an unavoidable downward spiral and I'd have to drop glyph and chug for quite some time to make up for those.

Remember that Jab costs 3% of your mana and even with Power Strikes you'll be hitting it constantly to have enough Chi to keep up TP and Blackout Kicking regularly.

Though, by heroic Terrace of Endless Spring, and careful Spirit raising, you might have enough spirit and spellpower at the same time to make it sustainable. In 25 man.
    I'm managing it fine with around 11.1k spirit buffed and the proc from DMC, granted my mana still goes in the negative but at a manageable rate - enough so to finish heroic gara'jal with around 50% left which isn't too bad considering how well it heals.
    Last edited by mmocf10b8a8948; 2012-11-06 at 06:31 PM.

I'm managing it fine with around 11.1k spirit buffed and the proc from DMC, granted my mana still goes in the negative but at a manageable rate - enough so to finish heroic gara'jal with around 50% left which isn't too bad considering how well it heals.
    Why did you mention Gara'jal, a boss with a mana-regen buff?
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]

Deleted
    Why did you mention Gara'jal, a boss with a mana-regen buff?
    I was not going inside, no mana regen buff if you don't.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nice Guide I see. I'm currently leveling my monk healer together with a friend, and I just arrived in northrend. So far as I see it, I'm not doing that much wrong. I just have one question: are the healing spheres ever used as a healer? I find it pretty annoying to actually have to lay them down with a target circle - even though it is quite fast. but what exactly is the use for this? I know it's getting a bit more difficult as soon as I step in heroic dungeons at 90 and later on maybe into raids, but currently the healing the spheres heals are not big enough to make it worth casting them...

Nah, they aren't commonly used in PvE. People use them in arenas (until 5.1) to put under their transcendence, but generally in 5 man heroics and raids, from what I have seen looking through numerous logs, not a lot of people use them.

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    Nice Guide I see. I'm currently leveling my monk healer together with a friend, and I just arrived in northrend. So far as I see it, I'm not doing that much wrong. I just have one question: are the healing spheres ever used as a healer? I find it pretty annoying to actually have to lay them down with a target circle - even though it is quite fast. but what exactly is the use for this? I know it's getting a bit more difficult as soon as I step in heroic dungeons at 90 and later on maybe into raids, but currently the healing the spheres heals are not big enough to make it worth casting them...
    They're useful in 5-mans when you have a tank who just won't get healed fast enough. Unfortunately, those spheres can be cheaper per heal than using surging mist. Also, in LFR, I tend to throw some down at the off-tank (dogs/will) to make sure that if they have to back up, there'll be free heals waiting for them.
    [What's half of minor?]

Hey guys, few quick questions. First off, I'm going to be raiding 10s, and here's my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ultline/simple

How do Crit and Mastery compare right now? I see with the upcoming changes, Crit will likely pull ahead, and have already reforged towards it, as I'm pretty sure they were pretty close before they started tweaking us?

When can I replace this staff? Lol. It seems so strong for fistweaving, with melee DPS and caster stats.

I need a new trinket. Suggestions?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by F4ulty View Post
    Hey guys, few quick questions. First off, I'm going to be raiding 10s, and here's my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ultline/simple

How do Crit and Mastery compare right now? I see with the upcoming changes, Crit will likely pull ahead, and have already reforged towards it, as I'm pretty sure they were pretty close before they started tweaking us?

When can I replace this staff? Lol. It seems so strong for fistweaving, with melee DPS and caster stats.

I need a new trinket. Suggestions?
    Its true that staff is op for fistweaving, take a look at my comment here

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=126890/eminence

Its true that staff is op for fistweaving
    Funny story. When I switched to Tihan (Raid Finder version) my overall autoattack damage (not just DPS) skyrocketed. Mistweaver's Jab/Tiger Palm/Blackout Kick damage is heavily biased towards higher ilvl weapons and not just higher on-item weapon damage.

Also, how is he going to be able to fistweave with ~5300 spirit? The lowest suggestions for a more uplift/SCK focused build is >7500 spirit and a pure fistweave is over 11k.
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2012-11-09 at 12:49 PM.
    [What's half of minor?]

Also, how is he going to be able to fistweave with ~5300 spirit? The lowest suggestions for a more uplift/SCK focused build is >7500 spirit and a pure fistweave is over 11k.
    I know I don't have a lot of spirit, but I've actually been just fine on mana using assassination rogue approach to pushing buttons. in other words, my activity is probably quite low. No logs just yet, just set up our WoL account last week and couldn't make the first raid I had a friend log. (Which went horrible, btw. Someone invited two pugs with no gems or reforges without armorying them first) I'll try whoring myself out on spirit and see how that goes.

