I mean, if you were using soothing to chi gen, then you need to use it when someones at max health because...wait for it...you need the chi (lolrng). That being said, jab and expel harm are better and should be used for chi gen. I only use soothing to put on EnvM...but normally I tank heal with HS during progression. EnvM is just to help make tanks more stable.

I run heroic spirits of the sun/relic of chi ji because they give the most passive intellect and the highest spirit regen. (I don't like proc throughput, but proc spirit can [almost] always be useful).
    I have those trinkets and 8800~ spirit passive (prepping my gear for next patch) and I don't think I've dropped below 50% mana on any fight, though this is speaking from our farm clears this week (so all of H HoF and H protectors). This entails me wasting mana I normally wouldn't because otherwise I'd mana cap, and thats just bad. So instead I waste mana and generate some more tea. Hard for me to give mana advice to others without seeing logs though.

Hello there, im considering trying out healing on my Monk, currently.. now, i figure ive got the use of the healing spells how i need to use them by reading the guide.. however, what im wondering, is how much of it can be bound by an addon like Clique?

The general idea im going for, is having keybinds via clique, for my healing spells, but having stuff to Fistweave as and where necessary on my action bars, Thus giving me the option of anything i could potentially do in any given situation.

I'm working towards the pre raid gear aswell (yes i know its late into 5.1, but at the moment, id rather do heroics to get used to healing as a MW.)

Also, my other question.. would Grid(i'm guessing so, but thought i'd ask anyway) track how many people you have Renewing Mists up on or are there any other addons you can recommend for that?

Deleted
    Grid will do that yes, in fact I think grid even tells you how many spreads are left on your current ReM.

Is it me or is the set bonuses for T15 look too good to be true? So used to have crap ones.

•Item - Monk T15 Mistweaver 2P Bonus (New) Your Renewing Mist heals for 15% more each time it travels to a new target.
    •Item - Monk T15 Mistweaver 4P Bonus (New) Reduces the cooldown of your Thunder Focus Tea by 10 sec
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    You mean we can heal our hunter's pets for 15% more? Crazy times.

Deleted
    Looks good, hope the bonus stays that way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    You mean we can heal our hunter's pets for 15% more? Crazy times.
    ehm i havent really noticed renewing jumping to pets anymore after they hotfixed it

Well compared to pally/priest 4-set monks 4-set dont really look that good imo. Hell even druids looks better.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the 4p is fairly decent compared to the priest 4p. A cd reduction is much better than a chance to proc a golden apparition when penance or circle of healing are used.
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Deleted
    To be honest, I expected some straightforward set boni like the ones they are giving now, as long as they haven't found their clear path for the MW yet. Also, ReM & TFT, actually stuff that we are using frequently for raiding, after the rather itchy T14 this is at least a massive step up the ladder. The fancy stuff can come when they sorted out what we shall be in the long run.

Maybe I'm bad at napkin maths, but if you put thunder focus tea on a 35 seconds cooldown and the ability lasts 30 seconds, considering renewing mist lasts 18 seconds, I am pretty sure it means you can keep a full 10 man raid on renewing mist full time.

Unless you have really bad traveling time.

Now the question is, when you uplift, does it refresh ReM including the 2pc bonus or not, because maybe then you wish to have it fall off so you can reapply it to gain the bonus.

The CD on TFT dont start when you click the ability, it starts when you eaither use ReM or SM

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vamonos View Post
    ehm i havent really noticed renewing jumping to pets anymore after they hotfixed it
    It's a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyo View Post
    ...What?

It's not a hot. You can't use it as a preemptive hot, because it's not a hot. If you're really talking about beaming someone in the face with Soothing while they're at full hp, then that's just bad. The only reason you would do that is to pre-channel for a known big hit, so that you can hit Surging or Enveloping, at which point you'd be channeling for a second, two at most. "preemptive hot" is completely wrong.
    whats your problem? that's exactly what I'm trying to say. the only way you can oom yourself with Soothing is by beaming at full HP people.
    I never said it is a hot, I said when you use it like a hot. (allthough it does count as hot e.g. profits from Cocoon, but it is channeled rather than cast. so actually it is a hot)

Deleted
    Any chance for update the guide for 5.1/5.2

I've stopped when 5.1 hitted and would like to se what has changed in spell prio, haste, mastery,crit etc.

70 pages of wall of text is doable, but would be better if summed up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello guys,

Just a quick question since I can't find the charts with the values on trinkets

Qin-xi's Polarizing Seal (Normal) vs Spirits of the Sun (LFR)

The other trinket I am using is Relic of Chi-Ji, so which one I should use?

Thanks,
    ~ Pandamorium
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

Deleted
    Qin-xi's is a horrible trinket

You're going to want to use the relic and spirit over Qin-xi's. Static intellect with a proc of spirit is better than static spirit with a proc of intellect. There's a good chance you won't use your procced intellect on anything but overhealing whereas a spirit proc will almost always be useful unless you're in an environment where you're constantly at 100% mana (like coming right out of the spirit realm on gara'jal).

Relic and Spirit are really going to be the two trinkets you have in those slots.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    Qin-xi's is a horrible trinket
    You're always so negative

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay guys, thanks a lot for those answers! I'll swap my trinket as soon as I get home from University :P

Another thing, can you check if you'd change anything on my reforge/gem choices?

Armory: link.

Thanks,
    ~ Pandamorium
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |