Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Wow I now understand the WD QQ.

Im only halfway through Nightmare and Im started to understand all the witch doctor QQ. I twinked myself out pretty good since I had 7 mil to blow after quitting my monk. Level 39 with 2400 damage and 11k Health. My dogs get put down faster than a stray off the street and the cooldown is way to damn long to resummon them. I really wanted to play a WD as a pet class but if my pets are starting to struggle in Act II of Nightmare they are gonna blow donkey balls in Inferno. I hope with the fix/nerf to attack speed, which it seems WDs need for Splinter builds, maybe Blizzard will buff the pets. Even my big guy is starting to get raped. I hope once I get zombiebears things will get better since I have a ridiculous reduced level 2 hander waiting in my stash. My AoE is sick but I just love pet classes and wanted to play my WD as one. I mean why did Blizzard even give WDs pets if they intended for them to all suck after Normal mode?

IIRC they are going to buff the pets so they don't get 1-shot anymore.

Not really sure, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Yeah I am having no problem with nightmare on my WD. I use the big zombie and he does fine. I'm actually steamrolling Act III thus far. They do need to make the dogs not suck, though. Also, if you use the Circle of Life passive, you will almost always have at least one dog up.
    Opulence. I has it.

Deleted
    WD is a super good class for Inferno, even if you don't play with pets.

Anyway they will hopefully buff pets so you can play the way YOU want, and the fact that "any" build should be viable is a priority in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by llcjay1 View Post
    Yeah I am having no problem with nightmare on my WD. I use the big zombie and he does fine. I'm actually steamrolling Act III thus far. They do need to make the dogs not suck, though. Also, if you use the Circle of Life passive, you will almost always have at least one dog up.
    Yeah...now, if you're SUPER geared, spent millions on the AH, and really, truly know how to play your class...they'll be 2-shot. /eyeroll at blizz

It's just slightly ridiculous. This isn't the first class, nor the first game obviously, in which blizzard has implemented pets like this. I think the Necro pets worked just fine (even a bit OP at times) in D2. So why in the world do they suck so much in D3? Boggles the mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by TDrog View Post
    WD is a super good class for Inferno, even if you don't play with pets.
    Compared to what? Monks? haha

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Yeah...now, if you're SUPER geared, spent millions on the AH, and really, truly know how to play your class...they'll be 2-shot. /eyeroll at blizz

It's just slightly ridiculous. This isn't the first class, nor the first game obviously, in which blizzard has implemented pets like this. I think the Necro pets worked just fine (even a bit OP at times) in D2. So why in the world do they suck so much in D3? Boggles the mind.
    Because the necro playstyle is one they don't want to see in D3. As a necro, you were never in any real danger, all you had to do was summon a few pets and then walk around, stuff just died. If you cast Iron Maiden it was even easier. They don't want this kind of non-interactive play available in D3, it's cheap and unfair to other classes.

That said, they are currently a little underpowered and do need a buff. Not to the point where they play the game for you, but to a point they are actually worth using.

Apparently the issue was that they never scaled with vit.

No wonder they were getting obliterated, having potentially half or more of their health missing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    Apparently the issue was that they never scaled with vit.

No wonder they were getting obliterated, having potentially half or more of their health missing.
    The thing is they are dumb as rocks too. Just did the Kulle quest where u go into the cave for part of his blood. The dogs ran off and broke every slime object and then stood in it until they died. Not to mention they charge every treasure goblin. When they buff pets make them only assist ME! I am their damn master they obey me, they arent followers who have free will. I summoned the things either they can either obey me or they can stay in hell or wherever I conjured them from.

Also when I get Zombiebears are they really all that? I know you need to be close but how is their damage?

Pets on necro were not that great either, about the time you got to the swamp with the pygmies skeletons and such were one shot all the time, even if you spent all your points to constantly upgrade your pets they were still stinking up the joint. Unfortunately you could not reset spent points so you got stuck with fail unless you started over again and figured out that bone armor + bone spear was where the points should of been.

It sounds like you're describing the Demon Hunter class in act3/4 inferno.

OK problem solved my level 45 WD no longer sucks...

Last edited by Alilei32; 2012-06-07 at 03:39 AM.

Wow, how did you achieve those numbers? ._.

most likely a weapon with lower level requirement, and maxed out benefits rolled into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeonxi View Post
    Yea got a 1100 DPS weapon with int on it. With BBV i could hit 45k. It was funny killing Azmodan in 3 seconds. Also has 450 life on kill so I usually kill 20 at once so no chance of dieing at all.

Ironically the Monk's pet is superior in every way to the Witch Doctor's pets. Monk's have no cooldown on it & it does more damage.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Ironically the Monk's pet is superior in every way to the Witch Doctor's pets. Monk's have no cooldown on it & it does more damage.
    Monk pet + scoundrel with 5k+ damage was soloing Inferno mobs like they were nothing. They can actually kill golds solo unless they have ridiculous affixes

I agree. On my monk, I use my pet in act 1 inferno occasionally, and she's a freaking beast. Much better than the Witch Doctor's pets. I think Blizzard tried too hard to force some aspects of the game and it's current state is very awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeonxi View Post
    WDs are clearly the new DHs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alilei32 View Post
    WDs are clearly the new DHs
    Wait till you reach inferno, and you get ganked a lot cause your Spirit Walk is on cooldown, and you have no other defenses.