And you think I should upgrade already? I suppose I could always just put a higher ilvl weapon on and test some autoattacks on a dummy :P

Need my coffee first, though.

Edit: Ran LFR verrrry lazily for a log. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/6ho50v695vhz8hwb/
    Last edited by F4ulty; 2012-11-09 at 02:50 PM.

Okay, if a bit of armory study and parsing through some of the WoL data for Feng I've just got a few suggestions.

Unless armory is bugged, it seems you come in just under the ~8.3% haste (after buff) needed to get another tick off Enveloping Mist. If that's true, a tiny bit of a reforge and you're good to go. (It'll also help your eminence healing if that's really want you want to do.) We're talking 30k-40k more healing from it. The other thing is going to be very, very guild specific. If you honestly believe your guildies will seek out orbs when they need them, then by all means your mastery is fine; but, if there's any doubt mastery->crit. Your eminence and renewing mist healing will see a noticeable boost. That's entirely up to your discretion.

Also, just so you know, you have about 1,600 more int than I do right now (my MW doesn't do normal/heroic raiding at the moment) but your melee is only slightly ahead of mine. With the above weapon and that much less SP/AP.
    [What's half of minor?]

Deleted
    Funny story. When I switched to Tihan (Raid Finder version) my overall autoattack damage (not just DPS) skyrocketed. Mistweaver's Jab/Tiger Palm/Blackout Kick damage is heavily biased towards higher ilvl weapons and not just higher on-item weapon damage.

It clearly says in the comment lower gear levels may want to just keep SZ up, I've done tests with weapons from 450 to 489 and it seems at least for 1 handers that 489 is the time to switch.

I've done tests with weapons from 450 to 489 and it seems at least for 1 handers that 489 is the time to switch.
    So have I. 476 did it for me. The 1249 spellpower and all the intellect that comes from a decent off-hand with an intellect enchantment just left that staff in the dust.
    [What's half of minor?]

Some Tips:
    You can drastically slow down the speed & distance of Roll, Chi Torpedo, (and Flying Serpent Kick) by toggling on walk/run.
    Weak Aura is a must to help preventing you from overcapping your Mana Tea stacks and keeping track of remaining CD on Power Strikes & Healing Elixirs etc.
    You can target your jade statue with Chi Burst so placement of your statue matters much more.
    Consider Chi Torpedo with Celerity if you're having trouble with mana.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    Some Tips:
    You can drastically slow down the speed & distance of Roll, Chi Torpedo, (and Flying Serpent Kick) by toggling on walk/run.
    Hopping up and down also drastically shortens your roll. Guess that would be useful for Chi Torpedo if you didn't want to roll far away.
    Last edited by Themos; 2012-11-11 at 03:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    Some Tips:
    Weak Aura is a must to help preventing you from overcapping your Mana Tea stacks and keeping track of remaining CD on Power Strikes & Healing Elixirs etc.
    You can target your jade statue with Chi Burst so placement of your statue matters much more.
    Consider Chi Torpedo with Celerity if you're having trouble with mana.
    Wow, thankyou so much. I never liked chi torpedo because it could put me in fire or somewhere I don't want to be, but this is amazing! I knew you could just jump but at Australian net speed (200-300ms) that is way too difficult to rely on. +1 to you sir

Deleted
    so i was just readin the front page today and saw this,Stance of the Wise Serpent (New) Increases healing done by 0%, replaces your Energy resource with Mana, grants hit and expertise equal to 0% Spirit gained from items or effects. Increases haste from items by 0%. Your attack power is equal to 0% of your spell power, and you no longer benefit from other sources of attack power. In addition, you also gain Eminence, causing you to heal the lowest health nearby target within 20 yards for an amount equal to 50% of non-autoattack damage you deal, like srsly just straight out 20% nerf to all healin? thats a bit much....

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vamonos View Post
    so i was just readin the front page today and saw this,Stance of the Wise Serpent (New) Increases healing done by 0%, replaces your Energy resource with Mana, grants hit and expertise equal to 0% Spirit gained from items or effects. Increases haste from items by 0%. Your attack power is equal to 0% of your spell power, and you no longer benefit from other sources of attack power. In addition, you also gain Eminence, causing you to heal the lowest health nearby target within 20 yards for an amount equal to 50% of non-autoattack damage you deal, like srsly just straight out 20% nerf to all healin? thats a bit much....
    The fact it has 0% everywhere strongly suggests this is an error.