Page 63 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Well, think about it.. one is extra chi (Power Strikes), one is extra mana (Ascension), and the other is an "oh shit" button (Chi Brew).

What Blizzard did is bring back the choice at that level, it completely goes with your play style. We now have a legit personal choice in this talent tier. There is no winner, you decide.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    Mistweaver:
    -The mana costs of Jab, Spinning Crane Kick, Soothing Mist, Crackling Jade Lightning, and Renewing Mists have been increased by 30%.
    -Soothing Mist and Crackling Jade Lightning now have a 30% chance to generate Chi when they deal damage (was 35%).

Monk bugfixes
    -Dampen Harm now correctly only mitigates attacks that deal at least 20% of the Monk's maximum health.
    -Enlightenment is now always granted upon completion of Monk daily quests.
    -Gaining Power Guard will once again light up the alert on the Guard hotkey.
    -Renewing Mists will now always prioritize players over player controlled pets.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7922045

Oh well... it's like they said : hey let's try and make everything you can do as unattractive as possible so everything is shit.
    I know that many monks don't have mana problems. But this could be easily dealed with by us with reducing spirit on our gear in favor of gemming for int again. But now this ? m(
    At least they fixed RnM >.<
    Last edited by mmoc38ad543cf0; 2012-12-01 at 09:07 AM.

So yea bring us more nerfs. Sure we where OP wiht the ReM+Uplift spam. But the problem was Uplift, not ReM

Monks' class designers are REALLY retarded. Like, amazigly thick.

Deleted
    To be honest i can see where they are heading with those changes.
    So many people stating that they not only have no mana problems as monk but "ohlolol never under 90% mana DDDD lel". The results of that behaviour can be seen here.
    The nerf to 30% chi generation chance on SM and CJL is kind of weird but obviously they felt that without ascension and many people going for the haste cap of 4718 in SS sometimes chi generation was too fast.

Looking forward to see how those manacosts work out on monday when my next raid is scheduled.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    Well seeing as how you get back 24k mana every 10 seconds with glyphed mana tea w/o Ascension and 28k with it seems like it's 2000 mp5, or better put at most 2000 mp5.
    more than 2000 mp5 if you factor in the 45k mana pool increase
    for a 6min fight it's an additional 625 mp5, decreasing in value the longer it takes
    Last edited by Restofari; 2012-12-01 at 12:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let me just put this arguement out there for Ascension. It may only be a 2k increased mana return per stack of mana tea BUT I love it due to the fact that in the luls in damage when your mana can regenerate easily through spirit or at the start of a fight when not much is happening you have that extra 45k mana "banked" in a way, that you wouldn't normally have. I have definately noticed the difference

Quote Originally Posted by Jake5467 View Post
    Let me just put this arguement out there for Ascension. It may only be a 2k increased mana return per stack of mana tea BUT I love it due to the fact that in the luls in damage when your mana can regenerate easily through spirit or at the start of a fight when not much is happening you have that extra 45k mana "banked" in a way, that you wouldn't normally have. I have definately noticed the difference
    I've unglyphed my Mana Tea so I can chug all the way back to full when on a lull. With Ascension, it's quite nice.

The hotfixes can suck an egg. There is a big problem with Monk mana scaling, these % nerfs won't fix the problem, only make it harder for Monks that are still at the 470 ilvl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Restofari View Post
    more than 2000 mp5 if you factor in the 45k mana pool increase
    for a 6min fight it's an additional 625 mp5, decreasing in value the longer it takes
    That was taking into account the increased mana pool. What else would I have been using?

Quote Originally Posted by Themos View Post
    The hotfixes can suck an egg. There is a big problem with Monk mana scaling, these % nerfs won't fix the problem, only make it harder for Monks that are still at the 470 ilvl.
    This is pretty much the roadblock for me. I had just switched with a Shaman in 10m healing while being noticibly lower ilvl than him. I was having serious trouble healing people who spread out (a hunter died repeatedly because I just kept getting out of range of her) on Elegon. Bladelord was fine but I couldn't figure out how to burst heal properly without Chi Brew when the Unseen Strike knockback would happen. So, obviously being new to real raid healing on this spec, I kept having my mana dip down below 20% trying to spot heal to make up for anyone I just couldn't SCK and who my RnM kept skipping over. This is with like 8.6k spirit, Darkweave, Spirits of the Sun (LFR), and Price of Progression (1/1) and a spirit flask.

After yet another hike in mana costs and a slight nerf to single-target overall healing potential, I really don't feel confident in my ability to heal normal mode without at least scraping ilvl490.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    This is pretty much the roadblock for me. I had just switched with a Shaman in 10m healing while being noticibly lower ilvl than him. I was having serious trouble healing people who spread out (a hunter died repeatedly because I just kept getting out of range of her) on Elegon. Bladelord was fine but I couldn't figure out how to burst heal properly without Chi Brew when the Unseen Strike knockback would happen. So, obviously being new to real raid healing on this spec, I kept having my mana dip down below 20% trying to spot heal to make up for anyone I just couldn't SCK and who my RnM kept skipping over. This is with like 8.6k spirit, Darkweave, Spirits of the Sun (LFR), and Price of Progression (1/1) and a spirit flask.

