Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Maybe I'm cold and harsh... but, no one jabbed him with a tainted needle and he contracted obesity. The over whelming majority of morbidly obese people are that way because they allowed themselves through shear gluttony and outright laziness to become like that.
    It's a mental disorder. morbidly obese people don't want to be morbidly obese.

It's like saying suicidal people are just that way because they can't find a job, etc. It's ignorant.
    Last edited by glo; 2012-06-09 at 05:27 AM.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrashnar View Post
    Hang on, hang on.. He has had a girlfriend for two years and he's still a Virgin? How does this work?
    It works like.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    It's a mental disorder. Fat people don't want to be fat.

It's like saying suicidal people are just that way because they can't find a job, etc. It's ignorant.
    Everything is diagnosed as a 'mental disorder' nowadays. It's just an excuse so a doctor can give you pills. lol.

Deleted
    Well... As a chance that this might be OT i will say that some people deserve life. some dont, he choose to be what he is (as far as i am concerned)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrashnar View Post
    Hang on, hang on.. He has had a girlfriend for two years and he's still a Virgin? How does this work?
    It works like any other relationship, you do know that sex isn't the top of the "relationship list" right?

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Everything is diagnosed as a 'mental disorder' nowadays. It's just an excuse so a doctor can give you pills. lol.
    It really isn't. And this isn't even coming from someone who is obese or depressed. People with those issues are clearly not in the correct state of mind.

Regardless, yes, most people who are overweight are just careless or lazy. But people who weigh north of 300 pounds obviously have some issues.

---------- Post added 2012-06-09 at 05:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lavafoxx View Post
    It works like any other relationship, you do know that sex isn't the top of the "relationship list" right?
    It's certainly a pivotal point of any healthy relationship. Sexual attraction is human instinct, if it isn't happening, there's something wrong in the situation.
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

15+ Year Old Account
    It's certainly a pivotal point of any healthy relationship. Sexual attraction is human instinct, if it isn't happening, there's something wrong in the situation.
    Then explain the people that are in healthy, long-term relationships that are unable to partake in said activity.

Then explain the people that are in healthy, long-term relationships that are unable to partake in said activity.
    If one individual is physically unable to have sex, then the other is making a compromise. I really don't understand your point, or question.

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by Keju View Post
    Fat people are stupid. Revoke their healthcare/welfare and let them die off. They're just wasting resources at an exponential rate that the rest of the non-fat world could make use of for longer.
    I'd like for you to come and tell me that right in my face, instead of hiding behind your little screen. Pathetic..

On topic, when I see this video, makes me feel like my 50-60 pounds I need to lose isn't that big of a deal after all

15+ Year Old Account
    I really don't understand your point
    Of course you wouldn't, I won't hold that against ya tho.

Of course you wouldn't, I won't hold that against ya tho.
    You're not grasping the point. If both individuals are able to partake, they should be. If they're not, there's something else at play, and it certainly isn't healthy for the relationship or marriage.

build pics

Maybe I'm cold and harsh... but, no one jabbed him with a tainted needle and he contracted obesity. The over whelming majority of morbidly obese people are that way because they allowed themselves through shear gluttony and outright laziness to become like that.
    You're so horribly wrong. People in that kind of situation will often eat to solve all their problems. Like an alcoholic would get drunk, or be on drugs of whatever. They try compensate whatever they need to compensate. They are sick. They need help. Wayyyy more than a personal trainer or whatever, they need help from a psychiatrist to find the what is the problem and solve it. Of course, they will need to lose that weight, but once the problem is solved, they won't try to compensate after that.

I just can't understand how can you all judge those people so easily. Seriously. There are lazy people out there, but don't put everyone in the same boat, please..

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keju View Post
    Fat people are stupid. Revoke their healthcare/welfare and let them die off. They're just wasting resources at an exponential rate that the rest of the non-fat world could make use of for longer.
    That PERIOD

But really , like someone said above me , it's like drugs and booze, it's compensation for problems. Or mental problems.
    Last edited by enphestid; 2012-06-09 at 05:46 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    If both individuals are able to partake, they should be. If they're not, there's something else at play, and it certainly isn't healthy for the relationship or marriage.
    This is where you and I disagree on the subject. But I'll not continue down this line of discussion since it'll do nothing for the topic.

This guy is a personal trainer...are you fucking kidding me. This guy just wants attention, that's his disorder...well that coupled with morbid obesity. He's a personal trainer...what....the....fuck.

This is where you and I disagree on the subject. But I'll not continue down this line of discussion since it'll do nothing for the topic.
    Go ahead and give me a logical reason why 2 individuals who are healthy enough to do it, would choose not to at all.

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandello19 View Post
    This guy is a personal trainer...are you fucking kidding me. This guy just wants attention, that's his disorder...well that coupled with morbid obesity. He's a personal trainer...what....the....fuck.
    Again, read/watch the actual article.

He lost all the weight with a personal trainer. He got surgery to get rid of excess skin, got a GF, and started working at a gym. Then, he gained most of it back.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how you think you know exactly how people become morbidly obese. Fact is a lot of people don't get that way through laziness or gluttony. Ever hear of thyroid issues? I myself have hypothyroidism and can't control my weight through regular diet and exercise. I can easily lose weight when I put forth the effort, but it's very very hard, damn near impossible to keep it off. Cold and harsh are two words you could use to describe yourself, but personally I'd say ignorant more fits the bill.
    "I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am the protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!!!"

He's just trying to be Christan Bale, but the opposite.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shootyadead View Post
    ...I can easily lose weight when I put forth the effort, but it's very very hard...
    That's the mantra behind the obese people everywhere. Eat less, exercise more, even if it's just walking. Show a little willpower.

For every one person that has some kind of thyroid condition, 10,000 have no excuse besides low self esteem, laziness and gluttony.

I'm sorry most obese people's health and well-being isn't worth the effort is takes.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect