Page 70 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    I thought you needed the Blackout Kick buff to have your autoattacks heal? I thought Eminence only affected yellow hits?
    Yes, you need Serpent's Zeal active for your autoattack's damage to be converted into healing and yes, Eminence is as described by the tooltip "50% of non-autoattack damage". However, when you are empowered with Serpent's Zeal your autoattacks are converted to eminence healing, check logs and you won't find Serpent's Zeal healing but if you have the buff active and you add up only special attack damage it won't total up to the amount of eminence healing done (assuming there is effective healing to be made).

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    I thought you needed the Blackout Kick buff to have your autoattacks heal? I thought Eminence only affected yellow hits?
    Hes saying to not use Blackout Kick beyond keeping up Serpent Zeal, If you have a lot of mana you can keep doing jab+jab+BoK for more healing but its very mana intensive. if you dont have the regen just keep up SZ and auto attack.

So.. I've been wondering, what trinkets are the best for us? I have DMC+Will one, one day I'll eventually see one dropping from Tsulong.

I feel DMC+Tsulong, but will be working on heroic Will of the Emperor soon, so I'm wondering if Int + spirit procs x2 is the way to go.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    So.. I've been wondering, what trinkets are the best for us? I have DMC+Will one, one day I'll eventually see one dropping from Tsulong.

I feel DMC+Tsulong, but will be working on heroic Will of the Emperor soon, so I'm wondering if Int + spirit procs x2 is the way to go.
    I use Qin-xi and DMC. I feel those work better than 2x intellect trinkets, which I used pre mana nerf. And considering the item level difference, Spirits of the Sun replacing Qin-xi would be the natural choice. By then, you should have enough spirit from the rest of the gear to survive.

While this is something that’s going to take sometime to make the transition smooth, the guide over at MMO-Champion is going being to be taken down.
    Hmm that was published on egtactics homepage 19th november. So i guess this guild will fall alot behind.

Well, even if it's outdated, it's full of useful information, but it's going to be a lot worse in 5.2. Sadly monk is a lot of hit and miss, and you will see info for 25 and it's totally different in 10, so I have doubts only one person could keep a guild up.

The one on the official forum was done by one person still wearing greens to this day, and the elitist jerks one still state the beta number.

So yeah, you're pretty much on your own there.. need to learn the last page to keep updated.. otherwise you end up with tons of people QQing the monk class has mana issues while they have no idea what is the new haste breakpoint etc.

Yeah, if people didn't catch it, EGTactics is not going to keep this guide up to date here, he will on his main website. So, someone will have to carry the torch.

15+ Year Old Account
    So is everyone having mana issues still? I have pretty good gear, and am over 10k spirit and I am having massive mana issues. I don't know if my choice of spells is bad or if I'm spamming the wrong thing. I was doing pretty good before the mana cost increase, and now it just feels like something I'm doing is wrong because I am ending up oom early on in a boss fight. I was doing more fistweaving before, but now I'm doing more ranged healing and I don't feel like I'm doing as well.

Is there any site or guide that is more updated as far as rotations and stat priorities are concerned?
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    So is everyone having mana issues still? I have pretty good gear, and am over 10k spirit and I am having massive mana issues. I don't know if my choice of spells is bad or if I'm spamming the wrong thing. I was doing pretty good before the mana cost increase, and now it just feels like something I'm doing is wrong because I am ending up oom early on in a boss fight. I was doing more fistweaving before, but now I'm doing more ranged healing and I don't feel like I'm doing as well.

Is there any site or guide that is more updated as far as rotations and stat priorities are concerned?
    Stop spamming SCK and Surging Mist. its the only reason you should be having mana issues with 10k spirit

in my own experience:
    no mana tide = mana issues

it's like a hidden but necessary raid buff, bad design imo
    they should change that it only benefits the casting shaman
    and blizz could finally tune monk mana regen right for everyone
    Last edited by Restofari; 2013-01-04 at 12:44 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Stop spamming SCK and Surging Mist. its the only reason you should be having mana issues with 10k spirit
    I don't spam SCK or surging mist. I go oom just with renewing mist>soothing mist>enveloping mist(only on people taking damage). If I fistweave, I go oom even faster than just casting my heals.