After yet another hike in mana costs and a slight nerf to single-target overall healing potential, I really don't feel confident in my ability to heal normal mode without at least scraping ilvl490.
    It's doable, trust me. Here is my armory, 487 ilvl: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rchan/advanced Just so you know, both tier pieces I've gotten this week. I replaced Chestguard of Despair with the tier piece, and I have Magnetized Leggings. I swap the legs depending on the fight, as much as I thought the tier bonuses sucked, they are quite helpful on Tsulong. Since I got both of those this week, when we did Bladelord, my ilvl was 483.

For Unseen Strike, make sure you use TFT to help blanket the raid at least 10 seconds before it hits. One thing I do, is once everyone is stacked correctly, about a second before he does it, I SCK. You can get a tick or two off before everyone is out of range, and some people stay close enough to get hit by the rest.

Unless you are a total badass and can single heal it (and your group is equally good), you aren't the ONLY healer in the raid. Don't worry too much on burst healing, let the classes better suited for it do that. Sure, spend all 4 chi on uplifts, and you *should* be able to throw one more ReM and an EH to get one more Uplift out, by then, everyone should be above 50-75%. Let the people who are good at single target nuke heals deal with the person that landed in a tornado while you top off the rest of the raid. Also, don't forget for yourself, for Unseen, Dampen Harm is helpful, so you can focus on everyone else.

Lastly, Darkmoon Faire starts tomorrow, I recommend getting the trinket. Prices should be down a bit more now that a lot of people have theirs and the market will be absolutely flooded by the middle of the week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello guys,

I was wondering if someone could help me out with some things on my character, since this post is not updated since launch.

- Is there any website / forum I can follow for an updated guide?
    - Is there a new Haste Cap we should aim for, specially for those raiding 25 man who can get all the buffs available ingame with the recent Stance of the Wise Serpent change?

Armory: link

Thanks,
    ~ Pandamorium
    Last edited by Ogait; 2012-12-03 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Adding armory!
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post
    Hello guys,

I was wondering if someone could help me out with some things on my character, since this post is not updated since launch.

- Is there any website / forum I can follow for an updated guide?
    - Is there a new Haste Cap we should aim for, specially for those raiding 25 man who can get all the buffs available ingame with the recent Stance of the Wise Serpent change?

Armory: link

Thanks,
    ~ Pandamorium
    The guide here still works. Reading through the (latest) pages will get you up to date.

3145 is the new "haste cap" to go for. That is 4718 whilst in Serpent Stance.

15+ Year Old Account
    The guide is good, but I really wish it would be updated to reflect the changes MW has gone through the past few weeks. The EJ guide is a bit out-dated too I believe.
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    The guide is good, but I really wish it would be updated to reflect the changes MW has gone through the past few weeks. The EJ guide is a bit out-dated too I believe.
    Agreed, EG said he'd have it updated over a month ago, wonder what the issue is.

EDIT: The main guide (same as this one) has been updated on EG's website: http://www.endgametactics.com/mistweaver-guide-2/

Also, might wanna read his post on the main website. Someone else is going to have to pick up the torch here: http://www.endgametactics.com/2012/1...com-were-back/
    Last edited by Jekerdud; 2012-12-03 at 11:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any thoughts on this build?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Mist/advanced

Seems like a smart way to go. Lots of spirit for mana regen, and increased eminence damage/healing.

Deleted
    Seems fine, I'm not seeing anything that's really abstract to say the least. If your primary focus is increased eminence & spirit I'd say replace that belt gem with the green + spi/crit, perhaps meet the intellect socket bonuses and try look out a decent 2 hander.

It won't be reasonable or smart to always be in melee range.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Any thoughts on this build?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Mist/advanced

Seems like a smart way to go. Lots of spirit for mana regen, and increased eminence damage/healing.
    Only question I'm having is if it's worth all the crit you're reforging in favour of the haste breakpoint?

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    Seems fine, I'm not seeing anything that's really abstract to say the least. If your primary focus is increased eminence & spirit I'd say replace that belt gem with the green + spi/crit, perhaps meet the intellect socket bonuses and try look out a decent 2 hander.
    The obvious choice this tier would be Heroic Kri'tak/Tihan and Heroic Fan, no? No real staff to compete.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Algot View Post
    Only question I'm having is if it's worth all the crit you're reforging in favour of the haste breakpoint?

The obvious choice this tier would be Heroic Kri'tak/Tihan and Heroic Fan, no? No real staff to compete.
    Jin'ya, the sha corrupted caster staff. Obviously you'll end up with roughly a third of the spirit I'd say it would be worth it if you're solely going for eminence healing. I've done no real math to test it but staves are generally ahead when it comes to eminence damage.