Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I remember I used to bite my nails, only when they were long enough to bite them, as I grew up the nails kept getting more annoying to bite off for whatever reason, so that put off the idea of biting them I guess. Just smother your fingers in hot sauce/some sort of nasty tasting stuff and have at it till your brain smartens up.

Quote Originally Posted by iCandy View Post
    we both smoke pot as well
    Oh well then, really messed up =p

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Get some of that horrible tasting stuff people use to stop sucking their thumbs/biting their nails.
    That doesn't work for me, the last stuff I had smelt like bananas so it made me want to chew more.

15+ Year Old Account
    I used to do that too when I was little. My mother promised me 10 cents for every nail I didn´t bite. It really helped.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

Quote Originally Posted by taurenburger View Post
    I used to do that too when I was little. My mother promised me 10 cents for every nail I didn´t bite. It really helped.
    Give me $100 for every nail I don't bite.

Inflation is a bitch :P

BTW, haven't bit my nails all day. YAY!

10+ Year Old Account
    i've been biting my nails to since I was a little kid, on and off. Usually when i'm really stressed out i don't have nails for months as I bite em of as they grow out, i've tried these disgusting tasting things you put on but didn't help a bit :P
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

I used to bite my nails all the time, but when I grew up, I grew out of it. A lot of the time I would bite them because they started to grow. Once I kept them clipped short, then it was fine. Think about it, are you going to continue to bite them when they're cut? Sooner or later you won't be able to without them hurting from being TOO short.

Get some gloves and be a gentlemen for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Aianne View Post
    That doesn't work for me, the last stuff I had smelt like bananas so it made me want to chew more.
    Yeah, I used to suck my thumb... I kinda ignored the horrible taste, but that's just me. ;p

Off-topic: Betting £10 that Oreo1000 is a spammer.

15+ Year Old Account
    All my life I've bit my nails and I can't seem to stop..I do it and don't even notice I'm doing it.

Any home remedies or something I can buy to help stop?

Need HALP!
    My buddies GF had the same thing and she tried hypnosis to stop doing it and it worked apparently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hah, I wish I only bit my nails. I also suffer from this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dermatophagia

It's not as bad as that first picture, but it leaves a constant pain. I do it sub-consiously most of the time so it's not a matter of stopping myself. I think I might have some sort of OCD or anxiety, need to get some meds =/

Been biting since childhood, caused my front two teeth to become a little crooked over time and even now I cant stop
    This is embarassing... please ignore my horrible username.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just stop biting your nails, it's as easy as it sounds. I remember I began to bite my nails when I was 12 and kept at it until I was 19. I recall looking at my nails one night after biting them and realizing how painful it was that they were trimmed as far back as possible, so if the nail pulled up, it would sometimes rip the skin a bit... anyways, I told myself I can't keep doing this and poof, I stopped. Everytime I was about to bite my nails, I would think of how I really don't like the feeling.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

All my life I've bit my nails and I can't seem to stop..I do it and don't even notice I'm doing it.

Any home remedies or something I can buy to help stop?

Need HALP!
    Chew your hair.

---------- Post added 2012-06-08 at 01:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Hah, I wish I only bit my nails. I also suffer from this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dermatophagia

It's not as bad as that first picture, but it leaves a constant pain. I do it sub-consiously most of the time so it's not a matter of stopping myself. I think I might have some sort of OCD or anxiety, need to get some meds =/
    I used to do that when I was really young. It was so painful.

So I switched to chewing my hair. Then I moved on to actually twirling my hair, to the point where I actually had a bald spot several inches wide on the top of my head. Then I went back to my nails, but instead of chewing them I just tore them off. Since I can't tear them off when there's no white, it works and isn't an unhealthy habit.

Now that I think of it, I also chew the insides of my mouth too, and crack my knuckles a lot.

I wonder if I have some sort of anxiety or compulsive disorder. o.O
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-06-08 at 05:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Get some of that horrible tasting stuff people use to stop sucking their thumbs/biting their nails.
    You don't even need to do this. I got a bottle of Tabasco and put it on my nails with a skinny paintbrush. Solved my nail biting problem quick, fast and in a hurry.

Deleted
    Ghost Pepper your digits.