Deleted

can my friend play on his PC with my account?

is it possible? if he download the client and uses my account, will be able to play the beta when im not?

The clients aren't account bound. You could download it without having ever even purchased the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    The clients aren't account bound. You could download it without having ever even purchased the game.
    Doubt u can both be on 2 pcs at the same time though....ofc.

It would be breaking the NDA unless he has an account that was flagged for beta as well. That is unless of course the NDA has been dropped. Haven't kept up with GW2 lately. But as far as it being possible, yes it is definitely possible.

Deleted
    Yes he will be able to play beta on his pc using your account when your not playing beta your self.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanamman View Post
    It would be breaking the NDA unless he has an account that was flagged for beta as well. That is unless of course the NDA has been dropped. Haven't kept up with GW2 lately. But as far as it being possible, yes it is definitely possible.
    Yh...no NDA anymore Tell family, friends and complete strangers!
    Tell them! Now!

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not breaking NDA, but Im pretty sure its breaking TOS, which can get one or both of you banned. Great idea to do before its even out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't play during BWE2 so I'm letting friend play it on my account.
    He is reluctant to buy as he is running OS X. If it runs decent, he will buy it own copy.

Deleted
    Thats an awesome way for ANet to get more customers I dont see why they would mind. Its same as if you were living with a friend and he plays game when you are not. Why would that be a problem?

Yes you can.

Dont worry about getting banned, unless they can proof you gave your account information to your friend and he was the one that logged with that, you're fine.
    There are perfectly good reasons why you log in from different IPs, so they wont ban you when they suddenly see your account being used from another PC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Its not breaking NDA, but Im pretty sure its breaking TOS, which can get one or both of you banned. Great idea to do before its even out.
    lol seriously? "Oh no!! A friend is letting someone play their game for a little bit!! better ban them instead of encouraging it so the friend goes and buys their own copy!!"

It's better business for them to allow friends to share the game a little bit because seriously, who is actually going to ONLY play on their friends account? They'll buy their own if they find the game fun!!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    lol seriously? "Oh no!! A friend is letting someone play their game for a little bit!! better ban them instead of encouraging it so the friend goes and buys their own copy!!"

It's better business for them to allow friends to share the game a little bit because seriously, who is actually going to ONLY play on their friends account? They'll buy their own if they find the game fun!!
    Yah that rule is just there so you cant blame someone else for getting banned, by saying it wasnt you. Even that is somewhat flimsy as you can also just claim you got hacked if your account was logged from another, unfamiliar, location.
    But, keep in mind OP, this means that if your friend does something to get you banned then its on you. You are responsible for what happens on your account.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    Yah that rule is just there so you cant blame someone else for getting banned, by saying it wasnt you. Even that is somewhat flimsy as you can also just claim you got hacked if your account was logged from another, unfamiliar, location.
    But, keep in mind OP, this means that if your friend does something to get you banned then its on you. You are responsible for what happens on your account.
    Yes exactly!! I've let friends use my accounts fairly often when they were either A) on the verge of buying the game or B) really wanting to buy the game but just didn't have the money atm and wanted to play around a bit.

because face it, if the game is super fun i'm going to be on it a lot which would mean my friend wouldn't get to play it unless they owned it too. *shrugs* it really doesn't harm them in anyway it's more put there so you can't run around blaming people (as you said) for getting your account banned, so just make sure your friend isn't an idiot about what they're doing.
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes exactly!! I've let friends use my accounts fairly often when they were either A) on the verge of buying the game or B) really wanting to buy the game but just didn't have the money atm and wanted to play around a bit.

because face it, if the game is super fun i'm going to be on it a lot which would mean my friend wouldn't get to play it unless they owned it too. *shrugs* it really doesn't harm them in anyway it's more put there so you can't run around blaming people (as you said) for getting your account banned, so just make sure your friend isn't an idiot about what they're doing.
    Exactly!
    In my case, friend will buy if they can run it on Mac. Easy way to test is to run it
    I took bit of gamble and bought it anyway. I'm running it on Linux.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by archaea View Post
    Exactly!
    In my case, friend will buy if they can run it on Mac. Easy way to test is to run it
    I took bit of gamble and bought it anyway. I'm running it on Linux.
    you'll have to use bootcamp or another program to convert it to run on Mac. However, there's a chance that they will make a Mac version of the game after launch ESPECIALLY if it does really well.

10+ Year Old Account
    you'll have to use bootcamp or another program to convert it to run on Mac. However, there's a chance that they will make a Mac version of the game after launch ESPECIALLY if it does really well.

He is trying WineSkin first http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_2_on_Wine

10+ Year Old Account
    now.. does wineskin actually have a GW2 thing set up? Because i know they didn't have a reliable one for Rift set up until like 4-5 months after release...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure exactly what wineskin provides beside being "integrated" wrapper for wine.
    I'm using wine directly (although on Linux) and it worked great during BWE1.
    Only feature that didn't work for me was trading post / gem shop but from reports this issue was common on Windows as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure exactly what wineskin provides beside being "integrated" wrapper for wine.
    I'm using wine directly (although on Linux) and it worked great during BWE1.
    Only feature that didn't work for me was trading post / gem shop but from reports this issue was common on Windows as well.
    Huh, i guess the wine guys figured GW2 was gonna be bigger then Rift (or they actually planed on playing GW2) so they made a version early, well if it works that's great!! Just making sure you know it -may- not work due to the game not being out yet and etc .