10+ Year Old Account

Why change the price on jewelcrafting?

I got my jewelcrafting to level 10 today and I felt a sense of accomplishment when I got that achievement; only to read later that they are lowering the price of the leveling for jewelcrafting. Why? I am a casual player and it wasn't difficult. Yeah it took some time but it wasn't difficult. I understand lowering the price of actually combining the gems but the leveling, in my opinion, should stay the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Combine price is WAY TOO HIGH..
    80k to go from level 8 to 9 gems.. And tomes on top.. So that really needs a nerf..

But levelling Shen himself, is IMO fine in price.. You only need to do it once, so no need for lower price..

Deleted
    How can anything that requires you to spend x ammount of gold and click a button 10 times be considered difficult by anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    80k to go from level 8 to 9 gems.. And tomes on top.. So that really needs a nerf..

But levelling Shen himself, is IMO fine in price.. You only need to do it once, so no need for lower price..
    They're not actually changing that price afaik. It's only gonna be the lower tier gems that can be obtained through drops. They still want the combine prices to be high for gems that can't be obtained by farming mobs since the game needs a gold sink to prevent inflation.

And to be completely honest, 80k is nothing. That's like 10 minutes of gold farming for a gem that doesn't ever get destroyed.

80k for stars, I can't imagine what it is for higher. That's an absolutely ridiculous price for ONE gem. Not to mention the price to combine the lower gems just to get enough to make a star.
    Intel i7 2600k @ 4.6ghz | Corsair H70 | SLI GTX580 @ 850 Core | OCZ Vertex 2 90GB (Boot)
    G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB RAM @ 1800mhz 8-9-8-24

Avid game lover and Twitch streamer @ twitch.tv/rendhammerTV

Deleted
    I believe the highest gems cost 1.5 mil

Even then once u make so many of those gems ur set. Just gotta pay the removal cost upon finding upgrades.

Deleted
    To craft one Radiant Star it's going to cost 15.4 million in just crafting fees alone, assuming you start from Flawless Squares.
    I think even being that high the cost is fine considering we can recycle our gems.

It's the beginning of the expansion. At some point, since gems are indestructible, their price will be severely damaged and it will eventually be cheaper to buy gems on the AH than craft. And that's how it'll go.

Quote Originally Posted by Yau View Post
    It's the beginning of the expansion. At some point, since gems are indestructible, their price will be severely damaged and it will eventually be cheaper to buy gems on the AH than craft. And that's how it'll go.
    Since they dont drop in game no one should ever sell gems for less than they cost to craft. The value of a gem higher than Flawless Square will always be the crafting fees + the cost of tomes and flawless square gems to make one. Lower quality gems are cheaper because they drop for free in the game.

---------- Post added 2012-06-10 at 04:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post

Leveling the JC was cheap and easy compare to the blacksmith. They said they were going to reduce the number of gems and maybe tomes needed to combine lower level gems and lower the cost to level the BS. I dont think they will be lowering the JC training cost since its only about 10-20K x10 where are the BS is 10-20kx5x10.