Page 65 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    I thought with the changes to ReM that you had to take the 47XX haste breakpoint or ReM was actually weaker than it was prepatch. I go 6k spirit > 47XX haste > crit > mastery and I'm sitting at 23% crit in so-so gear.

I guess also worth mentioning is that I shelled out for Jade Spirit, so I usually don't touch tea til I get down below 25% so that the spirit proc has a chance to be effective. After that I just chug on CD and stay between 15% and 40% the rest of the fight.
    To reach 4718 haste in my current gear I have to drop a lot of crit. The extra tick from ReM with that haste will obviously be better.

The HPS difference between 2k more haste in favour of 2k crit is very marginal. On top of that, crit helps with mana management.

So until I get gear which will take me closer to the haste breakpoints without reforging, I'm sticking to crit.

Deleted
    "Discipline Priests and Monks will be buffed somewhat to bring them up to par."

"Discipline Priests and Monks"

"Discipline Priests"

wat

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    "Discipline Priests and Monks will be buffed somewhat to bring them up to par."

"Discipline Priests and Monks"

"Discipline Priests"

wat
    He was talking about PvP.

Yea but disc might not have alot of burst healing. But all that absorbs is still insane imo. And Buff them more in pvp and they will get buffed in pve also

I dont see how healing heroic with 6k spirit is ever viable to yeah... not much point talking about overgeared normal modes if your discussing MW's current state.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I dont see how healing heroic with 6k spirit is ever viable to yeah... not much point talking about overgeared normal modes if your discussing MW's current state.
    I was not suggesting that I was raiding heroic content with 6k. Love it how if your not raiding hardcore content you are apparently not allowed to theorycraft. I'm done.

The people who need help with normal modes aren't the people checking with theorycrafters. And your "information" is so blatantly wrong and unhelpful that any of those poor sods who DO see it are going to have even MORE trouble with those normal modes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lebowski View Post
    The people who need help with normal modes aren't the people checking with theorycrafters. And your "information" is so blatantly wrong and unhelpful that any of those poor sods who DO see it are going to have even MORE trouble with those normal modes.
    That is just not true. Discussions about the state of MW is for everyone. Besides, the amount of people actually raiding heroic modes is incredibly small in the full picture.

Just because you're "only" pushing through normal content, doesn't mean you don't want to bring the most out of your class.

I don't know to whose "information" you are referring to here, but I don't see anything that will cause problems for anyone.

I was referring to the guy saying 6k spirit is fine, and to not use mana tea until you get under 25%. I'm not saying information is useless, I'm saying BAD information is the worst thing that can happen to a theorycrafting topic. Especially when impressionable minds are reading it.

I was referring to the guy saying 6k spirit is fine, and to not use mana tea until you get under 25%. I'm not saying information is useless, I'm saying BAD information is the worst thing that can happen to a theorycrafting topic. Especially when impressionable minds are reading it.
    Exactly, Chuupag is a massive idiot, 6k spirit isn't enough, not even close, and we have to use mana tea the second it comes off cooldown.

The 30% mana cost nerfs have made us extremely dependent on stacking spirit and using mana tea constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Courierrawr View Post
    Exactly, Chuupag is a massive idiot, 6k spirit isn't enough, not even close, and we have to use mana tea the second it comes off cooldown.
    Calling someone a massive idiot because he/she has found that 6k spirit will suffice with their specific raid comp and current progression is ridiculous at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Algot View Post
    That is just not true. Discussions about the state of MW is for everyone. Besides, the amount of people actually raiding heroic modes is incredibly small in the full picture.
    Exactly this. This thread isn't solely for theorycrafters. Rather it is a discussion on the Mistweaver class.

I was not suggesting that I was raiding heroic content with 6k. Love it how if your not raiding hardcore content you are apparently not allowed to theorycraft. I'm done.
    Chuupag, you have every right to post in this forum and state what works for you. With that being said, I do have a little bit of an issue with your line of thinking in terms of theorycrafting. You seem to be confusing theorycrafting with using situational examples of what works for you. Claiming you're a theorycrafter or thinking you are theory crafting when you say you don't need more than 6k spirit and to not use mana tea unless under 25% to benefit from the jade serpent proc is simply inaccurate.

Without providing any numbers or facts on why doing this is better than stacking spirit, glyphing mana tea and using it on CD, or using unglyphed mana tea during downtime even when you are above 25% mana is spreading wrong information when you attach the notion that you are theory crafting to it. I find it worrisome if you are under the impression that 6k spirit and not using mana tea unless under 25% is the route to go if you're a mistweaver and that you may have told other mistweavers to do this. Please be aware that just because you've found this to be ideal for your own specific comp and progression does not mean that other mistweavers should follow your example.

we have to use mana tea the second it comes off cooldown.
    Not really. You should just end the fight with zero charges and zero mana. Anything else is inefficient.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've actually dropped down to 5k spirit now, and still doing fine.

A long time ago back in Wrath when I was maining a resto druid I was told something that changed the way I look at healing. "If you have mana at the end of the fight you have too much spirit." There isn't much theorycrafting you can do for Mistweavers at this point with how messed up our itemization is. Crit is our best throughput stat and now doubles as a regen stat. Haste is garbage except for certain breakpoints. And Mastery depends on people walking through our Lightwells...I mean Healing Spheres. Basically the only thing you can say is get as much crit as you possibly can, get enough spirit that you are comfortable with, decide if you want the 4718 breakpoint, then dump mastery.

For me that comfortable spot is 5k spirit. I have chi-ji and I game the system with Jade Spirit since we are the only healer who can without screwing over their throughput. Since I am dumping so much spirit for the other throughput stats I regen less but I heal harder and very rarely end the fight with more than 10% mana. This works for me.

For me that comfortable spot is 5k spirit. I have chi-ji and I game the system with Jade Spirit since we are the only healer who can without screwing over their throughput.
    Yours is practically the only case where it makes sense to me for a healer to use care about the "emergency 750 spirit" aspect of Jade Spirit. If someone is aiming for 10k spirit up from ~7-7.5k, a momentary boost of 750 shouldn't have much of a noticeable impact unless it stayed on the entire time you were under 25% mana.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyo View Post
    Not really. You should just end the fight with zero charges and zero mana. Anything else is inefficient.
    Did you completely misread my post? You're not going to end the fight with zero charges if you use don't them constantly..

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 01:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jayra View Post
    Calling someone a massive idiot because he/she has found that 6k spirit will suffice with their specific raid comp and current progression is ridiculous at best.
    Current progression? He's 4/16, he hasn't even completed truly healing intensive fights like Elegon, Wind Lord, Tsu-long, or Sha of Fear, I'm willing to bet that by time he's 16/16, if he ever reaches that point, he'll have 10k spirit and be using mana tea every chance he gets.

Forget ever doing heroic bosses with 6k spirit and only using mana tea at 25% mana.
    Last edited by Courierrawr; 2012-12-11 at 06:38 PM.

Current progression? He's 4/16, he hasn't even completed truly healing intensive fights like Elegon, Wind Lord, Tsu-long, or Sha of Fear, I'm willing to bet that by time he's 16/16, if he ever reaches that point, he'll have 10k spirit and be using mana tea every chance he gets.

Forget ever doing heroic bosses with 6k spirit and only using mana tea at 25% mana.
    So what if he's 4/16? If his guild is content with the rate of progression and he can heal effectively with 5k spirit then who gives a damn. It will be obvious to him if/when he does more healing intensive fights that 5k spirit and relying on the spirit proc from jade spirit isn't going to cut it. I'm not arguing that his line of thinking isnt wrong, only arguing that if it gets him through the non healing intensive fights he's done then who the hell are you or I to tell him to change.

If I decide on say tsulong or Sha of Fear or heroic Gara that the mana regen mechanics are sufficient for me to use an int flask w/ 300 int food am I doing it wrong cause I'm not going for as much spirit as possible? It's the same thing hes doing except for reforging out of spirit. Healing isn't the same as dpsing, each fight has different demands. If you are unable or unwilling to adjust to those demands then you're probably not a good healer.
    Last edited by Jayra; 2012-12-11 at 07:17 PM.

If he wants to rock 5k spirit, more power to him. This is NOT the place to be telling people about it. I could heal the fights he's been downing in WW spec popping Chi Wave and healing spheres. People come here looking for advice, and bad advice just bloats the topic.

Also, if you run with 5k spirit just for the sake of not having leftover mana, how about you try casting more heals? I would lovvvveeee to see your healing breakdowns.

Deleted
    I would lovvvveeee to see your healing breakdowns.
    It's not hard to browse WoL... not that many guilds logging on US-Jaedenar.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayra View Post
    So what if he's 4/16? If his guild is content with the rate of progression and he can heal effectively with 5k spirit then who gives a damn. It will be obvious to him if/when he does more healing intensive fights that 5k spirit and relying on the spirit proc from jade spirit isn't going to cut it. I'm not arguing that his line of thinking isnt wrong, only arguing that if it gets him through the non healing intensive fights he's done then who the hell are you or I to tell him to change.
    4/16 is nothing, he hasn't done a fight yet that is actually challenging healing wise, he has no right to say that we should be using 5k spirit, I've done 16/16 and I can safely say based on my own experiences that anything below 10k spirit is completely non-viable, especially after the 30% mana cost increases on the majority of our spells.

I'm constantly healing and regularly end fights with almost no mana left, the more spirit you have the more spells you can cast, it's as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by ccKep View Post
    It's not hard to browse WoL... not that many guilds logging on US-Jaedenar.
    Hey bro, that's really cool. Because every guild logs.

If you had taken your own advice you'd see his guild isn't even on there.