Question about weapon and dps

So what I have heard weapon dmg is most important stat for increasing your dps. So my question is would it be better to get a high dps weapon that lacks your main stat (int str dex) or get something that has ok dps and that stat. I currently got a Wizardspike on my wizard don't have weapon in front of me but stats are something like this, 697 dmg 100+ int 100+ vit and 14% increased attack speed. May be forgetting something can add more when I get home just wondering if thats a pretty good weapon or no. Sorry for the noob question dagger looks nice just maybe kinda low on damage.

Deleted
    First of all. LOVE. DAT. AVATAR!

Second. Yes weapon dps is the most important stat for increasing over all dmg, but, it depends. If you get a 800 dps weapon but it only has strength on it, then most likely the weapon you have right now will be better. Also, you gotta remember that the vit. is awsome when progressing into inferno.
    The only way to tell, is if you come across a higher dps weapon and then compare the two. It also depends on the IAS on the weapon, sockets etc.

Lol thanks yea I am trying to figure out how to increase my damage currently at 15k and 50k hp. Picked up that dagger today on the ah for 700k along with a couple other items as have been saving some of my gold till I finially hit 60 (and I did today!)

For the most part yes, wep dps is the most important stat, but thats not to say other stats are worthless in comparison. Depending on if you have a 2h or a 1h/with good offhand certain types of wep can be much stronger. I want blizz to impliment a way to see stat changes of items from ah when you are browsing, would make it a lot easier

So most of the time go with dps, but if its only 50-80 dps difference and a reasonable amount of stats, chances are those stats will be worth more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    I want blizz to impliment a way to see stat changes of items from ah when you are browsing, would make it a lot easier
    OMG yes! Really hope that's one of the improvements they're talking about.. So anoying trying to eye the difference without the actual figures popping up. Plus a little more detail overall in the stat change box would be nice, like ressistance changes