Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Certainly looks interesting. I'm kinda looking forward to it.
    You're kinda in it, and you sound a lot like a shrink.

Trailer looked interesting enough, assuming it's to be a comedy/self-discovery film but I didn't really laugh at anything in the trailer. I understand how it can be funny, but hopefully the next trailer will showcase the humorous side.

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw the trailer yesterday, it looks fairly interesting. I love John C. Reilly’s voice. His choice of movies the last fear years has been incredible. He was in several of my favorites last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    And I'm surprised they got so many game companies aboard to use their characters. Capcom, Sega, Nintendo, Gottlieb (Q*Bert), Blizzard (maybe unsure where the Diablo-like character is from). It's like "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" but for video games.
    I thought the same thing. This movie looks awesome as heck, and I definitely plan to watch it.

New trailer looks awesome. Dig-Dug is in the train station. He drinks at the bar from (Root Beer) Tapper. References all over the place.

Also, the bit with Q*Bert and the other characters from his game as hobos is a strikingly sad image.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

I just saw this moving and I connected to it on a personal level in every way (not everyone will), with the video game nostalgia, the surprisingly much more emotional than you would expect plot (when the movie hits near mid-point, it really hits hard for animation when it comes to an emotional level. Close to the likes of Toy Story 3 and Up in my opinion).

Great movie! There were a lot of awesome references in it, and it was just a really well-made movie all around. I'd recommend it, and I'll probably end up seeing it again.

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    Great movie! There were a lot of awesome references in it, and it was just a really well-made movie all around. I'd recommend it, and I'll probably end up seeing it again.
    I agree 100%, I would actually rather go see this again than go see Skyfall (I haven't seen it yet), and that says things because I really want to see Skyfall and Lincoln.

Amazing movie... I think it's a shoe in for "Best Animated Picture of 2012." I really enjoyed Brave as well... but Wreck it Ralph knocked it out of the park. Everyone should go see this movie.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    Amazing movie... I think it's a shoe in for "Best Animated Picture of 2012." I really enjoyed Brave as well... but Wreck it Ralph knocked it out of the park. Everyone should go see this movie.
    With things like Brave and The Secret World of Arrietty on the table? No way.

Wreck-It Ralph was good, but not great. The whole video game theme was VERY well done and some of the cameos and references were REALLY funny, but over all it was just a generic family movie. "Just be yourself and everything will be OK" lesson learned and everyone happy at the end, etc. Nothing new or exciting here.

Personally I enjoyed it a lot, but I imagine it's not nearly as funny to non-gamers.

"What's her problem?"
    "She has the most tragic back story ever programmed."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    I agree 100%, I would actually rather go see this again than go see Skyfall (I haven't seen it yet), and that says things because I really want to see Skyfall and Lincoln.
    lol... okay

Wreck it Ralph in the Movies- The Romantic preview flash.

It's a lil animation of a man looking for a girl because she left her lipstick on a document. AS the day goes by, the man sees the girl and tries to get her attention by throwing paper planes at her. Anyone know what it's called I can't seem to find it? >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    With things like Brave and The Secret World of Arrietty on the table? No way.

Wreck-It Ralph was good, but not great. The whole video game theme was VERY well done and some of the cameos and references were REALLY funny, but over all it was just a generic family movie. "Just be yourself and everything will be OK" lesson learned and everyone happy at the end, etc. Nothing new or exciting here.

Personally I enjoyed it a lot, but I imagine it's not nearly as funny to non-gamers.

"What's her problem?"
    "She has the most tragic back story ever programmed."
    Brave? Wreck-It Ralph was 1000% times better than Brave, not saying Brave was bad, but Brave was truly so-so especially for Pixar. Secret World of Arriety was good but from what I have heard due to it only having it's US release in 2012 it does not qualify for the Oscars.

Wreck-It-Ralph has it in the bag, imo.

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 03:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaedoslim View Post
    It's a lil animation of a man looking for a girl because she left her lipstick on a document. AS the day goes by, the man sees the girl and tries to get her attention by throwing paper planes at her. Anyone know what it's called I can't seem to find it? >.<
    Paperman, sadly it isn't available online right now, I was looking for it too, you can only see it if you go see Wreck It Ralph

Hey author thanks for creating a new topic for this movie. Actually i want to see this movie and i want to know some more view from views about this movie. MY friends are going to watch and i want to know wheter this movie is worthy or not. This movie is produced by Disney movies so i don't think this movie will disappoint to any one.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Brave? Wreck-It Ralph was 1000% times better than Brave, not saying Brave was bad, but Brave was truly so-so especially for Pixar.
    Better, maybe, but not by huge amounts.

I agree that Brave is pretty mediocre for a Pixar movie. It looks good and has a setting interesting to all audiences though (also bears and people with accents and stuff.) Too many of Wreck-It Ralph's laughs come from the gaming references that not everyone will get or appreciate.

Personally, I enjoyed Wreck-It Ralph more than Brave, but the rational voice in the back of my head is telling me that Brave is overall the better movie. (and Arrietty trumps them both.)

Secret World of Arriety was good but from what I have heard due to it only having it's US release in 2012 it does not qualify for the Oscars.
    That didn't stop Spirited Away from winning an oscar.

Realistically I don't think Arrietty stands a chance of winning (sadly), but hey, Spirited Away beat out Lilo and Stitch that year so I can always hope.

Paperman is probably the best Animated short before a disney movie I have ever seen.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    Better, maybe, but not by huge amounts.

I agree that Brave is pretty mediocre for a Pixar movie. It looks good and has a setting interesting to all audiences though (also bears and people with accents and stuff.) Too many of Wreck-It Ralph's laughs come from the gaming references that not everyone will get or appreciate.

Personally, I enjoyed Wreck-It Ralph more than Brave, but the rational voice in the back of my head is telling me that Brave is overall the better movie. (and Arrietty trumps them both.)

That didn't stop Spirited Away from winning an oscar.

Realistically I don't think Arrietty stands a chance of winning (sadly), but hey, Spirited Away beat out Lilo and Stitch that year so I can always hope.
    Wreck It Ralph has been getting better reviews (and a lot of the good Brave reviews were, hey it's better than cars 2 reviews) from critics and from the audience. I actually think it's gotten the best reviews for an animated movie period this year besides Arriety.

Although I really enjoyed Arriety I don't think it will beat Ralph for the Oscar, the Oscar will realistically go to Ralph or Paranorman or a long shot with Brave (if this happened it would be because it was Pixar and only that) due to being fall movie season (when the Oscar contenders tend to be released) and both being strong and having ground-breaking animation for their animation style, plus the depth paranorman got and the emotional depth Ralph got.

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 03:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Paperman is probably the best Animated short before a disney movie I have ever seen.
    I'll agree with that, Paperman truly has the Oscar in the bag.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wanted to see this movie but it was the movie's soundtrack that kind of threw me off. I'm just so tired of these Disney movies that uses pop music anymore. One "artist" (quotations because I don't consider him a music artist) Skrillex or however his stupid name is makes music for this movie and the only reason I know him is because of the terribly annoying "music" he makes, Dub-step, if you even want to call it music. Now I don't know if he makes any dub-step tracks in the movie but I still don't like him being involved with it same as the other artists involved. Why can't they just make an original soundtrack with no lyrics that would fit the movie's style. I mean there making a movie based on old video game characters so why put modern day pop music in it and not like some of the characters music themes?

Aside from that I would very much like to see this movie as I play lots and lots of video games.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    I wanted to see this movie but it was the movie's soundtrack that kind of threw me off. I'm just so tired of these Disney movies that uses pop music anymore. One "artist" (quotations because I don't consider him a music artist) Skrillex or however his stupid name is makes music for this movie and the only reason I know him is because of the terribly annoying "music" he makes, Dub-step, if you even want to call it music. Now I don't know if he makes any dub-step tracks in the movie but I still don't like him being involved with it same as the other artists involved. Why can't they just make an original soundtrack with no lyrics that would fit the movie's style. I mean there making a movie based on old video game characters so why put modern day pop music in it and not like some of the characters music themes?

Aside from that I would very much like to see this movie as I play lots and lots of video games.
    Different people like different things, deal with it.

Well, considering Hero's Duty is a spoof of both Call of Duty and Halo at the same time, it's not all just old games and it's also the section that uses Skrillex's music (in the adverts and such at least). Would you not suggest that dub-step is an accurate musical market for the modern FPS gamer?

The majority of the music in Wreck-It-Ralph is a mix of your classical instrumental style soundtrack mixed with the old retro-video game style. Don't let the soundtrack not let you see it because honestly there is one Skrillex song and one Rihanna song that play for maybe a total of 5 minutes in the movie from what I could tell.

Honestly there is very little dub-step, and aside from that the actual scores are good and really set the scenes.