Deleted
    My first guess would have been a significant change in your group comp, taking away mana cooldowns (like that Tide mentioned above already, or extra Mana Hymns, whatever comes to mind). I personally had a moment of insane drain when for some reason my un-glyphed Jab went up to the intended mana cost instead of the 9k "workaround", as well as it usually makes a massive difference for me if our Priest is healing or dps'ing, because he tends to be sloppy with Hymn of Hope and has to be begged (nicely reminded aka yelled at on comms) to use it as Shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    I don't spam SCK or surging mist. I go oom just with renewing mist>soothing mist>enveloping mist(only on people taking damage). If I fistweave, I go oom even faster than just casting my heals.
    Is your mana tea glyphed or unglyphed? Do any get wasted? Are you raiding heroic or normal?

Mana's not what it was before, but 10k spirit should be enough to hold you off. Make sure to use Expel Harm on cooldown, it's the cheapest chi source we have. Constant soothing drains mana a lot, I hold off sometimes if ranged healing. I've found using jab(fist weaving) doesn't cause as much loss of mana since it generates mana teas more actively.

I've got 9k spirit not buffed, and it's okay for me. Sometimes I run out of mana before the fight, but monks are pretty good at running on fumes imo. It's usually not that inhibiting. It's a good thing if you don't have too much leftover mana. It's only bad if you can't keep up with a high damage burn phase.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allyrion View Post
    Is your mana tea glyphed or unglyphed? Do any get wasted? Are you raiding heroic or normal?

Mana's not what it was before, but 10k spirit should be enough to hold you off. Make sure to use Expel Harm on cooldown, it's the cheapest chi source we have. Constant soothing drains mana a lot, I hold off sometimes if ranged healing. I've found using jab(fist weaving) doesn't cause as much loss of mana since it generates mana teas more actively.

I've got 9k spirit not buffed, and it's okay for me. Sometimes I run out of mana before the fight, but monks are pretty good at running on fumes imo. It's usually not that inhibiting. It's a good thing if you don't have too much leftover mana. It's only bad if you can't keep up with a high damage burn phase.
    Yea I'm using mana tea glyph. I think I am using my soothing too much. My guild is 5/6 heroic in MGV, and I'm running on fumes on most the fights by the time the boss is down to 20% or less. On heroic gara'jal I do go oom in the burn phase because damage is so high, and yes I am going into the burn phase with full mana since I go into the spirit realm when I don't have voodoo. I think I need to lay off my soothing mist a bit.

Do you mean Surging? There's no way in hell Soothing is running you oom.

Deleted
    I hope this might be the right place in order to find an answer, because my thread in this forum was closed although there wasn't a correct answer to my question.

May someone give the 5.1. haste breakpoints of ENVELOPING Mists?

Deleted
    www .temerityofwindrunner.com/mistweaver/calc.html
    Enveloping mist 5.1
    8.29%, 24.92%, 41.74%
    887, 5376, 9915
    Raid buffed that is and i wouldent worry for that, what you want to aim for is the 16.65% - 3145 renewing mist breakpoint (3145 being in tiger stance)
    Last edited by mmoca2bebb7a66; 2013-01-07 at 04:24 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks, exactly what I was looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by lebowski View Post
    Do you mean Surging? There's no way in hell Soothing is running you oom.
    well yes if you use it as a preemtive hot (let's say like druids lifebloom) it will cost you a lot of mana. (3k mana per second. it negates your manareg from spirit, even drains a little) as the first tick occurs instantly, restrain and use it reactivly instead proactivly. (unless you're 100% sure there's this big hit comming and every HP matters)

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post
    well yes if you use it as a preemtive hot (let's say like druids lifebloom) it will cost you a lot of mana. (3k mana per second. it negates your manareg from spirit, even drains a little) as the first tick occurs instantly, restrain and use it reactivly instead proactivly. (unless you're 100% sure there's this big hit comming and every HP matters)
    ...What?

It's not a hot. You can't use it as a preemptive hot, because it's not a hot. If you're really talking about beaming someone in the face with Soothing while they're at full hp, then that's just bad. The only reason you would do that is to pre-channel for a known big hit, so that you can hit Surging or Enveloping, at which point you'd be channeling for a second, two at most. "preemptive hot" is completely wrong.